Page 64 of 691 FirstFirst ... 445456575859606162636465666768697071727484 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by JCPunky View Post
    I am on day 156, I wonder if going in would even help
    Yep. If you are waiting and your interviews/reference interviews are done, it is in the hand of the local CFO for final approval. I wasn't even at day 60 when I did them.

I did it for my PAL and RPAL upgrade, approved each within 10 minutes of being there. But I'd bet ANY wiff of attitude would get a different result. I went in, acted ignorant ("Hi, I applied for my PAL, miramichi said it is with you, do I need to do an interview with you guys?"), and they just ran me through how the process goes, pulled up my file, and approved it then and there. Gave them proof of my club membership (for RPAL upgrade, my club ID card) and processed everything so my first restricted purchase went easier/quicker.

For those that have been through this, before it shows up online, does it just show a blank web page when you try to check the status?

CGN Regular kingstonsportshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CobraGuy View Post
    For those that have been through this, before it shows up online, does it just show a blank web page when you try to check the status?
    I believe it usually just shows that no info is available. Could be a blank page. I do know it usually takes about a week after they receive it for it to show up online.
    Member CCFR, OFAH, NDRGC PROJECT MAPLESEED

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    received my restricted course report from Sept 18th , Stamped Oct 3rd on Dec 30th very unimpressed. Missed all the holiday deal and set back 3 months. Curse you Ontario!!

CGN Regular kingstonsportshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by philhut View Post
    received my restricted course report from Sept 18th , Stamped Oct 3rd on Dec 30th very unimpressed. Missed all the holiday deal and set back 3 months. Curse you Ontario!!
    Yeah that is a pain. seems like no rhyme or reason. I did my course december 3 and received it in mail just over 3 weeks later. When I did my PAL in july I didn't get my report back for 7 weeks!

Faxed it in as soon as I received my restricted course report and the next day it changed to in progress. had my reference call in same day as well. Just waiting for final approval. Figured it would have been approved right after reference called in seeing as I already have a PAL but still no change. I will be calling tomorrow to see whats up.

Do you already have your PAL and this is just an upgrade or are you applying for both at once?
    Member CCFR, OFAH, NDRGC PROJECT MAPLESEED

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    Just unrestricted but apparently the mounted decided and issued ( not received ) my restricted license. ... funny I already have daily criminal checks and had references my first time around. ....my advice to anyone else just get both a once doing it separately is a PITA

Looking at some of the replies on this thread, I'm quite jealous of many of you! I sent my application for my PAL on March 31,2016. It's January 17, 2017!!! If anyone has it counted out, I've been waiting 292 days or 202 business days!!! Apparently it's been sitting on the BC CFOs desk for a while. I call and I call and I call, but they keep telling me that he hasn't got to it yet and they don't give me a timeline. If anyone can shed some light on my situation, I'm all ears.

*** I wrote on my application that I did have the police called on me 4 years ago when my ex called them because I was "harassing her" because she owed me A LOT of money. We both met with the police, and both of us was told to never speak to one another again and that was it.

I took the Rpal course first week in December and got the paperwork back at the end of Dec.

First time RPAL, Alberta.

Dec 18, 2016 - Mailed off via Xpresspost. "Have you passed course(s)" checked off NO on application.
    Dec 28, 2016 - Canada Post tracking shows parcel delivered (Xpress post is 3-day National from me to Miramichi, so because it was super late, CP gave me a shipping refund)
    Jan 10, 2017 - Application appears online: "Application Received Dec 28, 2016" "Your application has been received. It is currently being processed. You have been, or will be contacted either by phone or by mail for additional information. Please check the status again at a later date."
    Jan 14, 2017 Attended/Passed CFSC. Faxed off results the same day. CFRSC postponed by training provider till the 28th of Jan.
    Jan 28, 2017 Attended/Passed CFRSC. Faxed results to CFP.
    Jan 30, 2017 (Morning) Completed initial processing, application in progress.
    Jan 30, 2017 (Afternoon)Had one reference call in for interview. Afterwards, status immediately changed to licence issued!

44 days from initial mailing, 34 days in Miramichi. I suspect I would have been exactly at the 28 day mark had it not been for mailing and course delays, and applying before I had even attended my courses.

Feb 6, 2017 RPAL arrives in mail.
    Last edited by Bootstrap; 02-07-2017 at 03:24 AM.

First time PAL, Ontario.

Jan 4/2017 - mailed regular post
    Jan 11/2017 - Application received online
    Feb 8/2017 - Application status changed to licence issued

Feb 16/2017 - PAL arrives in mail

28 days in Miramichi, no reference calls