Page 166 of 690 FirstFirst ... 146156158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173174176186 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 6897

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Anyone here dealed with Quebec CFO recently?

I called RCMP yesterday, they told me my application is in final stage, with the quebec cfo, and that it should not be very long from there and to call back in 2 weeks if I dont have my PAL.

So my hope was high but on the other end some people on another thread were told by quebec cfo that the waiting time is currently 4-6 months in CFO which is crazy.

If RCMP told me its in final process and to call back in two weeks, its because they know something I dont, or I'll wait till april for the cfo?

So I just called the RCMP, and the very polite and pleasant lady informed me everything looks good on my application, the payment went through ok and they aren't requesting any more information at this point. She said "it's in the middle of the processing and will be sent to the CFO after this. It is not in their hands yet. Feel free to call back within the next couple weeks for an update." Ugh so much for boxing Day deals lol. At least the lady was pleasant...

Quote Originally Posted by miigman View Post
    So I just called the RCMP, and the very polite and pleasant lady informed me everything looks good on my application, the payment went through ok and they aren't requesting any more information at this point. She said "it's in the middle of the processing and will be sent to the CFO after this. It is not in their hands yet. Feel free to call back within the next couple weeks for an update." Ugh so much for boxing Day deals lol. At least the lady was pleasant...
    Man if any constellation. I was told the same thing. Licence issued like 8 days later ish. I know how miserable the not knowing is. I can say it’s white frustrating. But the end is nesr. If they didn’t require more info that’s a good sign and you might be in the non flagged pile. I know I can say it could be almost here. But the negativity doesn’t allow it. I was there 2 days ago. Watched the pistol I wanted sell out nation wide in 2 hours. Next day got the licence number. And ordered all of it. In an hour. My wife will #### when the visa bill comes. But just keep checking online. And hopefully soon buddy.

I will keep coming to check on the thread here as I feel for everyone in limbo still and want to see how the time lines turn out for all of you fellas.

So I finally got the call from the officer in charge of my file yesterday, saying that he was giving the go on my application. It took 468 days and roughly 30-40 calls, but it's finally in the mail! I don't know if this was the spur that kicked the camel into gear, but I sent an email to the address given to me (cfp-pcaf@rcmp-grc.gc.ca) by one of the information officers two days beforehand, and two days later I got my final interview and confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Colenator101 View Post
    So I finally got the call from the officer in charge of my file yesterday, saying that he was giving the go on my application. It took 468 days and roughly 30-40 calls, but it's finally in the mail! I don't know if this was the spur that kicked the camel into gear, but I sent an email to the address given to me (cfp-pcaf@rcmp-grc.gc.ca) by one of the information officers two days beforehand, and two days later I got my final interview and confirmation.

Congrats!

Was this for Rpal or pal?

Just checked the application status and my license has been issued!!!! Woohoo! So the timeline for those who don't know:

Ontario Resident:

Oct. 21/22 - Passed CFSC for restricted / non restricted
    Oct. 31 - Received stamped papers back from FESO (or whatever)
    Nov. 2 - Mailed out application
    Nov. 9 - Received by RCMP
    Nov. 29 - Application shows up online
    Dec. 12 - Called RCMP to get an update, it's processing call back later
    Dec. 14 - This morning, checked online and my PAL has been issued.

Time to blow my money!

Just checked the application status and my license has been issued!!!! Woohoo! So the timeline for those who don't know:

Ontario Resident:

Time to blow my money!
    This is awesome! Yours was super fast too. Same as mine to the day. Mine was issued Tuesday. What is the first purchase gonna be?
    Now we have to wait for the card. Transfers. And registration and ####. There’s got to be a thread for that we can bellyache in as we have another month plus of waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledoherty View Post
    This is awesome! Yours was super fast too. Same as mine to the day. Mine was issued Tuesday. What is the first purchase gonna be?
    Now we have to wait for the card. Transfers. And registration and ####. There’s got to be a thread for that we can bellyache in as we have another month plus of waiting.
    I really haven't decided yet! I said to myself when I first passed my course that the first gun I wanted was an AR15. However, I need to join a club and get an ATT before I can even purchase a restricted firearm. So I don't know yet. I'll have to go to NAS Guns and Ammo to see what they have. I have a 10% off coupon there so that will help.

I'm going to try calling to see if I can get my PAL number and expiration date so I can give it to the club I want to join. Then I can get to buying online lol.

What are you thinking for your first?

Ontario Resident:

Time to blow my money!
    Congrats! Hopefully mine will be just as fast.

Called in today. Told application still has to go to CFO (day 38). I don't understand how some go to there CFO offices so quickly and others don't. Located in alberta btw.