Page 564 of 689 FirstFirst ... 544554556557558559560561562563564565566567568569570571572574584 ... LastLast
Results 5,631 to 5,640 of 6887

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by Electro204 View Post
    Wondering if anyone else has had this issue or can provide a suggestion of a course of action.

I submitted my renewal application on February 13 of this year. I still have not received a new license and on the website it just says "We have completed the initial review of your firearms licence application. If additional information is required, you will be contacted. Please check the status again at a later date."

I sent a snail mail letter to the CFO office listed on the Firearms program website on July 23 inquiring about status but still have not heard back. When phoning, it just says "we're experiencing higher than usual call volumes" and hangs up.

Help?
    I wish there was a concise course of action we could take, I sent in my application Jan 24...
    It was promptly reviewed the next week Feb 2nd, they requested a new picture in Mid-March

My application was sent to ON-CFO at the start of August and the 4 times I've contacted them i was told "Yeah there is no issues or other information required but we cant give you a estimated time of completion" but when I was originally told by whoever answers CFO mainline that "the average wait time is 9 months" which is total bogus if you look at other people from ON recent timelines (for PAL/RPAL)

Might call again today and ask "what's up with the neglect?" lol

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmypal View Post
    Do you think they will allow it or just tell me I have to wait 9 months if I call in & what exactly do I say lol
    Well in my case i called the cfo and was able to talk with the cfo explained i had a hunting trip which i paid for and supplied my itinerary to the cfo and i was able to have my Lic approved there on the spot, but it took 20 day wait period and 2 month wait,

Hello all:

I am located in Ontario and I recently sent in my R-PAL application to the RCMP office in NB.

It was received on September 9, 2022 by the RCMP office, of which I have delivery confirmation by Canada Post.

I realize that I am only at the beginning of the process and there is a 28-day cooling off period, but when I go onto the RCMP Individual Web Services and I attempt to login in, the website says it doesn't have any information that matches my data.

What does this mean? Shouldn't it say the application has been received?

Thanks,

Grayson

Quote Originally Posted by G Lee View Post
    Hello all:

I am located in Ontario and I recently sent in my R-PAL application to the RCMP office in NB.

It was received on September 9, 2022 by the RCMP office, of which I have delivery confirmation by Canada Post.

I realize that I am only at the beginning of the process and there is a 28-day cooling off period, but when I go onto the RCMP Individual Web Services and I attempt to login in, the website says it doesn't have any information that matches my data.

Thanks,

Grayson
    You probably have at least two more months before you can log in. My timeline (Ontario):
    February 25th - 27th: PAL/RPAL Course
    March 25th: Course result certs received in the mail
    March 30th: Delivered to Miri (1 day before fee change)
    June 24th: Processed and incorrect fee letter sent
    July 3rd: First login to RCMP portal
    July 6th: Fee paid over phone
    July 15th: License issued (Portal)
    July 15th: License issued (Letter)
    July 28th: Received in mailbox

Qc

Pal to Rpal upgrade (received my pal a year ago)
    If you have a pal already (recently obtained) to upgrade to rpal you must fill the same form again as if you never had a pal before except you pay half the fee and you don't need to send a proof that you have done the pal exam.. the cfo have it in their database.

Feb 2022 registered to do the rpal course…(long wait list)
    Rpal Course taken on 27th march . score 100%
    Application sent on 14th april using xpress post. However, next time i will use registered letter with signature not xpress post.. lesson learned. I'll explain why
    Application received on 22nd april ( but the status did not show up until July ) as if they did not receive anything. I though my application was lost in the mail until July. They can't track your letter because it is not in their database.
    So Sometime in July (exactly 3 months later) the web status was changed to Initial review complete if we need anything we will contact you.
    September 12 . Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. So it was a 5 months waiting from the moment they got my application. Make that 7 months process if you include the rpal course.
    Because it's an upgrade from pal to Rpal , the number remains the same so i can already start my shopping. I don't have to wait for the physical card.
    September 14 i bought my first handgun (apparently it will take 4-5 months until i get it)
    September 15-16 negotiating for a second handgun.

By the way, In my area you also have to do two things the rest the canadians don't need to. Our province sux
    We have to pass a provincial two parts exam on top of the federal firearm exams. Also known as law-9 which is required in qc if you want to own, transport and use your handgun at the range.
    That law9 second exam has a month or two waiting list long and a another month for the test result. (So i did that in may while waiting for my rpal )
    On top of that you must also be a full member of a range. By full membership i mean FULL membership (not some daily pass nor registered guess pass or friend of a member..nope) and here they don't come cheap. Like $400/year near city zones. If you don't shoot atleast one bullet at the range within a year you must redo that law-9 provincial two parts exam.
    Otherwise you loose the privilege to transport and use your handgun.. you can still own what you legal got though, but it/they must remain in your safe until you redo the provincial two part test.
    If you are a handgun collector or something who just wish to shoot occasionally once every few years ( say once every 3 years. ) that means you will have to pay for 3 years membership $400x3 =$1200 for 3 years.. that is if you don't want to redo the provincial test. After 20 years it should cost you $8000+
    And forget about trying your handgun in your basement lol that's a no no . Here you can only shoot at the shooting range only and forget about owning a range., our cfo here don't give out the right to own a shooting range easily. Quite difficult actually , closer to near impossible.

So anyway, i bought two handguns this week which i expect to receive/own by February/march 2023. In other words 12 months process from the day you're thinking about owning a handgun and the day you have one in your hand.

Goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by G Lee View Post
    Hello all:

Thanks,

Grayson
    The 28 day cooling off period is before they even open the envelope. And that’s the minimum. Currently it’s about 10 weeks before they open it, and only then will the RCMP database update.

You did the right thing getting the delivery confirmation, at least you know it wasn’t lost in the mail.

Mine was received/delivery confirmation on June 17th. Nothing updated online until Sept 2nd.

Great. I didn’t realize there is even a delay in acknowledging receipt of the application.

Insert crying emoji lol.

has anybody who got their cc charged on august 25th been approved yet?

Cc charged Aug 26th still waiting. Ontario
    Last edited by DILLIGAF905; 09-16-2022 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Location

Ontario timeline:

Application received: May 19
    CC Charged: Aug 13

Still pending review. People with a later CC date have already been approved and got their licenses. All my questions were No's. Starting to think there is no hope I'll get it in time.