Page 494 of 690 FirstFirst ... 474484486487488489490491492493494495496497498499500501502504514 ... LastLast
Results 4,931 to 4,940 of 6899

Thread: PAL Wait Time

ONTARIO APPLICANT:

I got my RPAL issued in exactly 28 days !

CFSC/CRFSC Completed (August 21-22)

September 6, 2021 - Application mailed without the stamped results
    (I waited 2 weeks to get my stamped results from FSESO but later I read on this forum that you should send your application without the results so that the mandatory 28 day wait time starts right away) HUGE HELP !

September 10, 2021 - Application received by RCMP

September 24, 2021 - Credit card charged -application was viewable online. Status showing "Initial review completed, we will contact you if further info required. Check status at later date"

September 27, 2021
    - Stamped results came in mail and faxed it to the number provided by firearm program along with my application number

October 8, 2021 - Your application has been processed and your license has been issued.

I was expecting a call from CFO since its a restricted license and I have interacted with police on few occasions (GF called the cops 4 years because of an argument. no violence - no charges or convictions in my record though.)

None of my references were contacted either.

I think this must be some sort of world record lol I was expecting to get my license between 4-8 months period.
    Last edited by The Accountant; 10-08-2021 at 10:18 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dogleg's Avatar
    Three months and still waiting for a renewal.
    Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "over .40". Coincidence? I don't think so.

My PAL took 8 months to come because after 4 months they sent it back because I missed a signature and then I waited 4 more months until I finally got it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Accountant View Post
    ONTARIO APPLICANT:

I got my RPAL issued in exactly 28 days !

CFSC/CRFSC Completed (August 21-22)

September 6, 2021 - Application mailed without the stamped results
    (I waited 2 weeks to get my stamped results from FSESO but later I read on this forum that you should send your application without the results so that the mandatory 28 day wait time starts right away) HUGE HELP !

September 10, 2021 - Application received by RCMP

September 24, 2021 - Credit card charged -application was viewable online. Status showing "Initial review completed, we will contact you if further info required. Check status at later date"

September 27, 2021
    - Stamped results came in mail and faxed it to the number provided by firearm program along with my application number

October 8, 2021 - Your application has been processed and your license has been issued.

I was expecting a call from CFO since its a restricted license and I have interacted with police on few occasions (GF called the cops 4 years because of an argument. no violence - no charges or convictions in my record though.)

None of my references were contacted either.

I think this must be some sort of world record lol I was expecting to get my license between 4-8 months period.
    Quick, go out and buy a lottery ticket!

Hi guys, I am very pleased to report my PAL and RPAL has been issued in 34 days!

Ontario applicant timeline:

CFSC and CRFSC taken: August 14 and 15, 2021

Course papers stamped and received September 8, 2021

Application received at Mirimici: September 10, 2021

License issued October 14, 2021: “ Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number (1-800-731-4000).”

Now I just wait for my license in the mail.

I was pretty relentless in calling the RCMP and CFO and staying on top of my profile to make sure everything was in good order. If I can give any advise on expediting your license, CALL CALL CALL

CGN Regular
    Spoke with someone at the office and they said they are 4 month behind on approvals; renewal or otherwise.

That said, online renewals are faster she mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect.strike View Post
    Hi guys, I am very pleased to report my PAL and RPAL has been issued in 34 days!

Ontario applicant timeline:

CFSC and CRFSC taken: August 14 and 15, 2021

Course papers stamped and received September 8, 2021

Application received at Mirimici: September 10, 2021

License issued October 14, 2021: “ Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number (1-800-731-4000).”

Now I just wait for my license in the mail.

I was pretty relentless in calling the RCMP and CFO and staying on top of my profile to make sure everything was in good order. If I can give any advise on expediting your license, CALL CALL CALL
    What number do you call? 1-800-731-4000? My application with stamped results was received from Toronto, Ontario on September 27, 2021 according to the tracker on my prepaid express post envelope. I have not been charged on my credit card nor am I able to check online as of today.

Once you have submitted the stamped papers from the CFO, give it 2-3 weeks to show up online. I got charged the day my application appeared online but every case is different so it’s unpredictable. With regards to the number, call the number you mentioned with the prompts (1, 5 then 2). Keep in mind, they won’t be able to look up your account until your profile appears online with an application number.

My PAL (non-restricted) was approved in 44-45 days, now I wait for the card in the mail (I didn’t check online Wednesday so without calling to confirm, it was either 44 or 45 days total). I was pleasantly surprised it was so quick as I saw the Manitoba CFO office is relocating, but I guess the 45 days is the “typical” timeframe.

August 21, 2021: CFSC taken/passed & Student copy received

August 26, 2021: PAL application sent tracked Xpresspost

August 30, 2021: application received on date, same day it arrived according to tracking

September 13-15, 2021: “we have completed the initial review of your firearms license application …”

September 23, 2021: money order cashed (I called Canada post to confirm, I suppose they’re processed differently than CC by the CFP since they’re a guaranteed payment instrument)

September 27, 2021: end of statutory 28 day hold

October 13-14, 2021: “your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within two weeks please contact…”

Quote Originally Posted by aboynamedsuita View Post
    Manitoba applicant for PAL, the CRFSC isn’t being offered as frequently as CFSC where I can find it, and I’m only really interested in NR firearms at this time. I’ll probably take the CRFSC in the future when the scheduling works out better.

August 21, 2021: CFSC taken and student copy of report received later that day.

August 26, 2021: PAL application mailed with a prepaid tracked Xpresspost envelope. I had been planning to apply for awhile so had the forms mostly ready, but realized I had to use the newer one.

August 30, 2021: delivered to NB, also the day it was entered “application received on”.

September 15, 2021: “we have completed the initial review of your firearms license application …”. This is also when I first was able to login to check the status, although I hadn’t checked every day for the week prior. I was later told during a phone call it was entered on the 13th.

September 21, 2021: I called the 1-800 number because I was advised by Canada Post the money order I sent hadn’t been cashed yet. I had read others here post their CC was charged around the same time their application was entered, so I wanted to ensure there wasn’t a problem with the payment (I assume money orders are processed differently since they are more secure?). I sent a money order since it seemed less likely for something to go wrong (such as my card being used fraudulently somewhere and then being cancelled creating an issue/delay with payment at the CFP), as I was initially anticipating a 4+ month delay.

September 27, 2021: 28 day hold lapses.

Now I am waiting lol. When I called the 1-800 number, the staff at the CFP were very polite/helpful and mentioned my photo was in the scanning queue, I went to one of the professional places at the UPS Store, so hopefully no issues. The CFP said to call back in 2 weeks, but I’m kind of reluctant to as I don’t want to be annoying. I might wait until the 45 days “normal” timeline passes, which would be a bit over a week longer. I also saw the MB CFO office is relocating, so hopefully that doesn’t affect timelines too much.

CGN Regular
    In Ontario, my wife is still waiting, 10 months now. Many phone calls, resulting in squat. Going moose hunting tomorrow, one gun only, I don't mind, she's pretty excited. I'm hoping we see her PAL before the end of moose season. but looking sketchy now.