Page 300 of 689 FirstFirst ... 280290292293294295296297298299300301302303304305306307308310320 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 6885

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Thanks, understood. I'm speaking more about Quebec's processes in normal times, and whether it requires calling repeatedly, etc.
    Last edited by DarseZ; 06-01-2020 at 12:25 PM.

Thanks for your reply, no worries there.
    More asking about dealing with Quebec in normal circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by SovereignSpirit View Post
    From the RCMP website:

"Due to measures taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Canadian Firearms Program is currently experiencing significant impacts to our services, like many other service providers in Canada.

Clients may experience longer than normal wait times when calling the contact centre
    The processing of applications for a new firearm licence is on hold until further notice
    The production of firearms licence cards is on hold until further notice
    The delivery of Firearms Safety Course (s) may be postponed due to social distancing protocols"

Sigh
    Last edited by DarseZ; 06-01-2020 at 12:27 PM.

I took my non-restricted last June and my restricted in September, and just received my card in the mail on March 12th, for anybody out there hoping to get theirs by spring or whatever, sorry to be the bear of bad news but you’ll be waiting quite a lot longer than that, potentially the end of summer going into fall or even longer. If I waited from 6-7 months without the COVID crisis going on, you better be damn sure they’re gonna take even more time now. I just read they halted application processing and license printing. Bad time for some folks unfortunately.

Keep getting error 1 when trying to check status online, mailed in via Express post got there March 5 or 6th.

Any insight?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandnew View Post
    Keep getting error 1 when trying to check status online, mailed in via Express post got there March 5 or 6th.

Any insight?
    I think I'm in the same boat - and I worry it is sitting in a pile on a desk and won't be looked at for month. I would imagine we're the last group to not make it through.

Quote Originally Posted by jessneuf View Post
    I think I'm in the same boat - and I worry it is sitting in a pile on a desk and won't be looked at for month. I would imagine we're the last group to not make it through.

Error 1: we do not have any information that matches this data. If the data is correct please check you application status again at a later date.

Is what I keep getting. Got there Feb 25.

Last edited by DarseZ; 06-01-2020 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Blaze View Post
    Error 1: we do not have any information that matches this data. If the data is correct please check you application status again at a later date.

Is what I keep getting. Got there Feb 25.
    They received mine on the 17th of Feb, but kept getting that msg youre getting until it changed to "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued." on Mar 18th. Probably gonna take a while for it to get here due to the current situation though. I'll keep calling them to see if I can get my PAL #

Quote Originally Posted by DarseZ View Post
    This isn't a question related to the current health crisis.

Does Quebec normally take longer to approve PAL and RPAL applications, and what have people done in the past to try and encourage the Surete to process their application?

(I understand nothing's happening right now...asking about Quebec's process normally)
    I'm also interested to know if someone in Quebec got their RPAL recently, in my case initial processing begun january 25th and still at the same stage as of today

I am in Quebec , my application still waiting . it has been 3 month 7 days . told me I have to wait so time . they wont work at covid 19
    Last edited by o6z9o; 03-31-2020 at 08:44 AM.