Page 205 of 688 FirstFirst ... 185195197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213215225 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 6872

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by Icebane View Post
    Okay. I wrote a new one over lunch. Better? Worse?

Dear Mr. McGuinty,

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police Firearms Licence Services division is failing to serve Canadians under your Liberal government. If the Liberals are wondering why all hunters/shooters across Canada are voting blue it is because of our love for our sport/activity and what the Liberals have done to abolish it. Where is my permit? How many more times will I be told to wait another 2-3 weeks. I paid for my course 6 months ago… I am very sorry to waste your time with this diminutive matter but perhaps if whomever is providing this service cared as much we would not be here. Tell Justin I just want the freedom to be able to smoke a joint and shoot my own meat like our forefathers… Maybe then he’ll action this issue.

My PAL# is 1xxxxxx.0001 Please find out where it is and why after over 165 days, I’ve heard nothing from them (with the exception of them charging my credit card over a month ago).
    Why do say 165 days??
    You said the RCMP received it on Feb 8 and your lic issued on Mar 21.
    Can't really count the days you took the course & waited for your stamped test results etc.
    The printer issue is what's holding things up for you now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringwraith View Post
    Why do say 165 days??
    You said the RCMP received it on Feb 8 and your lic issued on Mar 21.
    Can't really count the days you took the course & waited for your stamped test results etc.
    The printer issue is what's holding things up for you now.
    Why not? That was the day I wanted to buy a gun and the government prevented the retailer to sell it to me and this whole process started. Actually, no, you can add a few more days to that number... The printer issue is not acceptable either. If they can’t handle the volume then change print houses... And the stamped test results is another unnecessary way to drag out an already overly long process.

Also I didn’t say the rcmp received it on February 8. They said that. I think they got it a few days before that...

Why not? That was the day I wanted to buy a gun and the government prevented the retailer to sell it to me and this whole process started. Actually, no, you can add a few more days to that number... The printer issue is not acceptable either. If they can’t handle the volume then change print houses... And the stamped test results is another unnecessary way to drag out an already overly long process.

Also I didn’t say the rcmp received it on February 8. They said that. I think they got it a few days before that...
    I would also say that when you're registering for the course, taking the course, filling in your paperwork etc. They're waiting on you, not the other way around.

I also agree that the RCMP are taking way too long currently. Beyond what's reasonable anyway.

been reading thru this massive thread. Started with 2017 and onward.

Can someone in the know share some insight in what the process is? As in, i am trying to read between the lines and understand what the process means.

I recall seeing something about if they look over your application and find anything wrong they stop the process. Or do they automatically charge your
    credit card before even looking at it?

where in the process do they do a criminal record check? Does CFP do this before charging CC or does it wait until it goes to provincial CFO? I am thinking it is done at CFP before being passed to provincial CFO.

Besides the literal meaning of it, what does it mean when they say they are waiting for the picture to be scanned? Does this mean you have passed the initial checks and are basically approved?
    Or do they routinely scan photos? Seems like a waste of time and resources to scan photos for apps they will/may later reject.

My app was received March 21. Opened and CC charged April 11 and appeared online. I called in on April 15 to check if all was good. Was told nothing missing all is good. They are waiting on photo to be scanned and then
    will be sent to provincial CFO for final approval.

Hi all,

Frustrating process so far but here's my timeline so fast for my PAL application

Feb 16 CFSC taken
    Feb 20 sent package by snail mail
    Feb 26 received in Miramichi
    Mar 1 Application started processing
    Mar 27 Faxed missing Course confirmation after receipt from CFO in Ontario
    Called several times in between, each time being told my application had been sent to CFO for further processing
    Apr 18 Called CFO and was told application was NEVER sent and was sitting in someone's work queue in Miramichi, was then transferred back to Miramichi and spoke with someone who told me it could be another 3-4 weeks of processing.

I'm very frustrated as I was told several times by agents in Miramichi that the application was already at the CFO and therefore had not followed up because I was under the impression it would be any day the status should change and now I'm looking at wait times that exceed hunting season. Especially frustrated because it appears to be human error that has caused the delay for my case.

SIGH

Quote Originally Posted by Travdawg View Post
    I would also say that when you're registering for the course, taking the course, filling in your paperwork etc. They're waiting on you, not the other way around.

I also agree that the RCMP are taking way too long currently. Beyond what's reasonable anyway.
    Glad we agree that "the RCMP are taking way too long currently" but please don't say they're waiting on me. I had my application filled before my CFSC even started and mailed my stamped examination results within 4hrs of receipt. Believe me there was no waiting on their end...

In my opinion the period that you call "registering for the course, taking the course" is plenty reasonable a waiting period on its own. In my case, in my area, that was over 2 months right there. The extra month on top of that waiting for the stamped copy is unreasonable and unnecessary in my eyes.

How much safer are Canadians today because I've had to wait 6+ months total before I can finally go deer hunting 12 hours out of town 6 months ago? If it helps, I drive average speed and have never been in an auto collision in 25+ years of driving...

Quote Originally Posted by Blintok57 View Post
    been reading thru this massive thread. Started with 2017 and onward.

Can someone in the know share some insight in what the process is? As in, i am trying to read between the lines and understand what the process means.

I recall seeing something about if they look over your application and find anything wrong they stop the process. Or do they automatically charge your
    credit card before even looking at it?

where in the process do they do a criminal record check? Does CFP do this before charging CC or does it wait until it goes to provincial CFO? I am thinking it is done at CFP before being passed to provincial CFO.

Besides the literal meaning of it, what does it mean when they say they are waiting for the picture to be scanned? Does this mean you have passed the initial checks and are basically approved?
    Or do they routinely scan photos? Seems like a waste of time and resources to scan photos for apps they will/may later reject.

My app was received March 21. Opened and CC charged April 11 and appeared online. I called in on April 15 to check if all was good. Was told nothing missing all is good. They are waiting on photo to be scanned and then
    will be sent to provincial CFO for final approval.
    I may be way off base as I'm simply a noob in the grand scheme of things, but have been doing a bit of research as well as from things I've gathered from talking with CFP and the CFO.

If something is wrong, I believe they'll pause the process and send you a letter (or phone) to correct the issue. For example, when I sent mine in I did so without the safety course report. They sent me a letter asking for me to fax it in. This does NOT stop them from charging you. I think they literally do this as soon as they open you're application.

As for the criminal records check, it seems if your application is complete and squeaky clean, CFP has the power to grant your approval right away. If it does not, it gets forwarded to the provincial CFO.

From what I've read on here the scanning of your photos is one of the first things they do. I also believe with 99% certainty that CFP receives your physical package in Miramichi and everything is digitized and the provincial CFO is accessing data entered in their system. I'm sure it doesn't take much effort to scan photos in the grand scheme of things. I mean they took your $60 or $80 even if they reject you so I'm sure they can afford to pay someone to scan all photos.

The biggest bottleneck seems to be the CFO, despite CFP receiving EVERYTHING and then it gets thinned out based on the province the person is in. I think it's because most of the work is done with the CFO

Welcome to the queue

I had my application filled before my CFSC even started and mailed my stamped examination results within 4hrs of receipt. Believe me there was no waiting on their end...
    I believe your biggest mistake was mailing your results. If it takes say 3 weeks for them to get to your initial application, it's not unreasonable to think they'd take as long to get to your follow up. You should have faxed in the results.

I ended up signing up for a VoIP fax number simply for the purpose of scanning and faxing my course report to them. Took 1-2 days for it to get added in to my file.

Quote Originally Posted by xeronine View Post
    I believe your biggest mistake was mailing your results. If it takes say 3 weeks for them to get to your initial application, it's not unreasonable to think they'd take as long to get to your follow up. You should have faxed in the results.

I ended up signing up for a VoIP fax number simply for the purpose of scanning and faxing my course report to them. Took 1-2 days for it to get added in to my file.
    I didn't mail in the results, they were together with the application. And, I must admit, I was leery to wait for the stamped examination results to mail it all in together but the firearms examiner on my course advised us that that was the safest and most efficient way to process the application. Do you think I was ill advised by our government official? Rhetorical... Glad I could help them make their process more efficient (Very heavy on the sarcasm here)...
    Last edited by Icebane; 04-18-2019 at 01:55 PM.

I express posted my RPAL application on April 15th. I included everything including a range membership. We will see how long it takes.