Page 164 of 690 FirstFirst ... 144154156157158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172174184 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 6897

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledoherty View Post
    I feel you man. The pistol I wanted just sold out. The rifle I wanted is now a back order item. I’ve conceded to give up too as with Christmas coming not much is going to happen until mid January anyways. Plus all the paperwork post purchase. It was kind of expecting too much to be shooting in less than a year. There are cases of super fast turn around. But the average seems to be 4-6 months. Then att and registration racks on another month.
    Yup, that's the Canadian government in an nutshell. Unfulfilled expectations. I hope that no one gets caught, during the holidays, unless that's gonna add another month.

Quote Originally Posted by ianch View Post
    Current timeline for my application. Located in Calgary, AB:

Sept. 22, 2018 - Completed CFSC (Only completed non-restriction portion as I hate shooting handguns and don't have the money for it)
    Sept. 26,2018 - Mailed in application to Miramichi, only for Non-restricted PAL
    Oct. 1, 2018 - Received at RCMP office, confirmed by registered mail (all days counted from this day forward)
    Nov. 1, 2018 - Application status online "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date." (22 business days, 31 total days)
    Nov. 2, 2018 - CC charged (23 business days, 32 total days)
    Nov. 14, 2018 - Called RCMP number to check on application. Was told timeline could range anywhere from 45 - 90 days for completion (30 business days, 44 total days)
    Nov. 26th, 2018 - Called again to check. Was told there was no issues and that I was still within the specified 45 - 90 days for completion. Instructed to call back in 9 weeks (LOL) if I still didn't have the licence. (39 business days, 56 total days)
    Dec. 4th, 2018 - Called again to check. Was told that the typical completion time was 45 BUSINESS days and that I was still within that window. Current application was in its final stage of review prior to being sent off to the Alberta CFO for final approval. Instructed to call back if I still didn't have my card in hand by the end of the month (44 business days, 64 total days thus far)

I'm amazed that it is taking this long for me to only get a non-restricted PAL. I didn't check off any boxes, have no criminal history, and have no previous exes I need to worry about.

I'm a little annoyed as I missed the black Friday sales and will most likely miss the boxing day sales as well. Winchester is having a wicked sale with a rebate on their PA SXP models and I would have loved to scoop one of those up before the new year.

Update:
    Called December 10th, 2018 - Got the usual answer with no progression (48 Business days, 70 days total)

Edit: Sorry, cant figure out how to quote a previous reply, but thanks to those who posted advice!

Called RCMP this morning. Agent on the line was super helpful and apologetic. Turns out nothing was wrong with my application, it was just that once they scanned in my background check from previous country of residence the person processing the application didn’t move it onto the next stage...anyway, told to check back in 3 weeks if there’s been no progress...
    Last edited by chunter1990; 12-10-2018 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Don’t know how to quote other reply...

Quote Originally Posted by ianch View Post
    Update:
    Called December 10th, 2018 - Got the usual answer with no progression (48 Business days, 70 days total)
    Mine took 63 days total here in Alberta as well. Im willing to bet yours gets issued this week.

Quote Originally Posted by First_timer View Post
    Alberta 2018

PAL course taken - 22nd Sept
    Mailed application - 27th Sept
    Application rec'd - 4th Oct
    Check deposited - 4th Nov
    Called RCMP - 19th Nov (they have evrything they need and at Prov. CFO)
    Called RCMP -3rd Dec (again told they have everything they need and at Prov CFO. Asked to be transfered, was told it's too early but they had to transfer the call if I requested, I did. Got connected to a nice lady at the Prov. CFO, she asked a few questions and issued my licence, to be mailed out later this week)

No References called, one check box ticked.

Now waiting on my physical card to put a dent in that CC.
    Card in hand - 10th Dec.

Good luck to all.
    F.... THIS LIBERAL WOKE SCUM.

Quote Originally Posted by First_timer View Post
    Card in hand - 10th Dec.

Good luck to all.
    Congrats!!!

There’s nothing quite as nice as watching every gun go on sale and sell out. And Canada being Canada knowing it’s foinf to be 6 months back order. While playing the endless waiting game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledoherty View Post
    There’s nothing quite as nice as watching every gun go on sale and sell out. And Canada being Canada knowing it’s foinf to be 6 months back order. While playing the endless waiting game.
    In my case the original rifle I wanted was discontinued!!! (Ruger SR-22 rifle)

Called RCMP today, so my timeline so far:

october 22th 2018 : application sent

october 25th 2018 : application received by rcmp

november 22th 2018 : application show up online

november 29th 2018 : call rcmp, told no informations are missing, and to call back "in a few weeks" if i dont receive my pal.

december 11th 2018 : call rcmp, told my application is in final process, with quebec cfo, shouldnt take too long at this point and to call back in two or three weeks if i dont have my pal.

Quote Originally Posted by vildric View Post
    Called RCMP today, so my timeline so far:

october 22th 2018 : application sent

october 25th 2018 : application received by rcmp

november 22th 2018 : application show up online

november 29th 2018 : call rcmp, told no informations are missing, and to call back "in a few weeks" if i dont receive my pal.

december 11th 2018 : call rcmp, told my application is in final process, with quebec cfo, shouldnt take too long at this point and to call back in two or three weeks if i dont have my pal.
    That's good to hear. I just talked to the staff at the CFO and they said they got my application, as well as my cfsc report that I've faxed to them (took about 16 days for them to get it) and that it might take a while to get approved due to it being hunting season, but I'm gonna call again soon to try and speed up the process. Now you and I are gonna have to hope to get approved before the holiday sales end lol