Page 256 of 688 FirstFirst ... 236246248249250251252253254255256257258259260261262263264266276 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 6872

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by CJerps View Post
    So I got a hold of the CFO today. They stated that my file is still under review. He stated that even if ive had run ins with the police, no matter how long ago, it would cause a "significant" delay in processing my application. The guy stated there is nothing I can do at this point except to wait because there are still files ahead of me to be processed. He said when they get to my file if they need anything they would reach out to me. Again, virtually the same answer I receive every time I call. Its so frustrating especially since I don't even have any criminal record.
    So basically the same thing I got told too.. unfortunately I have a minor record to go along with all the police contact too. So let's hope the Conservatives get in in October cause I see things taking longer yet if Bill c71 stays in place.
    Me vs. PaL wait times

The fact of the mater is, they are still using the “printer” excuse for the delays.

Quote Originally Posted by LWERD View Post
    The fact of the mater is, they are still using the “printer” excuse for the delays.
    Yeah, I called about 3 times in the past week or so and they`ve mentioned the printer issue (from months ago) as the current delay.. reassuring me that they are working weekends(printing) to catch up and I should expect my licence mailed within 3 weeks.. Ridiculous - especially since they have zero initiatives being made to give temp. licences or something of that nature in the meantime. Half of the rcmp employees I speak to seem like they dont care and are just regurgitating the same bs theyve been telling 100`s of people every week since this -printer malfunction-
    Si vis pacem parabellum

BC Application here.
    Received: 06-13-19
    Charged CC: 07-02-19
    License approved: 07-15-19

Waiting for the card now. No references called. No runins with blue guys in 6+ years and never charged with anything.

AB Application here.
    Received: 2019-05-31
    Charged CC: 2019-06-21
    License issued: 2019-07-10
    now waiting for card................

ON processing thus far:

App. Received: 2019-05-24
    Licence Issued: 2019-06-27
    Waiting for card to be printed (15 business days after issued and counting..)
    Si vis pacem parabellum

Same as BC licence issue 15 days ago, called yesterday still waiting to print.

Ontario RPAL timeline
    No boxes checked
    received: 17 may
    cc charged: 16 june
    I checked yesterday and it said the initial processing is complete and now it is in progress. I called the CFO 800 number this morning and a lovely lady told me that the file is with Ontario CFO and they are very busy so it might take some time to get it processed. I politely asked to be transferred them which she obliged however the ontario cfo line was busy so it disconnected my line. I then tried with the 7305 extension couple of times and it was busy always so I sent an email to the cfoon at cfp-pcaf dot ca address. I am not sure if it was a coincidence but I got a call from "Justice Ontario" after two hours to do verification and she said the license has been issued. I then checked the status online later today and it is saying it has been approved and contact us if you do not receive your card in 2 weeks.

Now, can I call them tomorrow to get my license number and order a firearm online or do I have to wait for the physical card?

Quote Originally Posted by dsa82 View Post
    Ontario RPAL timeline
    No boxes checked
    received: 17 may
    cc charged: 16 june
    I checked yesterday and it said the initial processing is complete and now it is in progress. I called the CFO 800 number this morning and a lovely lady told me that the file is with Ontario CFO and they are very busy so it might take some time to get it processed. I politely asked to be transferred them which she obliged however the ontario cfo line was busy so it disconnected my line. I then tried with the 7305 extension couple of times and it was busy always so I sent an email to the cfoon at cfp-pcaf dot ca address. I am not sure if it was a coincidence but I got a call from "Justice Ontario" after two hours to do verification and she said the license has been issued. I then checked the status online later today and it is saying it has been approved and contact us if you do not receive your card in 2 weeks.

Now, can I call them tomorrow to get my license number and order a firearm online or do I have to wait for the physical card?
    You don’t need your physical card to order ONLINE. Just call and request your number + Expiry date
    I bought my 2 restricted online before having my RPAL CARD... its been 5 weeks since purchase I got my Card but still no firearms... you should buy right now haha. Im in Quebec BTW and to received the card it took 10 business days
    Ladies, If your guy doesn't know how to shoot a gun. You Have A Girlfriend
    - CCFR and FQT Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJerps View Post
    Hey Guys,

Maybe someone can help me out. My application was received (according to the online pal status page) on Feb 20 2018. So its been roughly a year and a half now with still no license. I did the restricted course and the non restricted course. Everytime I would call to check on my application the person on the other end would tell that its still pending and they have nothing else they can tell me except to call back in one month. I call roughly every month and get the same answer every month. My paperwork was buttoned up tight. Could anyone provide any insight as to why it is taking so exceptionally long. And no, I don't have a criminal record, never been convicted of a crime, BUT have been charged in the past. also this was a BC application
    Any progress on your application?
    Me vs. PaL wait times