Page 333 of 689 FirstFirst ... 313323325326327328329330331332333334335336337338339340341343353 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 6886

Thread: PAL Wait Time

D SQUADRON

whether this goes anywhere, i am completely surprised by the events thus far.

to recap. Been waiting for 18months for first time RPAL. Many phone calls to BC CFO. Applied for freedom of info. CFO wont tell you anything except to call back in 4 weeks.
    Freedom of info says 30 days to get reply but now at almost 60.

today as a what can it hurt moment. I sent off a message to my NDP MP. I must say i am impressed and kind of shocked at how fast things moved.
    Email sent to MP at 1040 today

reply from said MP (Jenny Kwan) at 1058. Email said she had forwarded email to local staff.

At 1300 i get email from local staff. Attached was a consent form. Filled it out and emailed back.

amazing considering it is a NDP MP. I had sent same email for nearby Conservative MP a few months ago and did not even get a reply.
    Sent one last week to another closer Conservative MP and at least there i got an auto reply. Figured they may be able to help since i am a card carrying member of party.

Now to wait and see what happens next.

waiting for 18 months is just sad, something definitely went horribly wrong, probably human errors at play here. i mean the chance of a newbie spilled coffee on your application is higher than cfp just dragging on the process.
    i would resubmit the entire damn application again, and fill the amount to be charged with $0, that is if they already charged you, and explain your situation to them enclosed with the application, because at this point it maybe faster for you to start over again than to keep on waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Blintok57 View Post
    whether this goes anywhere, i am completely surprised by the events thus far.

to recap. Been waiting for 18months for first time RPAL. Many phone calls to BC CFO. Applied for freedom of info. CFO wont tell you anything except to call back in 4 weeks.
    Freedom of info says 30 days to get reply but now at almost 60.

today as a what can it hurt moment. I sent off a message to my NDP MP. I must say i am impressed and kind of shocked at how fast things moved.
    Email sent to MP at 1040 today

reply from said MP (Jenny Kwan) at 1058. Email said she had forwarded email to local staff.

At 1300 i get email from local staff. Attached was a consent form. Filled it out and emailed back.

amazing considering it is a NDP MP. I had sent same email for nearby Conservative MP a few months ago and did not even get a reply.
    Sent one last week to another closer Conservative MP and at least there i got an auto reply. Figured they may be able to help since i am a card carrying member of party.

Now to wait and see what happens next.
    Any history with the police?

They can see everything and will always try to use it against you.My RPAL took almost a year to process for an incident that happened 25 years go lol
    D SQUADRON

When the CFP does records check, do they have access to all? or do they have to have local police send them file? I am wondering about that as several years ago i got my local (Vancouver PD) record for an employment clearance.
    If the CFP gets file from VPD, i am wondering if they sent the correct record? Turns out there is someone with similar name to me in Vancouver. When i picked up the file for the clearance i was confused by several items on the record.
    When i questioned it the VPD quickly realized it was an error. Picked up the correct file next day, was blank as it should be.

I do have something on my CPIC tho, A theft charge from almost 40 years ago. (~1982)
    Cant see that having a major impact tho. I have read of someone here, coming off a 10y prohibition getting their PAL faster than me.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmaks View Post
    Any history with the police?

They can see everything and will always try to use it against you.My RPAL took almost a year to process for an incident that happened 25 years go lol
    When you say incident, were you charged and the charges dropped or are you talking a simple police report? Im also curious how far back they check. Do they just check from when you were 18+ or do they see minor/youth stuff too?

Quote Originally Posted by soheipp View Post
    When you say incident, were you charged and the charges dropped or are you talking a simple police report? Im also curious how far back they check. Do they just check from when you were 18+ or do they see minor/youth stuff too?
    With the new Bill C-71 implemented, there is no limitations to how far back they can look into your history.

Been waiting for 6 months since they received. Nice guy on the phone told me it is now with my provincial police so all that can be done is wait.

i have a question, when people talk about their application being processed under provincial police or local police department, do they always do that? like which police department do i belong if i moved city several times before, and i have my physical address and mailing address in 2 cities that are very far away, albeit in the same province. do they only check with the PD responsible for the address on my drivers license?

Application received May 26th

CC charged and viewable online September 12th

Website says issued October 1st