Page 492 of 691 FirstFirst ... 472482484485486487488489490491492493494495496497498499500502512 ... LastLast
Results 4,911 to 4,920 of 6901

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Update: Finally got through to the BC CFO today after calling for over a month. The nice lady immediately approved my application for me, my card will be in the mail in a few weeks. 6 months later...
    Dump the Turd 2024!!! Vote for Pierre!

Congrats
    Quote Originally Posted by rascal1 View Post
    Update: Finally got through to the BC CFO today after calling for over a month. The nice lady immediately approved my application for me, my card will be in the mail in a few weeks. 6 months later...

Quote Originally Posted by luckychingi View Post
    Did you get your PAL?

Someone on Reddit updated on Sept 15:

Just a quick reference for those who are waiting their PAL in Ontario. The CFO replied my email that they are processing applications back from March and April.
    Not yet. Still showing same status.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltech View Post
    Here's my recent Alberta PAL/RPAL timeline:

- 23.Aug 2021: Application received
    - 27.Aug 2021: New Firearm AB Ministry in effect with appointed PCFO
    - 9.Sep 2021: CC charged
    - 19.Sep 2021: 28 day holding period expires
    - 21.Sep 2021: Called provincial extension #9026 to check if anything is missing. Agent was located in NB. Agent stated the photo is in the scanning queue. Agent reviewed application and stated that after scanning the file is sent to provincial jurisdiction for final approval.

It appears the convenience/benefit of provincial CFO offices does not enter the picture until after photo scanning. I used a professional photographer. My impression is that no other information will be required before approval.

Time to cross fingers/toes and hope for the best. I guess this process causes an itchy trigger finger (outside the trigger guard, of course)!
    Good news! My RPAL has been approved!

My AB time line again below.
    - Courses taken Aug 14/15
    - RPAL registered mail Aug 17th
    - Received Aug 20th
    - Online access Sept 3, 2021
    - CC charged $83.40 Sept3, 2021
    - Called Sept 13, 2021. Picture being scanned
    - Called Sept 23, 2021. Picture scanned, Alberta CFO waiting for application to be downloaded to them.
    - Checked online Sept 26, status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued.

It took 36 days, amazing! Could be that we now have our own appointed provincial CFO.
    There is some hope! All the best!

(Picture taken at London Drugs, they had the template for PAL photos)
    Last edited by rich204; 09-26-2021 at 04:41 PM.

RPAL upgrade in Ontario:

Course taken mid-late august
    Mailed Sept. 3rd
    Delivered Sept 10th
    CC Charge + online status appeared Sept 27th

Called CFO and they are waiting for my stamped papers. Instructed me to fax it in and call 2 weeks after I fax it, by then they will have looked at it and put it in their system.

Quote Originally Posted by rich204 View Post
    Good news! My RPAL has been approved!

My AB time line again below.
    - Courses taken Aug 14/15
    - RPAL registered mail Aug 17th
    - Received Aug 20th
    - Online access Sept 3, 2021
    - CC charged $83.40 Sept3, 2021
    - Called Sept 13, 2021. Picture being scanned
    - Called Sept 23, 2021. Picture scanned, Alberta CFO waiting for application to be downloaded to them.
    - Checked online Sept 26, status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued.

It took 36 days, amazing! Could be that we now have our own appointed provincial CFO.
    There is some hope! All the best!

(Picture taken at London Drugs, they had the template for PAL photos)
    Wow that was fast! Congratulations! The CFP claims that the common timeline is 45 days.

They received your application on the Friday and mine on the following Monday. Let's see if there is pattern developing.

I read about Alberta's newly appointed PCFO through the "Fair Deal" initiative and she has been involved with the firearms community for many years and is an enthusiast.

There is hope...

Great news today! My license has been approved and it’s in the mail!

Here’s my time line.

Application received August 6th.
    Credit card charged August 20th
    Had to send in a $1.23
    Credit card charged September 8th
    License issued September 27th .

So almost 2 months total.

I expected much worse!

Quote Originally Posted by rascal1 View Post
    Congrats!

Wife and I both took the PAL/RPAL course in January, she was a previous PAL holder that had expired. She received hers in June, still waiting for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by igauravgupta View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am from Toronto and have applied since March 2021 for RPAL. I have not got anything yet.
    Please guide who to contact as I called on 1800-731-4000, they said that Final Review is pending. They can't do anything.

Here's my timeline.
    March 23 - Application Sent to RCMP
    March 26 - Application Received
    May 19 - Credit Card was Charged
    July - Present - Online Status "We have completed the initial review of your firearms licence application. If additional information is required, you will be contacted. Please check the status again at a later date."

Anyone can guide me on this. I will appreciate your help.
    Finally, checked my status today and it says: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program.

It took total 6 months in this process. Waiting for licence to be received in mail now.