Page 491 of 690 FirstFirst ... 471481483484485486487488489490491492493494495496497498499501511 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,910 of 6897

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyy View Post
    Do you {I} need a new photo? for a renewal?
    Yes but it can be digital if renewed online.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
    Yes but it can be digital if renewed online.
    If decide to print and mail it , it must be done on photographic paper

Quote Originally Posted by rich204 View Post
    AB timeline
    - Sent registered mail Aug 17, 2021
    - Application received Aug 20, 2021
    - Able to view online status and CC charged Sept 3, 2021
    Current Status: We have completed the initial review…….

I am surprised, 2 weeks from the date received and my CC was charged.
    Here's my recent Alberta PAL/RPAL timeline:

- 23.Aug 2021: Application received
    - 27.Aug 2021: New Firearm AB Ministry in effect with appointed PCFO
    - 9.Sep 2021: CC charged
    - 19.Sep 2021: 28 day holding period expires
    - 21.Sep 2021: Called provincial extension #9026 to check if anything is missing. Agent was located in NB. Agent stated the photo is in the scanning queue. Agent reviewed application and stated that after scanning the file is sent to provincial jurisdiction for final approval.

It appears the convenience/benefit of provincial CFO offices does not enter the picture until after photo scanning. I used a professional photographer. My impression is that no other information will be required before approval.

Time to cross fingers/toes and hope for the best. I guess this process causes an itchy trigger finger (outside the trigger guard, of course)!
    Last edited by Waltech; 09-24-2021 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltech View Post
    Here's my recent Alberta PAL/RPAL timeline:

- 23.Aug 2021: Application received
    - 27.Aug 2021: New Firearm AB Ministry in effect with appointed PCFO
    - 9.Sep 2021: CC charged
    - 19.Sep 2021: 28 day holding period expires
    - 21.Sep 2021: Called provincial extension #9026 to check if anything is missing. Agent was located in NB. Agent stated the photo is in the scanning queue. Agent reviewed application and stated that after scanning the file is sent to provincial jurisdiction for final approval. Agent added notes to my application that will recommend approval and issuance of license.

It appears the convenience/benefit of provincial CFO offices does not enter the picture until after photo scanning. I used a professional photographer. My impression is that no other information will be required before approval.

Time to cross fingers/toes and hope for the best. I guess this process causes an itchy trigger finger (outside the trigger guard, of course)!
    Thanks for the update. I called on Sept 13th and my photo was also being scanned. Not sure how long that’ll take. I’ll give it another couple weeks before calling in again.

My timeline for application for RPAL from Ontario:

3 Sept. 2021: Application Received
    20 Sept. 2021: CC Charged and Online status is visible as "Completed initial review'

Waiting for further update.

CGN Regular
    My wife has been waiting 9 months now. Ontario. Several phone calls, last one said it was with the provincial CFO, but unable to get any update info from Ontario CFO.

Quote Originally Posted by memaquay View Post
    My wife has been waiting 9 months now. Ontario. Several phone calls, last one said it was with the provincial CFO, but unable to get any update info from Ontario CFO.
    Same bud, been waiting since Feb and it's been with he CFO since May.

Quote Originally Posted by lightlysalteddinosaur View Post
    Same bud, been waiting since Feb and it's been with he CFO since May.
    Same here in BC. Been waiting since March 12. The only difference from my last renewal is my home address. It's an insidious plan to make this whole process so time consuming and frustrating, people will just give up on applying for and renewing PAL's. No one answers the phone at the BC CFO to update a person on their application. Brutal service.
    Dump the Turd 2024!!! Vote for Pierre!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePriest View Post
    My timeline for application for RPAL from Ontario:

3 Sept. 2021: Application Received
    20 Sept. 2021: CC Charged and Online status is visible as "Completed initial review'

Waiting for further update.
    Interestingly, we both share a 17 day window from the application being received and CC charge.

It feels like the process is normalizing itself. It is amazing how fully booked both safety courses were when I started to look at this in mid-July. If it were not for a late cancellation, I would have had to wait more than two weeks between the CFSC and CRFSC.

The interest in firearm licencing in my area is booming and would suggest longer timelines, not shorter as I am experiencing.

Did you get your PAL?

Someone on Reddit updated on Sept 15:

Just a quick reference for those who are waiting their PAL in Ontario. The CFO replied my email that they are processing applications back from March and April.

Quote Originally Posted by igauravgupta View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am from Toronto and have applied since March 2021 for RPAL. I have not got anything yet.
    Please guide who to contact as I called on 1800-731-4000, they said that Final Review is pending. They can't do anything.

Here's my timeline.
    March 23 - Application Sent to RCMP
    March 26 - Application Received
    May 19 - Credit Card was Charged
    July - Present - Online Status "We have completed the initial review of your firearms licence application. If additional information is required, you will be contacted. Please check the status again at a later date."

Anyone can guide me on this. I will appreciate your help.