Page 268 of 689 FirstFirst ... 248258260261262263264265266267268269270271272273274275276278288 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 6886

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Soon to be 7 months of waiting in Alberta
    Me vs. PaL wait times

Quote Originally Posted by Damgam74 View Post
    Soon to be 7 months of waiting in Alberta
    23 months in BC for me :D

Have you contacted your MP? I emailed mine on June 15th and never got a reply. I just emailed them again, hopefully will get a response. I also contacted the CCFR to see what their team suggests. They say that this is a national issue and one they will aim to resolve should a pro-gun government be elected. But they said all I can do is try to get in touch with my MP either through email or going directly to their office, and if that doesn't work, maybe look into taking legal action against the RCMP. I don't see what I would be taking them to court for, or if it's worth my time/money. But they said that's probably the only real option at this time.

I got a reply from the CCFR in response to asking what I would take the RCMP to court over and this is their response. Hopefully it helps anyone who's still waiting.

"The legal action would be an application called Mandamus, literally a court order to the RCMP to do their statutory duty/government function (in this case giving you a decision on your PAL application instead of continuing to sit on it). You would need an administrative law lawyer, or a senior civil litigator, in your jurisdiction for this. Hopefully an in-person visit to your MP’s office will be fruitful and you can avoid having to resort to legal measures. This is why we need an ombudsman for the CFP."

I'm new here. Been keeping an eye on this thread while I went through my application. Thought I'd post my timeline as well.
    Im in BC and I'm PR. (Belgian national) 3 years in the country, 6 months since PR status. So I had to provide references from my home country as well as police certificates

July 4th application sent
    July 8th application received
    July 23rd application online (being processed)
    August 1st received mail that my payment didn't go through. Called same day to repay and she bumped me to the next person (now "in progress" online)
    August 27th called in to see progress; lady said my application had been with cfo since early august
    September 14th approved

Quote Originally Posted by RYoung View Post
    I got a reply from the CCFR in response to asking what I would take the RCMP to court over and this is their response. Hopefully it helps anyone who's still waiting.

"The legal action would be an application called Mandamus, literally a court order to the RCMP to do their statutory duty/government function (in this case giving you a decision on your PAL application instead of continuing to sit on it). You would need an administrative law lawyer, or a senior civil litigator, in your jurisdiction for this. Hopefully an in-person visit to your MP’s office will be fruitful and you can avoid having to resort to legal measures. This is why we need an ombudsman for the CFP."
    Wow that sucks I was going to call again this week to the CFO and if not I'll try going to my local MP. Getting a lawyer involved would suck but I have the perfect guy . Just more money to be thrown at this. Honestly worth it tho to spite them in the end lol . But rifle season opened today and I'm still waiting. Hunting trip planned for months and they even know about it.
    Me vs. PaL wait times

Quote Originally Posted by Damgam74 View Post
    Wow that sucks I was going to call again this week to the CFO and if not I'll try going to my local MP. Getting a lawyer involved would suck but I have the perfect guy . Just more money to be thrown at this. Honestly worth it tho to spite them in the end lol . But rifle season opened today and I'm still waiting. Hunting trip planned for months and they even know about it.
    Right? I've already spent the money to take the exam, photo, postage, processing, and now I might have to pay a lawyer to tell the CFO to do their job?!?!?! That's ridiculous. My bosses go duck hunting every season, and I tagged with them a couple times last year. Such a blast! I'm hoping I'll be able to get in on it this year with my own gear, but it all comes down to the CFO saying yes or no.

Right? I've already spent the money to take the exam, photo, postage, processing, and now I might have to pay a lawyer to tell the CFO to do their job?!?!?! That's ridiculous. My bosses go duck hunting every season, and I tagged with them a couple times last year. Such a blast! I'm hoping I'll be able to get in on it this year with my own gear, but it all comes down to the CFO saying yes or no.
    Like wtf is the hold up? Read it and make a decision,
    Me vs. PaL wait times

This is valuable info thank you for sharing

Does anyone know if you can change your application from an RPAL to a PAL? PAL is the one I really want so I can hunt this season, but was advised to get both if I have any desire to get into handguns one day. I just wonder if my application is under more scrutiny because it is an RPAL, and if it is possible to change it to a PAL app.

Quote Originally Posted by Swantonbomb View Post
    Does anyone know if you can change your application from an RPAL to a PAL? PAL is the one I really want so I can hunt this season, but was advised to get both if I have any desire to get into handguns one day. I just wonder if my application is under more scrutiny because it is an RPAL, and if it is possible to change it to a PAL app.
    If anything it would probably just make everything worse. You are in the system so short of maybe bugging your MP there isn't much you can do. I think mine took 10 months over a ticked box and after all the waiting and hassle they didn't even call my references I just had a 2 minute call with the CFO and my license was in my mailbox a couple of days later. It's nice to have the RPAL anyway even if you don't plan on needing you never know and why go through all this hassle again down the road if you ever want it?