Page 461 of 691 FirstFirst ... 441451453454455456457458459460461462463464465466467468469471481 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,610 of 6901

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by Big-boss-man View Post
    This is such BS.

The way I understand it (and was basically told by the RCMP) is that once it completes 'initial processing' that means it is forwarded to the CFO to make the decision (which according to their website is 45 days but could be 90 days with the covid excuse), it is my understanding that the initial process is checking to ensure all T's are crossed and I's are dotted, plus payment has been made before forwarding to CFO for approval.

These wait times are getting retarded. I just wish there was something that could be done to hold their feet to the fire over this BS. I doubt that the ombudsman or my MP would get any better results than just waiting, but honestly I am getting fed up myself it has been almost 6 months for an upgrade, I got my pal approved in exactly 28 days when I first applied, and would've been sooner had it not been for the waiting period I am sure. Covid is a pretty lame excuse for 5x longer wait.
    I wouldn't write off what an Ombudsman can do. A few years ago we had a slowdown in Ontario where private transfers were taking 2-3 months MIN. I was almost at the 4 month mark (3 pistols, 1 AR) and finally had enough. I called the Ombudsman and filed a complaint. Maybe 2-3 days later he called me back and we discussed the issue. Later on the day he called and said everything has been transferred.
    Id Rather Be Judged By 12 Than Carried By 6

Quote Originally Posted by christop View Post
    hello
    since i have been tracking everyone else for my timeline, figured I should share my info

sent from BC Dec 14
    application received Dec 31
    updated April 16, verified
    CC charged April 16.

Question, card was charged 80 bucks, and I applied for my non/and restricted.... I had in my mind for the 2 it was 150.00.

does anyone remember what the cost of the two are?

Thanks
    update.. My info went to CFO on the 16th and it was approved on the 21st, in the mail...... nooooice

Quote Originally Posted by TechnologyReady View Post
    Has anybody heard that the RCMP will no longer give you your PAL number over the phone after issuing a new license? I saw one person claim this, not sure if it's a new policy, or somebody just having a bad day.
    100% false. In fact, my RPAL was issued on Monday (4 days ago); I called them on Tuesday to know my RPAL number, and they gave it to me without any problem.

update.. My info went to CFO on the 16th and it was approved on the 21st, in the mail...... nooooice
    I applied for both as well and was charged $80 yesterday. Is this the normal charge for moth res and non?

Ontario (GTA) RPAL Applicant

2020-Oct-31: CFSC Completed
    2020-Nov-01: CRFSC Completed
    2020-Dec-15: Course paperwork received by mail from FSESO
    2020-Dec-29: Application mailed via XpressPost (Registered Mail)
    2021-Jan-04: Application Received at Miramichi, NB (as per Canada Post website)
    2021-Apr-20: CC charged. Application visible online and “in process”.
    2021-Apr-23: Application processed and licence issued.

There’s still hope. Now to call and get the number!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay1608 View Post
    I applied for both as well and was charged $80 yesterday. Is this the normal charge for moth res and non?
    hi, ya 80 bucks was all I got charged for both

At last, license in hand guys...
    Good luck to you guys and your applications will get approved soon..
    Going to grab a benelli lupo and benelli 828 U tomorrow ������

Quote Originally Posted by SNIPer 43 View Post
    At last, license in hand guys...
    Good luck to you guys and your applications will get approved soon..
    Going to grab a benelli lupo and benelli 828 U tomorrow ������
    Congrats!! I checked today and nothing! Called and got my number though.

OK, SNIPer you were 13 days to get the card? But RNR nothing yet... Hmmm. I'm right in that range. Hopefully by end of next week. I've actually had *no* mail, nothing, for two days. Which seems odd to me.

I tried to order from one store, but they won't ship until I sent them a copy of my card. They say it's in illegal to be in possession of ammo before I have my card in hand. Which two issues with that:

1) I really question that card in hand thing.
    2) Is it actually OK to send out scans of your card? That sounds like a bad idea.

hi, ya 80 bucks was all I got charged for both
    Is this a covid special?😂