Page 289 of 691 FirstFirst ... 269279281282283284285286287288289290291292293294295296297299309 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 6901

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by techiedude View Post
    Applied PAL and RPAL, popped up online 8/2/2019, approved Feb 5 2020. Simply said they were busy, no call nothing, no boxes checked. Will point out, it was assigned to someone who hadn't looked at it, called in one day and got this guy who said "call this or that extension", I did,the second extension picked up, the guy said he'd take it over and to give him a week, 5 days later i noticed in the system it was approved. Ontario here.
    Wow...

RPAL upgrade only - took 17 days from date application was delivered by CanPost to card arriving

Mailed (registered mail) Jan 28/20 and received in Miramichi on Feb 3
    Feb 11 - credit card charged. Online status indicated completed initial processing
    Feb 15 - application approved and license issued.
    Feb 20 - card arrived in mail today

Whether it mattered or not, I first got my FAC in the early 90s, which then converted to a POL b/c I didn't have an approved firearms course, which then converted to a PAL. Took the non-restricted course in Dec 2017 and finally got around to the restricted in Dec 2019.
    Last edited by Dogastrophe; 02-20-2020 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Updated progress

RPAL Application rec’d in Miramichi on Jan 20
    Credit card charged on Jan 29

Feb 17 (28 days after receipt)- Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)

Feb 24. RPAL arrives in mail. 35 days total.

This is in Alberta.
    Last edited by Smokeman; 02-24-2020 at 08:58 PM.

12 months,
    Me vs. PaL wait times

Application Received on: 2019-12-12

Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)

Finally....

If I call in think I'll get my PAL #?

Update: I did call I'm and was given the # after confirming personal info.... Yassss!
    Last edited by Mraminal; 02-19-2020 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damgam74 View Post
    12 months,
    possibly i missed the original question but what does "12 months" mean?
    You got license in 12 months?
    You are still waiting at 12 months for license to be issued?

I am approaching that milestone. On March 09 it will be 1 year since i took PAL course and March 16 is 12 months since RPAL course.
    Finally on March 21 it will be 12 months since the completed application was received in Miramichi.

I am in Quebec , every time I call them , they told me to many application , they are proccesing application submited September 2019 .Mine December 2019 . does anyone know How long I still wait ? and I love handguns , will thry ban the handguns ? I am afraid of it happen .

Just curious about something.

Called the 1-800-731- 4000 # and then the ext for BC CFO
    Took like 2 seconds for a person named "Kim" answered.

Told her i am calling to check status as it has been almost a year now.
    She looked over my file and said something like, hmmmm ok...... It is with a CFO now. Let me put you on hold for a minute and i will inform them that you called. (first time they did that - last time they just said it was with the CFO and that he is going over the letter i included with my app)

To my thinking that "hmmm ok" meant that i am in final stages. I was hoping that her putting me on hold would connect me to a CFO to maybe do interview.
    But she came back to say they have been informed that i have called and if i do not hear anything for 4-6 weeks to call back.

I have only called them 4 times. Once in April 2019 when file appeared online. Then 3 times to check status. (July 2019. November 2019 and today)
    Maybe i should have called more often? Wondering if they put the file in a "holding pattern". If the person does not call in they hope the person just forgets about it
    But by calling in it shows them that this applicant is still wanting a (R)PAL

I do check online status weekly and before i call incase status was changed to issued. Will definately be calling them every 4 weeks from today onward.

getting discouraged here waiting for my PAL/RPAL..

Application Received on:#2019-04-15

Current Status:#Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

this is unacceptable, ive been very patient and polite with calling the main number every month but they just give me the same answer and tell me to call back in 4-6 weeks, ive done that for like a year now. think im going to contact a local conservative member of parliament and see if they can help my application.#

if there was a problem with my application form would the CFO not contact me? the fact that others are getting approved within less than 2 months doesnt give me hope

Quote Originally Posted by addy00 View Post
    getting discouraged here waiting for my PAL/RPAL..

Application Received on:#2019-04-15

Current Status:#Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

this is unacceptable, ive been very patient and polite with calling the main number every month but they just give me the same answer and tell me to call back in 4-6 weeks, ive done that for like a year now. think im going to contact a local conservative member of parliament and see if they can help my application.#

if there was a problem with my application form would the CFO not contact me? the fact that others are getting approved within less than 2 months doesnt give me hope
    I know the feeling. The website says my application was recieved in August of 2018. Every time I call, I get "It's with the CFO, they just need a little bit more time." I've given up hope on it.

This is in BC.