Page 583 of 690 FirstFirst ... 563573575576577578579580581582583584585586587588589590591593603 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,830 of 6898

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by Aadvisor1 View Post
    Ontario CFO are funny people

Ontario RPAL Timeline Application received: April 19, 2022

CC charged and initial review completed: July 19, 2022

Contact with CFO: On September 11, spoke with the CFO team at TACCOM. Gentleman was kind enough to review my file there for errors. he had confirmed that everything on application had gone through and it was only waiting to be assigned to an officer. He mentioned that he will review the application himself next working day.

Application Approved: September 12, 2022.

Card received: September 24,2022
    what phone number you called in Ontario?

15 weeks from the day I sent the application (June 2022) until it arrived. Now here’s where it gets strange… a week or so later, another licence arrived. Identical in every way except for 0002 at the end of my number as opposed to 0001 on the first one I received. Any idea why I got 2?
    Last edited by Wyldstallions; 10-16-2022 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyldstallions View Post
    15 weeks from the day I sent the application (June 2022) until it arrived. Now here’s where it gets strange… a week or so later, another licence arrived. Identical in every way except for 0002 at the end of my number as opposed to 0001 on the first one I received. Any idea why I got 2?
    did you buy a restricted firearm? cause i believe they send you a new one that says "pal/rpal with att" after you buy your first restricted.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackforestham View Post
    did you buy a restricted firearm? cause i believe they send you a new one that says "pal/rpal with att" after you buy your first restricted.
    oh that's interesting, does that only happen after the first restricted purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by jaraxel View Post
    oh that's interesting, does that only happen after the first restricted purchase?
    from what i remember its only after the first purchase. i COULD be remembering it incorrectly but i believe thats what happens.

Pal + PALR, Ontario
    Application mailed 13JUL
    CC Charged & Initial Review Completed 26SEP
    Issued 4OCT
    Number confirmed by CFO-Ontario 13OCT (After 3 days of calling, 53 dials and 1hr8min on hold)

Applied online renewal June 22. Nothing yet. Checked online and still the same message that initial review has taken place. Have called at least 2 doz. Times to see if everything is good with same recording and hangs up. Now birthday has come and gone Mid Oct and still nothing. What can i do? Hunting season is upon us and i thought i applied for the renewal with lots of time to spare. Any suggestions from the group? Forgot to mention i tried to call the Alberta CFO office but apparently they dont take phone calls.
    Last edited by scottbrechin@shaw.ca; 10-18-2022 at 12:22 AM.
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Scott/Desktop/FqX7oFI.gif[/IMG]

I emailed a question on September 13th and received a response yesterday (October 17th). 35 days for a response, in case anyone is counting. I was surprised I got a reply at all to be honest (and I had long since answered my own question).

I tried calling today to check on the status of my renewal - and it didn't even put me on hold. Before you get excited, it just said "we're getting too many calls and can't take yours right now" (paraphrased) and hung up on me. Is that better or worse than what it did before - which was make me wait a half hour or so and then hang up without warning?

Quote Originally Posted by m3conversion View Post
    I emailed a question on September 13th and received a response yesterday (October 17th). 35 days for a response, in case anyone is counting. I was surprised I got a reply at all to be honest (and I had long since answered my own question).

I tried calling today to check on the status of my renewal - and it didn't even put me on hold. Before you get excited, it just said "we're getting too many calls and can't take yours right now" (paraphrased) and hung up on me. Is that better or worse than what it did before - which was make me wait a half hour or so and then hang up without warning?
    You would think with how flush the government is with our tax dollars, they would be able to implement at the bare minimum a voicemail system (which of course at this volume would be flooded) or a callback system - many companies have this - they call you back when it's your turn in the queue. I suppose being hung up immediately is better than waiting a period of time before it happens, but probably not better by much.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Quote Originally Posted by Electro204 View Post
    Does anyone know the extension for the MB CFO? I see some people were mentioning the BC extension a few pages back.

Currently waiting on a renewal from February 13... with my page still saying "pending"
    After calling nearly once a day since the beginning of August, I finally got through to a very pleasant gentleman.
    Long story short, nothing they can do about wait times. Says my license is still in the pile and is pending, even though payment was taken on February 13.

He also mentioned that they are seeing between 800-1000 PAL applications per day...

For anyone else wondering what the extension is for the MB CFO, it's ext.8004