Page 688 of 688 FirstFirst ... 668678680681682683684685686687688
Results 6,871 to 6,872 of 6872

Thread: PAL Wait Time

I recently got mine, it took around 40 days for approval and 5 days in the mail. Also Ontario.

Quote Originally Posted by Declared Bishop View Post
    So I just caught #### from the general 4000 telephone number...

Timeline:
    Applied online December 28th 2023
    Signatories signed off on December 31st
    Called in to check the status end of January and was told that there was a 28 day minimum waiting time for new applications and to call back at the 45-day mark
    Called in again on the 45-day mark, told no update, and to call back after 60 days
    Called in today, and was given #### for calling so much. I explained the timelines that I was given during previous calls and that my daughter and I were just excited to get our licences and start our journey together. She got pissy and told no update, and that because of the super high amount of applicants, it is taking longer than normal. I asked if there was a backlog then and she told me no, but that there was a high amount of new applicants which was causing delays. When I said that what she was describing sounds like the definition of a backlog, and she hung up on me.

I want to be crystal clear, I kept everything about the call casual, no increasing voice, no tone changes, no profanity, no nothing.

I don't mind being patient, and I am totally willing to be. I am just confused by all the conflicting information about the process provided by this call centre.

Tempted to file a complaint, but I don't want to jeopardize our application approval.
    Well, damn!

Much better experience today. Called the general 4000 line today and spoke with a guy who was super nice. He didn't really have any updates for me except that an officer had been assigned to my application, but didn't know for how long.

He ended up transfering me to the AB CFO, and I got another super nice lady. We spoke with a few mins, and she pulled up my application. talked for a another few mins about how I started up my own company after getting laid off, and she approved my licence right there on the phone! Should have it shortly!

Kinda neat, I know my PAL number now, and expiration date. Can't do anything though until I have the physical card which is kinda a bummer lol