Page 265 of 689 FirstFirst ... 245255257258259260261262263264265266267268269270271272273275285 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 6886

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by Vapour Trails View Post
    I took the non-restricted course in early May.

Received: May 28
    Cheque cashed: Sometime in June
    August 13: In progress

I have a squeaky clean past, married for almost 10 years. What a ridiculous process.

I'm holding a firearm as an executor of my father's will in order to give it to myself as beneficiary of the will. The law says I can hold the firearm as executor for "a reasonable period of time". What am I supposed to do about the unreasonable wait?
    Update:
    I called the CFO of Manitoba's office today. After verifying my info, the person said that applications are processed in the order received, but they could check if they had all the required information. After checking, they told me they had everything they needed and that my license was approved, apparently on the spot.

Sure enough I checked my status online and it now approved and will be mailed shortly.

So absolutely call your local office if you are experiencing a delay, it seems to get things moving quickly.

Hi all - I'm new to the forum, so thought I'd start tracking my PAL wait time as an introduction. Growing up in a hunting family, I did my non-restricted course in 1999 when I was 12 years old. Despite this, I've never submitted my PAL application. Between university, starting a career / family and pursuing a masters degree, I didn't have much time for hobbies outside of my profession. Now, 20 years later, I'm finally looking to purchase a firearm. I really didn't realize the application process would take more than the 28 days referenced on the application package, but after reading this thread, it sounds like it may take much longer.

CFSC (Non-Restricted) - 11/04/1999
    Application Delivered to Miramichi - 08/14/2019

In BC renewing my R-PAL

July 16th - Submitted my renewal electronically
    August 2nd - Received Letter asking for me to state my purpose of having Restricted firearms (target shooting) and to submit your range membership
    August 7th - Called CFO to and asked if I could email my proof of membership instead. Proof of membership emailed
    August 12th - Status online indicated that licence was issued and in the mail.
    August 19th - Received card in mail.

Quote Originally Posted by v33 View Post
    Ontario Spring RPAL Application

Completed courses and sent application in early March with it arriving in NB 3 days later.
    Showed up online in 30 calendar days.
    14 days to process, arrived 3 days later.
    So about 50 days from them receiving it to get the card in my hands.
    I WISH! its been three and a half months since they recieved my application for the standard Pal..WHEN is it going to get here??

Helloes! New member here. I've been through dozens of pages of this thread and found it very insightful, as I am waiting for my RPAL myself. I thought I might contribute as well.

I'm in Montreal, Quebec, and I took all my lessons early this year. I sent my RPAL application as soon as I had all the paperwork ready along with my results.
    April 18 - Marked as Received.
    May 14 - Payment appears on my credit card and status changes to "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date."
    August 22 - After reading this thread, I decided to send a polite email to the CFO (which actually is the Sûreté du Québec here).

I did not check any box, I do not have any criminal record and can't think of anything that could show up to flag or slow down my application.

I find it unpleasantly long, especially since I know some of you guys, even in Quebec, started the whole process after me and received your card weeks or months ago.

Hoping for an answer. If I don't hear from the CFO by email, I'll call some time next week and will post any update here.

Great forum, by the way! Cheers! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Mach3tt3 View Post
    First time application, no criminal records, no police encounter, no box checked; province of Quebec.
    EDIT: RPAL *

2019-05-08: received at Miramichi
    2019-05-31: shows up online "in progress"
    2019-06-03: (later confirmed via telephone) transferred to QC’s CFO for final verification
    2019-06-21: (telephone) Quebec’s CFO say they have my demand, that it has been transferred by the RCMP around June 3rd and that they are handling applications received in February (!)
    2019-07-16: (e-mail) Quebec’s CFO say they are experiencing a high volume of new applications and therefore, to follow-up again in 30 days if I don't have my licence
    Update 2019-08-16: sent an e-mail to follow-up. CFO guy says he will transfer my file to those conducting interviews. I was called the same day, but missed it.
    2019-08-21: all interviews completed and RPAL was approved over the phone and got my # by e-mail as well!

Total time from reception at Miramichi to RPAL approval: 105 days (Quebec)

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotoxic View Post
    Helloes! New member here. I've been through dozens of pages of this thread and found it very insightful, as I am waiting for my RPAL myself. I thought I might contribute as well.

I'm in Montreal, Quebec, and I took all my lessons early this year. I sent my RPAL application as soon as I had all the paperwork ready along with my results.
    April 18 - Marked as Received.
    May 14 - Payment appears on my credit card and status changes to "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date."
    August 22 - After reading this thread, I decided to send a polite email to the CFO (which actually is the Sûreté du Québec here).

I did not check any box, I do not have any criminal record and can't think of anything that could show up to flag or slow down my application.

I find it unpleasantly long, especially since I know some of you guys, even in Quebec, started the whole process after me and received your card weeks or months ago.

Hoping for an answer. If I don't hear from the CFO by email, I'll call some time next week and will post any update here.

Great forum, by the way! Cheers! :D
    Miramichi received my RPAL application the 17April and it is not approved yet. I openned a claim with Québec Ombudsman. When i called Québec CFO they told me they were processing first come first serve but It look like It is BS.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Mine took 3 1/2 weeks. No restricteds at the moment though.
    Semper Fi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Six weeks for renewal here. Pleasent process other than paying fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntled View Post
    Miramichi received my RPAL application the 17April and it is not approved yet. I openned a claim with Québec Ombudsman. When i called Québec CFO they told me they were processing first come first serve but It look like It is BS.
    Thanks for the info! Either it's BS, or they're just not receiving them in the right order form RCMP...