Page 472 of 688 FirstFirst ... 452462464465466467468469470471472473474475476477478479480482492 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,720 of 6872

Thread: PAL Wait Time

The root of all evil, near Ottawa Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by skrrepair View Post
    CFO informed me even tho they gave me the pal number i cant buy anything until i recieve my card?? lol so not im hesitant to place an online order haha
    I ordered my stuff without having received my card. Just make sure you get the FULL number (mine had .0001 after the main number - I suspect all new PAL guys get that). And get the expirery date.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-boss-man View Post
    Final update Alberta Rpal upgrade

Application received: Oct 28
    Note stating I have been or will be contacted for missing information Feb 24 (paid by money order so this would've been the day they charged CC)
    short cash, (the upgrade is 50% the license cost if you apply within 3 years) paid fully Feb 25
    email letter April 27 need clarification missing information please call -had checked the laid off box wrote a note that it was due to Covid and seasonal nature of my job-
    called in at noon she asked about my checked box, wanted to know it the situation had caused "un due hardship" explained that I work construction in summer and oil field in winter but due to covid sh!t show I didn't work last summer, but was back in the oil field in October/November, and am currently doing construction again after later march layoff. No hardships because I make good money and had the CERB to help last year.
    approved.
    No references called that I know of.
    Approved April 27
    Card arrived May 7

BC Applicant
    Received Jan 28th 2021
    CC Charged/Initial processing April 28th 2021
    License Issued May 7th 2021

Already called for my number and purchased my first firearm!

Licence shows issued. Almost inclined to call and get number so I can get a range membership but also willing to wait for card in hand to buy membership in person with card in hand. I can also do some online shopping but would rather buy the first firearm in person and have it in my hand same day rather than wait for it to arrive in mail. So I think I will wait for the card to arrive.

Well i do not get why someone needs to order before getting card. You have waited many months to get approved. Another week to get card is nothing.

That said, i did order a Mossberg shotgun before i got card, Mainly because they were hard to find and i wanted to put it on hold. The online store let me order online without PAL #
    Once i got the card and # i let the store know and it was shipped.

I waited over 19 months to get RPAL. Another week to wait for card was easy. (card issued Oct 29 2020 - Card in hand a week later Nov 06 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Blintok57 View Post
    Well i do not get why someone needs to order before getting card. You have waited many months to get approved. Another week to get card is nothing.

That said, i did order a Mossberg shotgun before i got card, Mainly because they were hard to find and i wanted to put it on hold. The online store let me order online without PAL #

I waited over 19 months to get RPAL. Another week to wait for card was easy. (card issued Oct 29 2020 - Card in hand a week later Nov 06 2020)
    You just answered your own question lol. Also there are sales and promotions that might expire before you get your card.

There was a rifle I wanted, in the caliber I wanted on sale for a couple hundred $$ off on cabelas site. After I ordered I checked to see it online and noticed it said out of stock, no longer available. So i happened to get the last one in Canada for a great price. Glad I didn’t wait for my card!

WOW. Over 19 months. That’s insane. Better late than never I suppose!

course taken back in 2014
    mailed out Feb 25th 2021
    received March 1st
    card charged and online May 10th
    Last edited by CdnDeadman; 05-19-2021 at 08:46 PM.

Jumped through all the hoops the BC CFO has requested including having my doctor fill out and sign a medical request. I emailed the CFO about a week ago to confirm that he received it and if everything was done properly and still no response

I want to give him a call and ask wtf is going on but I'm so close and trying not to piss him off I guess so I haven't bothered yet