Page 638 of 690 FirstFirst ... 618628630631632633634635636637638639640641642643644645646648658 ... LastLast
Results 6,371 to 6,380 of 6900

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by skatekr89 View Post
    Alright well that's good news. My dates are all about a month after yours so hopefully my applications gets processed in the next few weeks.

Man, I can't tell you how many dozens of times I call per day. Dialing CFP number/extensions has been embedded in my muscle memory haha.

On another note, a bit of good news. Government has withdrawn its controversial amendments to C-21. I can be a little bit more patient now with my application.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ott...ents-1.6735828
    When I call the CFO (1-800-731-4000), choose "1" for English, and then "5" for all other inquires. I get through every time, if you call between 9am-3pm EST. Wait times have varied from 5min to 1hr.

Let me know how it works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DerScharfSchutze View Post
    I will provide a final update soon, called the CFO, and my PAL is "in the mail". Application approved Dec 8,2022.
    Nice!!!!!

Application submitted June 26, approved December 18, card arrived February 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by R67 View Post
    Application submitted June 26, approved December 18, card arrived February 1st.
    Awesome! Congrats.

Nice, that was "fast".

I took the course mid Feb 2022
    Application received at March 21 2022
    It's in the CFO ON

Until now, no updates

When I spoke with them last week to ensure that my mailing address was correct (our rural area has some issues) - the person on the phone indicated that they did have some printing hardware issues during December but that it should be finished processing and on its way to me this week or possibly the next.
    So it gets closer thankfully and she also confirmed that it will be the new type of card with security enhancements. (chipped)

Made an error on my RPAL application (didnt write my name on the back of the photo)

Submitted March 2022, letter from RCMP asking me to fix application arrived December 30th, Approved Jan 31st. Waiting for the new card now. When I submitted the application my intention was to buy a hand gun. Oh well

I got approved on the phone on Dec 8, just received the card in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by deric View Post
    I got approved on the phone on Dec 8, just received the card in the mail.
    SAME :D

From BC: I HAVE BEEN APPROVED AFTER 11 MONTHS OR SO
    Sent First Monday of may 2022
    Received 2022-03-04
    CC charged on May 28 2022
    Approved sometime this past week or today

Can’t really find the approved date i did check and call last week and online was saying the generic message we have completed the initial review we will call you if needed blah blah same with the lady i spoke to.
    Checked today: Feb 6 2023 to my surprise it said your app has been processed and your license has been issued and call if not received within 2 weeks.
    NO references were contacted or any other info I provided to back up the addiction i had quit and my family doc wrote otw he doesn’t think i have issues to own a firearm and am stable plus my addiction doc wrote the same thing for me. please if u would like check below why i thought I wouldn’t get approved. I thought they would contact my references for sure regarding my life but nope. Below is kind of a explanation on why i didn’t think i would be approved

Also i called last week and probably sometime on December to see what’s going got no answer Except its with a officer for review.
    If i had any tips to give out don’t bother them to much maybe once a month minimum, also i did not have a lot of hope that I would be approved because of an addiction I had, and a lot of run-ins with the police never been charged and no violence, but I used to get pulled over at least once a week for 3-4 years. There’s many reasons like this that I was worried I wouldn’t get approved but now we’re sitting here and I’m approved and I’m very very happy and thank God I never got into serious trouble.

I know some people here might be worried to tell there issues but if i can get approved almost anyone can Just tell them the truth and I told the truth and attached doctors notes its possible it helped. It can take for ever to be approved. Specially, in my situation. I was thinking another year, so hang in there tight you all will get your turns and be approved around the one-year mark I would start getting worried a little bit. But don’t even bother calling first 6-9 months.

Finally thanks to all the members of the site and all info this site has provided me. Keep your spirits up if you have no charges and nothing major you guys will be approved hang in there and good luck to everyone. I feel very lucky this forum helped a lot.

i have 10 friends who applied same time only 3 got their pal the rest are waiting and their clean people no tickets so the timelines are way off once it shows received online wait 6 months before you call.

AGAIN THANK YOU EVERYONE AND THIS FORUM FOR ALL THE INFO.

Test