Page 273 of 689 FirstFirst ... 253263265266267268269270271272273274275276277278279280281283293 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 6884

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by wesley.bc View Post
    I was born outside of Canada (I am a citizen now, have been for over 10 years now) and got approved in 28 days. I also have a few friends that were born outside of Canada but were approved within 45 days.
    So I don't think it's a deciding factor, it's gotta be something else.
    10-17-2019, 08:46 PM #2720
    Feedback Score
    Thanks wesley.bc. I’m in Ontario and don’t understand. my nephew and I took course and applied same time but he had missing info on his application, so I understand why he hasn’t rec’d his. Had no for all my responses on application I have no criminal record, no trouble with police, been widowed for 7 years. Just doesn’t make sense. It was discouraging when I talked to them, I understand they are prob busy but she couldn’t get me off phone fast enough, going to call again next week, hope I don’t get the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishinmusician63 View Post
    Thanks wesley.bc. I’m in Ontario and don’t understand. my nephew and I took course and applied same time but he had missing info on his application, so I understand why he hasn’t rec’d his. Had no for all my responses on application I have no criminal record, no trouble with police, been widowed for 7 years. Just doesn’t make sense. It was discouraging when I talked to them, I understand they are prob busy but she couldn’t get me off phone fast enough, going to call again next week, hope I don’t get the same person.
    From what I gather on this thread, it helps to consistently call in and ask for an update, politely of course, wouldn't want to piss off the wrong person haha
    Maybe try your CFO, might be something as simple as an interview that's prolonging it. Best of luck to you.

From what I gather on this thread, it helps to consistently call in and ask for an update, politely of course, wouldn't want to piss off the wrong person haha
    Maybe try your CFO, might be something as simple as an interview that's prolonging it. Best of luck to you.
    I called in a few weeks ago as scheduled to have a note sent to the CFO informing them I called. I called again 2 weeks later. The woman who answered the phone seemed very unimpressed and sounded like I just ruined her day and told me I don't have to call and if the CFO needs any more information from me, they will contact me. To my surprise, I got a phone call yesterday from an "unknown" number. Couldn't answer because I was at work. Got home, and it was the CFO. Said they wanted to talk to me. Called them today. They wanted to know some of my history. Answered all their questions, they said they need to review what we discussed and maybe contact my references if they feel it's necessary and hopefully have a decision soon :D Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by RYoung View Post
    I called in a few weeks ago as scheduled to have a note sent to the CFO informing them I called. I called again 2 weeks later. The woman who answered the phone seemed very unimpressed and sounded like I just ruined her day and told me I don't have to call and if the CFO needs any more information from me, they will contact me. To my surprise, I got a phone call yesterday from an "unknown" number. Couldn't answer because I was at work. Got home, and it was the CFO. Said they wanted to talk to me. Called them today. They wanted to know some of my history. Answered all their questions, they said they need to review what we discussed and maybe contact my references if they feel it's necessary and hopefully have a decision soon :D Fingers crossed.
    Sounds like you're making some progress, good luck!

Sounds like you're making some progress, good luck!
    Yea, only took them 735 days from when they received my application to call me. I'm glad they're screening applicants, but there has to be rules set in place like, they have to call you after 6 months to give you an update, instead of you calling them repeatedly, taking time out of your day to sit on hold only to be given a vague answer that doesn't answer your questions, or something to that effect.

Thanks for the luck. I'm hoping I won't need it, but at the rate my experience has gone, I might need all the luck I can muster.

28 days

UPDATE: Sent in my application a few weeks ago. Always wanted to get my PAL/RPAL and finally went for it after hearing Trudeau's plan to further restrict gun ownership.
    Triple checked all documents and fields, nothing missing.
    Application was very straight forward. No boxes checked. Never had any trouble with the law. No conjugal partner.

Timeline:

Sep 7th: CFSC (Passed 96% written, 100% practical)
    Sep 8th: CRFSC (Passed 98% written, 100% practical)
    Sep 9th: Mailed (Regular)
    Sep 13th: Received at Miramichi (Found this out after it appeared online) - (DAY 1)
    Oct 1st: Credit card charged $80 by RCMP & application showed online with the message "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date." (DAY 21)
    Oct 10th: "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)" (DAY 27) - Checked at 10pm PST - would be 28 days going by ADT

I consider myself lucky considering some of the horrendous wait times I have seen in this forum.
    Time to wait for the mail then go shopping

No references contacted. First time applicant.
    Province: BC
    FINAL UPDATE:

October 21st: Got license in the mail (DAY 38) - (10 days after being issued.)

It is election day and I am sad to see Trudeau win another term, even as a minority government. Guess we'll wait and see how things go. Time to buy an SKS before he bans everything.

Final update: From issued to card on hand

License issued: Oct. 16, 2019
    Received in mail: Oct. 22, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by RYoung View Post
    Yea, only took them 735 days from when they received my application to call me. I'm glad they're screening applicants, but there has to be rules set in place like, they have to call you after 6 months to give you an update, instead of you calling them repeatedly, taking time out of your day to sit on hold only to be given a vague answer that doesn't answer your questions, or something to that effect.

Thanks for the luck. I'm hoping I won't need it, but at the rate my experience has gone, I might need all the luck I can muster.
    Great news for you on the progress. I'm still waiting but there is clearly hope after all .
    Me vs. PaL wait times

Quote Originally Posted by Trucksrfun View Post
    From the other forums I have read, it appears there is 3 stages of possible review. 1st stage is preliminary and anyone that’s dotted their I’s and crossed their T’s and have no red flags come up on their checks get approved at this stage... In BC it appears to be about 45-60 days. Stage 2 is where something questionable has come up that needs reviewing. Odd posts on Facebook (yes they can look) and other social media/public forums, etc. After review these approvals from what I’ve seen take 6-9 months. Then there’s stage 3. This is where investigation is needed.
    This was also insightful, I'm in the heavy stage 2 phase lol we shall see where it goes
    Me vs. PaL wait times

Quote Originally Posted by Damgam74 View Post
    This was also insightful, I'm in the heavy stage 2 phase lol we shall see where it goes
    I have heard from friends that it is possible to get your PAL/RPAL with a criminal record. Even having weapons charges or a history of violence doesn't completely eliminate your chance of owning firearms. Obviously if you have a lifetime weapons ban, that's a different story. But, as I'm sure everyone here knows, each applicant is unique with their own unique history and reasoning for applying. So don't give up hope. I was also in the stage 2 which probably morphed into a stage 3, since I had a peace bond issued, which I did disclose, but they probably turned it into an investigation to figure out why I had a peace bond, doublechecked their homework, then called me. I just hope they don't need to break our conversation down word by word, tone by tone and bring in analysts and pick it apart over the next 2 years. But, I have their number now, they told me to call them if I have any questions, and in the meantime, they'll review our talk, contact my references if they feel it's necessary, then hopefully have an answer. I just hope it's before duck season ends.

Anywho, best of luck. Don't loose hope. I'm sure they are swamped and they are looking at your application, but if it still says it's under review, and you call in and the call center rep says the CFO is reviewing it, then it hasn't been rejected, and they're working on it. Fingers crossed you get the call soon