Page 118 of 688 FirstFirst ... 98108110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126128138 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 6872

Thread: PAL Wait Time

OK ... Buddy ... that is insane long time..... waayyy too long for any justification. If you got money to pony up .... get a lawyer that deals in firearms violation. Contact Canadian Coilision for Firearms Rights. You Got to go after the RCMP!!! Use some muscle .... You are major being jerked around ... 13 months ... INSANE. We got to fight back this Government.... SAD IT TAKES MONEY. Brother .... I think I am in that position myself. I am starting to save money to contact a lawyer. They hear from a Lawyer .... the listen up, they move. I believe you have the right to a determination one way or another. If denied a P.A.L. you have an appeals process if you feel their reason is not justifiable. It is heard before a judge. ....... Right now all you are getting is the DIPPY DOO ... FLIP AROO. Good Luck!!!

P.S. Please tell me how these CRAP WEASELS on the phone are not shocked !!! What .... they say like they say to everyone else " Check back in a Month" At this point they should be telling you something went wrong and they will issue an investigation.... Like really.... what would they be waiting to do .... AFTER 13 MONTHS!!! .... INSANE!!!
    Last edited by FreedomWarrior; 07-12-2018 at 10:50 PM.

CGN Regular
    My timeline so far.
    Completed CFSC, and CFRSC May 9th, 2018
    Received stamped test results June 6th, 2018
    Application arrived in Miramichi June 8th, 2018
    As of today it's yet to appear online.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzi View Post
    My timeline so far.
    Completed CFSC, and CFRSC May 9th, 2018
    Received stamped test results June 6th, 2018
    Application arrived in Miramichi June 8th, 2018
    As of today it's yet to appear online.
    They received mine 9 days before you and it only appeared online last Friday so I’d imagine yours will be up next week.

Prey you are not one of the few that has it shelved at the CFO for 12 months .... to forever!!

Timeline for upgrade to RPAL.

Application arrived in Miramichi on April 27th.
    Shows up online June 6th (40 calendar days)
    Received request for additional info in mail from RCMP. Mailed out new photo and test results on June 12th.
    Completed initial processing July 5th.
    License issued on July 13th.

So in total 11 weeks from them receiving my application to having my license issued. I would’ve shaved off a couple weeks if I didn’t have to resend a new photo and test results.

Quote Originally Posted by ae92gts View Post
    I'm starting to believe the anti gun thing in Canada. I'm 13 months in right now and still waiting for my non restricted license. My application was revived June 6 2017. Still with the CFO. I'm actually starting to give up hope of ever getting my license. The sad part is, I still check my online status daily. I'm done calling in. I get the same thing every time. Even with the "direct cfo" extension number. The lady on the phone is always nice but never really had an useful information. The rifle my buddy was going to sell me gas been sold elsewhere. He couldn't wait any longer, and I don't blame him lol
    Call (don't email) and complain to your MP. Then file a complaint: http://www.crcc-ccetp.gc.ca/en/make-complaint

Do the complaint quickly, as it has to be within 12 months of the event occurring. In your case, that would be 45 days (the "service standard" for license processing) from June 6, 2017, which is July 21, 2018. Even if they opt to argue that they say a "minimum" of 45 days, that's fine, your complaint is still valid....just don't give them a basis on which to deny your complaint because you waited too long to start the process.

You cannot be sure your MP will do anything and an MP has no jurisdiction to make the RCMP do anything.

I like what RICK911 said in another thread and what he did ... According to sec 74 of the Firearms act and further ..... a wait substantially longer than the average such as 4 months at the CFO office may be construed as a refusal by the CFO to make a determination & thus be brought to a Provincial Judge. I believe if you want REAL action you need to retain a lawyer that deals with firearms issues, contacts the CFO directly & if they are playing dirty ... force it in front of a Judge. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomWarrior View Post
    You cannot be sure your MP will do anything
    Everyone I've ever known to have problems and delays getting a PAL has made a call to their MP and had their license in hand within 2 weeks.

an MP has no jurisdiction to make the RCMP do anything
    This is a drastic oversimplification and should not be taken seriously.

CGN frequent flyer
    You cannot be sure your MP will do anything and an MP has no jurisdiction to make the RCMP do anything.

I like what RICK911 said in another thread and what he did ... According to sec 74 of the Firearms act and further ..... a wait substantially longer than the average such as 4 months at the CFO office may be construed as a refusal by the CFO to make a determination & thus be brought to a Provincial Judge. I believe if you want REAL action you need to retain a lawyer that deals with firearms issues, contacts the CFO directly & if they are playing dirty ... force it in front of a Judge. Good luck
    I see pink coming soon
    Tomorrow is promised to no one, believe it!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFalseProphet View Post
    Everyone I've ever known to have problems and delays getting a PAL has made a call to their MP and had their license in hand within 2 weeks.

This is a drastic oversimplification and should not be taken seriously.
    I called my MP about my delay and he said all he can do is call the same number that we all call and ask about my status on my behalf. They don't have some direct line to the person handling your application.
    Sure your MP can call in, theyre just going to say the same thing to him that they say to you, ie)- still being worked on, call back in a month.