Page 345 of 690 FirstFirst ... 325335337338339340341342343344345346347348349350351352353355365 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 6898

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by Oreius82 View Post
    Lic sent June 8, cc charged mid sept. Got an email today oct 19 saying missing info. Called in and the needed my DL# as ID, i had listed my old pal but they said they couldnt use it. Gave info via phone and was told I was approved and my rpal would gt printed and sent out in a day or two. No calls to me, spouse or ref. Alberta app.
    I was told by the instructor that you don't need to put the DL#, do you only need that info if you're renewing??

Quote Originally Posted by hufy69 View Post
    I was told by the instructor that you don't need to put the DL#, do you only need that info if you're renewing??
    theres that section on the form you have to give 1 form of ID, i think most people used DLs, you can also use your passport or other govt issued IDs

Submitting my renewal August 3. Credit Card charged August 3.

Been stuck at:
    Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

Ever since.

They're also supposed to mail out renewal forms 3 months prior to expiry. RCMP Site, first paragraph at the top of the page. Mine expires in January. That would mean I should have received a renewal package in the mail in September.

No renewal in the mail.

I'll call and see what the holdup is tomorrow, but if they're only getting around to July applications at this point I may have more waiting ahead of me yet.

What's worrying is if they're 3+ months behind on renewals there's a good chance some guys who aren't on top of things are going to get their renewal in the mail (if they aren't behind on the renewal letters as well) and not be able to get their license renewed prior to the expiration even if they jump through all the hoops.

Yes, there is a six month grace period after it expires but there's a lot of conditions attached to it including being unable to do anything with your firearms, purchase new ones or ammunition, initiate transfers, etc until you've renewed your license.
    ‎"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

Finally got it in the mail today....... time to start shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by username=null View Post
    theres that section on the form you have to give 1 form of ID, i think most people used DLs, you can also use your passport or other govt issued IDs
    Sorry I meant yeah DL Number, I used my DL but just wrote Driver's License, the instructor said no need to put the actual number.

Sorry I meant yeah DL Number, I used my DL but just wrote Driver's License, the instructor said no need to put the actual number.
    well, thats new to me, we didnt have to put the number on the cfsc course report, but we do have to put the actual ID number on the 5592 form

Quote Originally Posted by Locos View Post
    Submitting my renewal August 3. Credit Card charged August 3.

Been stuck at:
    Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

Ever since.

They're also supposed to mail out renewal forms 3 months prior to expiry. RCMP Site, first paragraph at the top of the page. Mine expires in January. That would mean I should have received a renewal package in the mail in September.

No renewal in the mail.

I'll call and see what the holdup is tomorrow, but if they're only getting around to July applications at this point I may have more waiting ahead of me yet.

What's worrying is if they're 3+ months behind on renewals there's a good chance some guys who aren't on top of things are going to get their renewal in the mail (if they aren't behind on the renewal letters as well) and not be able to get their license renewed prior to the expiration even if they jump through all the hoops.

Yes, there is a six month grace period after it expires but there's a lot of conditions attached to it including being unable to do anything with your firearms, purchase new ones or ammunition, initiate transfers, etc until you've renewed your license.
    did you sent the renewal online, if its charged the same day, id imagine so. if its charged august, somethings definitely off, you should call them
    if you sent in by mail, its gonna take a while, granted our friends at the miramichi are smart enough to differentiate new pal apps and renewals

Quote Originally Posted by username=null View Post
    well, thats new to me, we didnt have to put the number on the cfsc course report, but we do have to put the actual ID number on the 5592 form
    hmm maybe I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask, they received mine on July 23rd and judging by the comments here it looks like they'll hit mine soon. Hope it doesn't cause a delay...

hmm maybe I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask, they received mine on July 23rd and judging by the comments here it looks like they'll hit mine soon. Hope it doesn't cause a delay...
    im curious about that, please do update me when you called, as well when they hit your application. thanks

BC resident, sent in July 7th lady on phone said CFO is currently approving as of today so shouldn’t be long