Page 279 of 690 FirstFirst ... 259269271272273274275276277278279280281282283284285286287289299 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 6900

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by guywithoutagun View Post
    Unfortunately I was refused my firearms licence just the other day, waited 9 months... I'm 20 years old, have not been charged but I have had a "violent incident" that involved the police a few months back. here are the details. My brother, a friend and I were at a club, my brother and my friend got into a fight over a girl at the bar, my brother told my friend not to come back to my house that night but he did anyways because he was staying at my place at the time, I went to go talk to him and he was sitting there with a golf club and I got defensive for my brother and yelled wtf are you going to do with that golf club? you think you are going to hit my brother with that thing?gtfo! so my friend leaves, my dad was awoken by my yelling comes down stairs and sees me stabbing the wall with a knife and calls the police...(btw this wall was covered in holes from previous knife throwing competition so damage wasn't the issue) the issue was I was belligerent and stabbing the wall (I know how this sounds) Anyways I wasn't arrested but the police gave me a slap on the wrist and my dad told me to leave for the night. Now the firearms officer says I should wait 5 years without any incident with the police before re applying. The moral of the story is I'm 20 years old, that is a quarter of my life I have to wait now because of one stupid outburst....... some advice take it or leave it, think before you act, always respond in the most rational way possible (even if you think the police won't be involved) and never get into physical altercations, use your words unless you have to use force.... fyi my friend said he didn't intend on using the golf club he just wanted it for protection and we had a few beers and got over it because we have been friends since we were little punks around the age 11 or 12.
    Not surprised to be honest with you. Try again in 5 years.

So they received mine the 9 th of october i got a call today at 11 h 30 from unknown number that didnt leave a voice mail i was busy working . Eh well bad luck

I’m pretty lucky. I got mine in 63 Days.

Congrats was that pal or rpal and wich province if you dont mind sharing this info thanks

Hey everyone,

Here are my dates (I'm based in Laval, QC)

Sent: Oct 9th
    Received: Oct 11th
    Charged and online status available: Nov 4th

Called on November 18th to enquire about the status. Was told that the RCMP did its part and it was now in the hands of the Québec CFO.

45 days mark is today. Hoping it won't be too long now.

If some of you are based in Québec and have submitted in the same period, please let me know if you've already received it

Thanks!

I waited 5 months for my restricted and non-restricted license to come in. I'm so happy I received it today though.

Hey man i m in quebec also mine was recieved the 9 th of october and it showed up online arround the 30 th st and the license was issued the 21 st of november still havent received the card in the mail as of yet hope this helps .

Good thing I emailed then, because they wanted proof of status and residency as I moved to Canada in 2014.
    Just replied back with the documents requested, hoping it won't be long now.

Wondering how long it would have taken if I hadn't been proactive...

Have you called the quebec cfo ? Wich is surete du quebec

Located in Alberta. PAL and RPAL application received Dec 18 2018. It's been 344 days with no word. There was no issues with my application