Page 132 of 689 FirstFirst ... 112122124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140142152 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 6886

Thread: PAL Wait Time

I did my course the same day as you and my application was received on 09/10 also. Curious to see how close our licences are in time

Quote Originally Posted by Ssernasie View Post
    I did my course the same day as you and my application was received on 09/10 also. Curious to see how close our licences are in time
    I had someone with the same timeline as me. He was approved in 32 days, I'm on day 44. Have heard other cases too where people in the same course get approved in 50 days, and others 100 days. No rhyme or reason to any of it! Lol..

Always interesting to compare though.. don't be like me though. I got my hopes up hearing others stories only to be let down and be waiting far longer for seemingly no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssernasie View Post
    Where did you do your course?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hamilton View Post
    Where did you do your course?
    St. Catharines ontario

My PAL/RPAL application timeline so far:

July 22 - PAL/RPAL course completed (Alberta) - got paperwork right after course
    July 23 - Sent application registered Xpresspost
    July 26 - Received/signature recorded
    Aug 28 - 30 days after receiving, credit card charged, status appears on website "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date"
    Sep 17 - no status change on website, called CFP 1-800 number to inquire. They said application is in final review at Alberta CFO for background checks etc.
    Asked if they know how long it will take, said no idea - but said it's the "fall busy season now" (hunters I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
    My PAL/RPAL application timeline so far:

July 22 - PAL/RPAL course completed (Alberta) - got paperwork right after course
    July 23 - Sent application registered Xpresspost
    July 26 - Received/signature recorded
    Aug 28 - 30 days after receiving, credit card charged, status appears on website "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date"
    Sep 17 - no status change on website, called CFP 1-800 number to inquire. They said application is in final review at Alberta CFO for background checks etc.
    Asked if they know how long it will take, said no idea - but said it's the "fall busy season now" (hunters I guess).
    well, you need to get your tags for the fall earlier in the year. why get your tags before you get your PAL. so that doesn't make sense. i feel like the spring or winter would be the busy season. i just think everyone is worried they might not be able to get approved with the tougher regulation threats.

Quote Originally Posted by pbruce706 View Post
    An update to my timeline as well...
    Ontario
    Aug 18/19: Completed CFSC and CFRSC
    Aug 20: Sent to Miramichi via Expresspost
    Aug 22: Signed as received
    Aug 23: Received stamped course results from FSESO
    Sept 10: Credit card charged (getting notifications of charges is very handy)
    Sept 10: Application appears on line, "Your application has been received. It is currently being processed. You have been, or will be contacted either by phone or by mail for additional information. Please check the status again at a later date."
    Sept 10: Called and got the fax number to send stamped results and faxed in course results.
    Sept 17: Status updated to "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date. " Guess they got my course results.
    Member: CPC / CCFR / CSSA / NFR

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzi View Post
    Completed CFSC, and CFRSC May 9th, 2018
    Received stamped test results June 6th, 2018
    Application arrived in Miramichi June 8th, 2018
    Appeared Online July 18, 2018 with a message some information was missing.
    Missing photo was received in Miramichi on July 23, 2018
    Photo was processed on August 13th

As of today (August 21, 2018) I was told the file is with the Ontario CFO for final approval, and to give it 30 days. If it's not processed in 30 days to give them a call back.

I gave them a call today to check on the status of the application. Still the same thing I was told it was with the CFO, it hasn't been assigned to an officer yet to review, I guess background checks etc, still need to be completed. The man of the phone told me to check back in 3 weeks. Yikes! I asked about if I could get the extension to reach the Ontario CFO, but they said they would tell the same thing. Needs to be assigned etc. I think my application is in limbo.

After the call I decided to reach out to my MP, just to inquire if there is anything on their end that can be done. Well long behold he mentioned they have contacts within the Ontario CFO, and the CFP, as they've had applications take double, and triple the service sstandards in the past. He took my information, and all of the information associated with my application, and told me to give him a few days, and he will hopefully be able to get this looked after.

This is good news so hopefully I'll have my license soon!
    So a bit of an update.

I spoke with my MP's office today. I was told they sent my information to the CFO, they are still awaiting a reply from them. She said that they are at an arm's length with them, but she assurede that they are trying.

So in the meantime while they wait for a response I was told to keep on them. I was told to start calling daily, and to clarify the service standard, she told me to keep them on the line as long as possible asking as many questions as possible, clarifying the process, the timeline of the process etc. She pretty much said make noise, but be as polite as possible doing so. They seemed to feel bad that they weren't able to get me any answers yet.

So I gave the CFP a call, and I was told that The CFO just received it, and to give it another 4-6 weeks! I've been told for over a month now it's been with the CFO.. I feel as if my time line is getting longer, and longer.

I called yesterday and was told my application hit the CFO office, and was assigned to someone there on Friday (the 14th) and that it'd either be reviewed/approved today (the 18th) or Friday this week if there are no issues/concerns that they need to follow up on.

Apparently I've passed the reference stage, etc. Hopefully things update Friday. She did mention that "after it's approved, it could take 5-10 days" I don't know if she meant for my license to show up in the mail, or if she meant for it to show up online. I guess we'll see. Either way I'll likely be calling on Monday if it's not approved by then.

Since the Liberals took over this process has grind to a halt. It look me 9 months to get my PAL and RPAL. This after calling god knows how many times and asking for updates and being told to wait another 6 weeks and call back. Then one time I called they put me through to the AB CFO office and did the interview right there. Didn't call any references, asked three questions and he said approved. My wife applied at the same time and still hasn't got hers. She hasn't called as much as me but the mentality is pretty disappointing in regards to the process. Seems like there is a built in long wait for whatever reason. When you call be polite and ask to be put through to the CFO office. Eventually they will process it. Our government doesn't want us armed but push for your rights while being respectful and polite. Trust me I know how frustrating it is. Be happy though because once you have it you will be shopping like crazy!