Page 330 of 691 FirstFirst ... 310320322323324325326327328329330331332333334335336337338340350 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 6901

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by username=null View Post
    my timeline is around the same as yours (late august received says canada post)
    im thinking our cc wont be charged until at least November, given the current processing speed, so do you think your license will be issued this year?
    honestly I hope so but you never know. It's nice to see that there's quite a few people in recent posts that were issued ~30 days after it showed up online so the biggest hurdle seems to just be the huge backlog at this point.

It'll be a sad day when we miss both black friday & boxing day sales

I think we hit the right time before the huge flood of Ontario applications hit the pile right about now (assuming the first waves are getting FSESO paperwork now like me). Every single course around here seems to be booked solid up to December+ with waitlists even with instructors taking on way more courses than usual, it's insane! I count myself lucky enough to have gotten into an early course here.

Quote Originally Posted by virulent View Post
    honestly I hope so but you never know. It's nice to see that there's quite a few people in recent posts that were issued ~30 days after it showed up online so the biggest hurdle seems to just be the huge backlog at this point.

It'll be a sad day when we miss both black friday & boxing day sales

I think we hit the right time before the huge flood of Ontario applications hit the pile right about now (assuming the first waves are getting FSESO paperwork now like me). Every single course around here seems to be booked solid up to December+ with waitlists even with instructors taking on way more courses than usual, it's insane! I count myself lucky enough to have gotten into an early course here.
    that is what i thought, we submitted right before a huge wave of new applicants, we are looking at at least 2 month of new backlog created due to the halt of delivery of those cfsc/crfsc courses
    but what worries me is that sometimes there is no specific order of which applications are to be opened first by the miramichi, does not seem to be on a first come first serve basis
    btw i mailed from ottawa too, but i did my courses several years ago, and only now i am submitting it at(arguably) the worst time possible

Quote Originally Posted by username=null View Post
    that is what i thought, we submitted right before a huge wave of new applicants, we are looking at at least 2 month of new backlog created due to the halt of delivery of those cfsc/crfsc courses
    but what worries me is that sometimes there is no specific order of which applications are to be opened first by the miramichi, does not seem to be on a first come first serve basis
    btw i mailed from ottawa too, but i did my courses several years ago, and only now i am submitting it at(arguably) the worst time possible
    When i sent mine in march it was opened in order. They have i assume stacks in their mail room with the dates of when letters were received. There is no conspiracy here. Now some applications will for sure take longer than others but that's to be expected. One thing that I will note is that during my 5 month wait due to their shutdown i was able to get far better information from the Ontario CFO then the unfortunate souls that have to answer the phones in Miramichi.

Quote Originally Posted by VortexDr View Post
    When i sent mine in march it was opened in order. They have i assume stacks in their mail room with the dates of when letters were received. There is no conspiracy here. Now some applications will for sure take longer than others but that's to be expected. One thing that I will note is that during my 5 month wait due to their shutdown i was able to get far better information from the Ontario CFO then the unfortunate souls that have to answer the phones in Miramichi.
    What info did you get from the CFO?

Took my non-restricted PAL course in May 2020.

Timeline since then:

June 2, 2020 mailed paperwork to Maramichi
    June 8, 2020 paperwork arrived
    Sept 18, 2020 credit card charged

The RCMP website states: “My application has passed initial processing and is in progress”

Does anybody have an idea when my PAL should arrive in the mail? It’s hunting season and I really want to get out there!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stevepeter87 View Post
    Took my non-restricted PAL course in May 2020.

Timeline since then:

June 2, 2020 mailed paperwork to Maramichi
    June 8, 2020 paperwork arrived
    Sept 18, 2020 credit card charged

The RCMP website states: “My application has passed initial processing and is in progress”

Does anybody have an idea when my PAL should arrive in the mail? It’s hunting season and I really want to get out there!
    The question we all want answered. Assuming your application isn't put aside and you don't have problems/issues, you are looking another 1-2 months. You can call them periodically and see where things are at. Be polite and don't be annoying. You can always say, "is there anything I can do or provide to help my application move forward?" If they need an interview they may transfer you to someone who will do it for you. That will speed things up considerably. Lots of luck involved though and every application is different.

took my pal/rpal in Alberta April 28 - sent in the application the following day.

May 4 my application was received
    Sept 3 my CC was charged (thanks COVID)
    ~called to inquire why i could not see my application online. they spelt my last name wrong... the lady said it was flagged and will be fixed. My application is with the CFO, there was no issues with my application and my picture was being processed.

Sept 19 status online read "application has passed initial processing and is in progress" My last name is still spelt wrong but i can log in to review my status using it. (only one letter off..) Im hoping this doesn't add significantly more time to my application.

as of today sept 23 it still says processing, Ill be calling friday if it hasn't changed for another update.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by duckba View Post
    took my pal/rpal in Alberta April 28 - sent in the application the following day.

May 4 my application was received
    Sept 3 my CC was charged (thanks COVID)
    ~called to inquire why i could not see my application online. they spelt my last name wrong... the lady said it was flagged and will be fixed. My application is with the CFO, there was no issues with my application and my picture was being processed.

Sept 19 status online read "application has passed initial processing and is in progress" My last name is still spelt wrong but i can log in to review my status using it. (only one letter off..) Im hoping this doesn't add significantly more time to my application.

as of today sept 23 it still says processing, Ill be calling friday if it hasn't changed for another update.
    Ill be watching for your updates. I'm alberta as well. Received may 25, cc charged on Sept 11, showed up online for first time on Sept 11. Says initial processing complete and in progress. The last time I called the rcmp on the phone, the gentleman told me my application is in the works and to call back sometime in the first week of October if it doesn't change online. I applied for pal/rpal at the same time.

I'm a day after you for both received and charged, please post any updates

For anyone waiting for their course dates / paperwork, you are able to send in your pal application to get a head start, just attach a letter saying the course paperwork will be sent at a later date, should save about 4 weeks based on current Course paperwork time.

For those in the “initial processing completed” stage, depending on your history, the rcmp/cfo may be waiting for checks done by local metro police departments, if you can find out from your cfo who (Police department) is dealing with your application, you may be able to follow up with them to see where you currently stand.