Page 1 of 687 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

PAL Wait Time

I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice as to what is now a reasonable amount of time to expect the full processing of a PAL. I mailed in all my paperwork on May 29th 2012, and saw online that my application became active on June 7th 2012. In late June my application was marked as "completed initial processing and now in progress". Just a note ALL my paperwork was 100% correct all T's crossed and I's dotted. The website says you can expect about a 45 day processing time, am I right to be thinking things are taking a little long, or is 60 plus day just the norm these days. Thanks in advance:

Mine took about 60 days (restricted) A friend of mine just got his restricted and it took about the 45 days. Seemed evertime I phoned it moved along a bit. If you or your references have not been phoned I would be phoning them.

They got my application (RPAL) on May 14th. I'm still waiting. I've seen a few people, even in BC, still getting it at the 4-5 week mark. Your wait might go faster because you're just waiting on a PAL. Don't make any plans for it untill it's in your hands though, I was supposed to be camping and blowing through a few hundred (or thousand) rounds this week. :'(

yeah I was just on general firearms discussions and it seem that in B.C. at least applications can take a lot longer than the rest of the country lots waiting 90 days or more. I guess I can only hope it comes through before hunting season, (October) and I can get some practice time in, otherwise I guess I'm the camp COOK.

Phone them up, be extra polite. Making that call, and saying "OK, I Guess I'll just have to be patient" works WONDERS to move things along.

I got my PAL in May for restricted and non-restricted. I mailed a complete application and it took 41 days to be approved. I called once a week as soon as it appeared online to check on the status.

I sent my paperwork in late June, took about 2w to show up on the website. My RPAL arrived last week, about a week after the website said that it was approved. The site states that it may be up to 2 weeks but it sounds like yours may have gotten lost somewhere. I live in Ontario. I already had my PAL, but you pretty much have to go through the complete process all over, and they called my references this time.

Mine took 131 days

Mine was received by them on May 28th, still no license. BC is really backed up but phone them, I did not get any real answers until I talked to the Surrey office. Had a friend's grandson get his 2 weeks ago and he applied after me.
    "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!!!" -- Arthur Carlson

58 days for mine ....

Page 1 of 687 1234567891121 ... LastLast