Page 281 of 690 FirstFirst ... 261271273274275276277278279280281282283284285286287288289291301 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 6897

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep514 View Post
    Good thing I emailed then, because they wanted proof of status and residency as I moved to Canada in 2014.
    Just replied back with the documents requested, hoping it won't be long now.

Wondering how long it would have taken if I hadn't been proactive...
    They received mine on October 31st and showed up online on November 25th. There was box for "newcomers" to check on if you're in Canada for less than 5 years. I moved to Canada in 2012. You didn't know they were requiring proof of residency from you until you emailed them, who knows when and if they would be contacting you to inquire about such documents.

Should I email them copy of my PR and passport regardless, in case they will require and I don't know yet? Or this is something they only ask if you're in the country for less than 5 years?

I'm in Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Kk2014 View Post
    They received mine on October 31st and showed up online on November 25th. There was box for "newcomers" to check on if you're in Canada for less than 5 years. I moved to Canada in 2012. You didn't know they were requiring proof of residency from you until you emailed them, who knows when and if they would be contacting you to inquire about such documents.

Should I email them copy of my PR and passport regardless, in case they will require and I don't know yet? Or this is something they only ask if you're in the country for less than 5 years?

I'm in Ontario
    I'm from Ontario too and I came to Canada more than a year ago. I didn't submit any proof of residence.

I guess I'll wait a bit longer before I decide to call in again. I called the CFP a couple of days ago and was told that my application is with the CFO of Ontario for approval. Hopefully doesn't take too long for them to review it.
    Last edited by Kk2014; 12-04-2019 at 11:14 PM.

So it's been 19 months. I think my application has gone missing. I have contacted my MP and they are trying to help on my behalf but they are also not getting through. I think it's time to throw in the towel. I ticked the box for anxiety, wrote a letter saying I'm not depressed I have MILD ANXIETY. I wanted to be super honest, it was a bad call. Paperwork all correct, check over by instructor of course. Yup. This sucks.

hello have u tried contacting your local cfo ?

Update:

Surprisingly after my MP’s office emailed someone with the BC CFO office I got a call a couple days later and had a phone interview and had my license issued within an hour. The person I spoke with said “the person who had your file has a very large queue of applications they’re handling”, which to me infers understaffing. But either way, after 364 days I finally had a license issued and will hopefully receive it in the mail next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kremorgan View Post
    I’m at 360 days, applied Dec 6 last year. Went to my MP’s office the other day to see what they can do, probably won’t help though. I love how on the phone when I call to inquire about the delay they say “just keep your guns locked up, don’t worry about the expired license.” When I asked how I can transport them if I have to move “you can’t”.

I ticked a couple boxes and no one related to them has been contacted.

So I found out that I was issued a license on monday (the 2nd) and got my PAL number and expiration date, but I'm still waiting for my pal in the mail. Can I place online orders right now?? Are there any issues associated with doing this if it's allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by BoogalooNib View Post
    So I found out that I was issued a license on monday (the 2nd) and got my PAL number and expiration date, but I'm still waiting for my pal in the mail. Can I place online orders right now?? Are there any issues associated with doing this if it's allowed?
    No issues at all. The addiction can begin.

Just checked the rcmp website and it says my licence has been issued and if I haven't received it within two weeks to call, my application was received 2019-03-19

Closing in on 10months, still nothing. Better then getting rejected tho
    Me vs. PaL wait times