Page 301 of 689 FirstFirst ... 281291293294295296297298299300301302303304305306307308309311321 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 6886

Thread: PAL Wait Time

I am in Quebec. I started my RPAL renewal august 2019 ( 6 months before Jan expiration ) I had to call early Jan 2020 since no news. It was stuck at the SQ who requested that one of my reference call them. Call was done the next day and, 3 weeks after I received my RPAL, one week late after the expiring of my old PAL.

So I suggest you call the CFC for inquiry first. They will transfer you to the SQ. When you get hold of the person who has your file, it should go faster. Note it was a renewal, not a new RPAL.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    I am in Quebec. I started my RPAL renewal august 2019 ( 6 months before Jan expiration ) I had to call early Jan 2020 since no news. It was stuck at the SQ who requested that one of my reference call them. Call was done the next day and, 3 weeks after I received my RPAL, one week late after the expiring of my old PAL.

So I suggest you call the CFC for inquiry first. They will transfer you to the SQ. When you get hold of the person who has your file, it should go faster. Note it was a renewal, not a new RPAL.

Hi there,
    I just submitted my renewal for last week, did it on line. I don’t recall a section asking for references this time around. Dis I miss that section by chance, i do remember thinking where is the reference section. Did you renew on line ?

Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post

I dont get this, maybe its different in BC where I am. I keep reading about people requesting to speak to the officer in charge of their application but whenever I ask the BC firearms office desk jockey just tells me to go pound sand and call back in a month.

Well my monthly call back is tomorrow and it will go like this

"hello can I check the status of my application?"
    "its completed initial processing, and is currently in progress"
    "ok, can I provide anything to help speed this up?"
    "no, call back again in a month"
    "k..."

waiting since august 2018
    Last edited by addy00; 03-31-2020 at 11:28 PM.

As they are admittedly not processing or printing any licenses until further notice, due to COVID 19, you left probably get a different response. At the same time, this is going on 2 years, if you speak to someone, ask if speaking to your MP, MLA or even mayor (depending on size of town/city) could help facilitate the process once the printers are on again.

RCMP website

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firearm...sease-covid-19

Impacts on services due to the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)

Due to measures taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Canadian Firearms Program is currently experiencing significant impacts to our services, like many other service providers in Canada.

• Clients may experience longer than normal wait times when calling the contact centre
    • The processing of applications for a new firearm licence is on hold until further notice
    • The production of firearms licence cards is on hold until further notice
    • The delivery of Firearms Safety Course (s) may be postponed due to social distancing protocols

Firearm licence expiry

• As per the Common Sense Firearms Licensing Act, since October 2017, individuals have a six-month extension (grace) period past the expiry date printed on their firearms licence card to submit a renewal application online
    • Your firearms licence card will remain valid, with limitations, during this extension (grace) period
    • Individuals can check the status of their firearms licence application via Individual Web Services

Firearm licence renewal

• The processing of firearms licence renewal applications submitted by mail is on hold until further notice
    • We recommend submitting your application to renew your firearms licence via Individual Web Services.
    • Individuals can check the status of their firearms licence application via Individual Web Services.

As this is an evolving situation, we will continue to provide updates on our website as required.
    If you are looking for statistics on the Canadian Firearms Program, please visit the latest annual report.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta) Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013) OFAH Member

Quote Originally Posted by addy00 View Post
    I dont get this, maybe its different in BC where I am. I keep reading about people requesting to speak to the officer in charge of their application but whenever I ask the BC firearms office desk jockey just tells me to go pound sand and call back in a month.

Well my monthly call back is tomorrow and it will go like this

"hello can I check the status of my application?"
    "its completed initial processing, and is currently in progress"
    "ok, can I provide anything to help speed this up?"
    "no, call back again in a month"
    "k..."

waiting since august 2018
    Yeah I don't get it either. Other people suggest asking to speak with the officer but they told me they can't give me the contact info
    -Merrick

"Gun control is when you want to buy 5 guns, but you save your money and buy 1"
    -someone probably

I received my 3 month reminder to renew last Fraiday. Mine expires on July 1st. I submitted my renewal online today. Cost $81 and was fairly simple. I was asked to submit my spouses info so they can call her. I'm also expecting a phone call from the Quebec CFO according the the letter I received in regards to renewing my restricted PAL. I dont currently have any restricted firearms at this time but I do plan on getting back into pistol shooting. With what's going on I have a feeling it'll probably take longer than the 3 months left... Who knows! I'll answer back to this thread with any developments. Stay safe everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_ View Post
    I received my 3 month reminder to renew last Fraiday. Mine expires on July 1st. I submitted my renewal online today. Cost $81 and was fairly simple. I was asked to submit my spouses info so they can call her. I'm also expecting a phone call from the Quebec CFO according the the letter I received in regards to renewing my restricted PAL. I dont currently have any restricted firearms at this time but I do plan on getting back into pistol shooting. With what's going on I have a feeling it'll probably take longer than the 3 months left... Who knows! I'll answer back to this thread with any developments. Stay safe everyone!

I submitted my application in February 23rd and checked this morning and the website shows the “Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued“ message. I was pretty surprised to see that so soon. Im guessing actually getting a printed licence in the mail could be another story but I can update if it comes any time soon

Quote Originally Posted by Parfa View Post
    They received mine on the 17th of Feb, but kept getting that msg youre getting until it changed to "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued." on Mar 18th. Probably gonna take a while for it to get here due to the current situation though. I'll keep calling them to see if I can get my PAL #
    Sweet, thanks for the info.

Last edited by BillyBandue; 05-29-2020 at 11:09 PM.