Page 138 of 690 FirstFirst ... 118128130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146148158 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 6897

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Hi Guys,

From Calgary AB here waiting for my PAL and its been over 45 days now..here is my timeline..ANYONE else in this boat as well, please help

Application received: August 3
    Credit card charged: Sept 3
    Still says completed initial processing, I called and I was told its sitting with AB CFO for background checks..

Would love some input from you guys!

CGN frequent flyer
    Hmm mine arrived 6 days after yours and I got my licence a week ago, also in Calgary. Mine didn’t go to the AB CFO though, still
    not sure how they decide who gets looked at more and who doesn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgellis View Post
    I took the course last November but didn't do anything until August with it so I'm not including that in my timeline.

I'm from Prince Edward Island

Nov 2017 took pal and rpal courses

August 1st sent completed app for rpal and test results to processing centre

August 15 credit card charged and status changed to "initial processing complete..."

Sept 19: status changed to processing complete licence has been issued.

Sept 20: called for licence number. Informed card has been printed and mailed.

No references were called.

All told it took like 49 days from the day I mailed it until I got my licence number (if not my card which will likely be here on Monday)
    And I received my card on Sept 25 and had my first purchase transfered and an ATT within an hour.

Off to the range

Alberta here. Have had my PAL since 2007. PAL to RPAL upgrade. No criminal record or interactions with the Police.

August 5th took the CRFSC course. Passed practical 100%, written 98%.
    August 8th mailed out my complete forms, photo, and test results. All boxes marked "NO".
    August 13th application received and signed for in Miramichi.
    September 5th CC charged and application shows online as "completed initial processing. It is now in progress."
    September 11th phoned CFC. Asked if anything was missing. Was told everything is in order, was waiting for photo to be scanned and it probably won't have to go to the CFO. Told to phone back again in a week.
    September 17th phoned CFC. Asked if photo had been scanned yet. Told no, and it should be done in the next week. Was told to phone back in a week.
    September 24th phoned CFC. Asked if photo had been scanned yet. Told no. Asked how long this normally takes because I've been told the same answer three weeks in a row. She actually looked at my file and found that my photo was scanned on the 18th and is now waiting for an "upload".. The lady said if I haven't received my license by the last week of October to phone back then...

It seems like they just give canned responses unless you press them a little. I was very polite. I'll be phoning back on the 27th(Day 45) for an update if I don't see it approved online by then. I'm not waiting till day 70+ to follow up...

Call the 1-800 CFC number, ask to talk to Alberta CFO office. When you get transferred ask AB CFO about your application, there is a good chance they will approve it right there or offer to interview you. Always keep calling, don’t assume they will just move it along

Any advice guys? My timeline so far (regular PAL):
    -Sent August 3
    -Received August 8
    -Online Sept 4, CC charged same day.
    -It's now day 50, and still just "Initial processing complete, in progress"

Called today and they said all my info is good, but it still hasn't gone to the CFO (Ontario). They were polite but not really helpful - they indicated that it could go "Any day now" but its already day 50 so I don't know if that's true...

Not sure when I should start making noise about it taking so long, especially since others seem to be getting theirs very quickly. No boxes were ticked, no prior police contact etc.
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Eternum; 09-27-2018 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3738 View Post
    I am in Ontario, my application timeline so far:

2018/08/21 & 22 - CFSC/CRFSC course
    2018/09/05 - received stamped course results
    2018/09/05 - application sent to Miramichi, NB via registered mail
    2018/09/10 - application received in Miramichi, NB

Will update as it progresses, does the application usually show up online after the 28day waiting period?
    2018/09/27 - application is now online and “Initial processing is complete”

Quote Originally Posted by EZTRGT View Post
    I’m in the GTA and on a similar timeline to pbruce706...

Completed courses Aug. 18 and 19.
    Sent application in sans test results and received Sept 4
    Test results received Sept 7
    CC charged Sept 18 - at least it appears to moving through the system.
    But no sign of it online yet.
    Would like to get those test results sent off and off my plate.

Cheers,
    EZTRGT
    Kyle
    Apparently I took my stupid pill when I filled out my application. Didn't check the box stating I don't own any firearms, and left my middle intial vs. name. Doh! Found a letter in my mailbox this am stating so. Called and straightened it out and the Mrs. is faxing the test results in this afternoon. Hopefully it'll show up online soon and next Tuesday is the end of my 28 days. Hopefully I'll see it in the next two weeks but we shall see.

Cheers,

EZTRGT
    Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by EZTRGT View Post
    Apparently I took my stupid pill when I filled out my application. Didn't check the box stating I don't own any firearms, and left my middle intial vs. name. Doh! Found a letter in my mailbox this am stating so. Called and straightened it out and the Mrs. is faxing the test results in this afternoon. Hopefully it'll show up online soon and next Tuesday is the end of my 28 days. Hopefully I'll see it in the next two weeks but we shall see.

Cheers,

EZTRGT
    Kyle
    If you are licensed, indicate the class of firearms you now possess. Check all that apply.
    Non-Restricted | Restricted Prohibited | I do not possess any firearms

When it is not online, what message are you getting. Something along the lines of we have no data matching those results?