Page 430 of 691 FirstFirst ... 410420422423424425426427428429430431432433434435436437438440450 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,300 of 6901

Thread: PAL Wait Time

CGN Regular TragicallyHipGrandpa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Artyom Kvasov View Post
    That is REALLY weird, you'd think for the RPAL they'd call references... Congrats on your licenses guys!
    No kidding! Not one reference call for me or my son's RPAL app.

Even better, the instructor for our CRFSC firearms course never asked for any ID when we took our course last August, including when we wrote our exams! Here we were, wearing masks in the classroom, and no ID check to confirm who we are.

I'm surprised how lax the whole process was, requiring no ID, no reference checks. Now, the waiting period was a tad excessive, but glad it's over!

Quote Originally Posted by TragicallyHipGrandpa View Post
    No kidding! Not one reference call for me or my son's RPAL app.

Even better, the instructor for our CRFSC firearms course never asked for any ID when we took our course last August, including when we wrote our exams! Here we were, wearing masks in the classroom, and no ID check to confirm who we are.

I'm surprised how lax the whole process was, requiring no ID, no reference checks. Now, the waiting period was a tad excessive, but glad it's over!
    I think because they know that nobody will use references that will say something bad so why bother calling them. Plus its extra work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by HamiltonAl View Post
    October 28 2020- paperwork recived by RCMP
    February 19 2021- Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is
    now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.
    February 24th 2021- Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)
    Licence issued February 24th - recieved in the mail March 2nd. 2021

Any references contacted?

CGN Regular TragicallyHipGrandpa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
    Any references contacted?
    I’d be really curious to know as well, are references checked randomly or seldom or only for ‘red flag’ applicants?

For myself and many others none of our references were contacted under any circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by KRider View Post
    Almost 4 months to the day as of last week
    So to be clear, 4 months to show on the web site and another 4 months to process???? Is that indeed correct? I sent mine in Jan 6, does that mean that I can expect my licence roughly in May or September?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer KRider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daddy2000gt View Post
    So to be clear, 4 months to show on the web site and another 4 months to process???? Is that indeed correct? I sent mine in Jan 6, does that mean that I can expect my licence roughly in May or September?
    No no, not quite THAT bad lol

4 months from the day they received my application (I sent expresspost, so tracking told me when they signed for it) to when it showed up on the rcmp website showing that my application was in the initial processing stage. This stage lasted from a Thursday to the following Monday where I saw the message that the license was approved and issued. Got in the mail less than a week later. No references called. Pal/Rpal.
    Based on my experience you can (hopefully) expect movement around May 6th assuming everything is in order

Quote Originally Posted by KRider View Post
    No no, not quite THAT bad lol

4 months from the day they received my application (I sent expresspost, so tracking told me when they signed for it) to when it showed up on the rcmp website showing that my application was in the initial processing stage. This stage lasted from a Thursday to the following Monday where I saw the message that the license was approved and issued. Got in the mail less than a week later. No references called. Pal/Rpal.
    Based on my experience you can (hopefully) expect movement around May 6th assuming everything is in order

whew... thats a bit better..

Question from an Ontario applicant. Can I send in my application to the RCMP before I get my stamped safety training course papers back from FSECO? Do I then forward the safety training course papers to the RCMP after?
    Am I understanding this correctly? Thanks.