Page 134 of 690 FirstFirst ... 114124126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142144154 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 6899

Thread: PAL Wait Time

I waited a year for my PAL. After monthly phone calls would not provide me with a legitimate reason for the delay I faxed in a letter inquiring why my PAL was taking so long when my friends who took the course with me had already received their PAL. A week later I had a phone interview and my PAL was issued.
    Last edited by Willie769; 09-21-2018 at 02:01 PM.

I took the course last November but didn't do anything until August with it so I'm not including that in my timeline.

I'm from Prince Edward Island

Nov 2017 took pal and rpal courses

August 1st sent completed app for rpal and test results to processing centre

August 15 credit card charged and status changed to "initial processing complete..."

Sept 19: status changed to processing complete licence has been issued.

Sept 20: called for licence number. Informed card has been printed and mailed.

No references were called.

All told it took like 49 days from the day I mailed it until I got my licence number (if not my card which will likely be here on Monday)

Quote Originally Posted by Willie769 View Post
    I waited a year for my PAL. It took finally faxing in a letter of complaint to finally get it issued.
    Did they explain why it took so long?

July 28 Completed Non-restricted Course
    July 29 Completed Restricted Course
    July 31 Sent application to Miramichi via Xpresspost
    August 2 Application signed for in Miramichi
    August 14 Stamped results received from FSESO
    August 14 Called Miramichi to inquire about sending my stamped results. Told me not to fax them until my application is in their system and to call when it is so I can receive my application reference number
    August 31 Appeared online as received on August 2nd. Missing information and told I will be contacted.
    August 31 Called Miramichi. Provided information re: spouse and new payment information, payment processed over the phone. Told to fax application number and stamped test results to 1-800-411-0622 and to call back in 2-4 weeks to confirm receipt of stamped results.
    August 31 Checked after calling, site now says "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date."
    August 31 Called in again. 1-800-411-0622 fax number did not work. Rejected 3 times. Given new number (1-506-624-5010) to try. Fax successfully sent around 2:30pm.
    September 7 Called in once again to confirm receipt of my fax sent the week prior. Was told it is not showing up in their system yet and to call back next week (Tuesday or Wednesday).
    September 14 Called to confirm receipt of fax. Informed me it was received and my application is with the Ontario CFO. Told to call back in 4-6 weeks if I haven't heard anything by then.
    September 17 Called Ontario CFO. Informed my file was assigned to an officer on September 14th. Should be looked at this week. Was told I will not have my references contacted as that part has already been done. Asked about arrest in 2014. Informed that it may or may not require an interview.
    September 20 License issued. Called Miramichi and received my PAL number. Initiated transfer for an AR15 & my P226 Legion. Finally!

Day 48 or something? Not bad at all considering I had a hit on my background check for an arrest. Hoping my restricted transfers don't take too long!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MoMoney View Post
    July 28 Completed Non-restricted Course
    July 29 Completed Restricted Course
    July 31 Sent application to Miramichi via Xpresspost
    August 2 Application signed for in Miramichi
    August 14 Stamped results received from FSESO
    August 14 Called Miramichi to inquire about sending my stamped results. Told me not to fax them until my application is in their system and to call when it is so I can receive my application reference number
    August 31 Appeared online as received on August 2nd. Missing information and told I will be contacted.
    August 31 Called Miramichi. Provided information re: spouse and new payment information, payment processed over the phone. Told to fax application number and stamped test results to 1-800-411-0622 and to call back in 2-4 weeks to confirm receipt of stamped results.
    August 31 Checked after calling, site now says "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date."
    August 31 Called in again. 1-800-411-0622 fax number did not work. Rejected 3 times. Given new number (1-506-624-5010) to try. Fax successfully sent around 2:30pm.
    September 7 Called in once again to confirm receipt of my fax sent the week prior. Was told it is not showing up in their system yet and to call back next week (Tuesday or Wednesday).
    September 14 Called to confirm receipt of fax. Informed me it was received and my application is with the Ontario CFO. Told to call back in 4-6 weeks if I haven't heard anything by then.
    September 17 Called Ontario CFO. Informed my file was assigned to an officer on September 14th. Should be looked at this week. Was told I will not have my references contacted as that part has already been done. Asked about arrest in 2014. Informed that it may or may not require an interview.
    September 20 License issued. Called Miramichi and received my PAL number. Initiated transfer for an AR15 & my P226 Legion. Finally!

Day 48 or something? Not bad at all considering I had a hit on my background check for an arrest. Hoping my restricted transfers don't take too long!
    Exciting day for you! The wait is over!
    Let me know how you like the P226! I'm thinking about buying one when I get my RPAL.

Gratz MoMoney! Hope my wait is about the same, just day 29 for me, no references contacted yet. Safe shooting!
    Member: CPC / CCFR / CSSA / NFR

Good luck, man! Mine would've been approved around day 38-40 or so if it weren't for a hit on my background check. I'd expect some good news in the next couple of weeks, things seem to be moving fast right now!

Some insight:
    I called the CFO the day they received my application, they said there will be no reference checks because their automagical system didn't put me in that queue.. or something like that.
    Sounds like if you're with the CFO & you've been assigned an officer, you wont be getting a reference. I had an arrest in the last 5 years that showed up and that didn't trigger one, so I have a feeling it may be entirely random.

I'm under the age of 30 and got my RPAL. No references called, and nor was my spouse. (sharing age because I had initially thought maybe the younger you are the higher chance your references would be called, but I know others under 25 who didn't have any ref calls for an RPAL in Ontario)

CGN frequent flyer
    Yeah for reference I am under 25 and didn’t get call either so I think it is semi random

So I called and got my licence number ans the lady said I could initiate a transfer for an ar15. So I call this afternoon to start the transfer and the new lady said I was breaking the law by not waiting until I physically had my card.

Gotta love when beuracrats tell you different things.

My Status so Far...As I said in my previous post that they are quite speedy at the moment

Application Received - 2018-09-05
    Credit Card Charged and Appeared on the System - 2018-09-21

16 Days instead of 28 days - This is better than I expected