Page 609 of 688 FirstFirst ... 589599601602603604605606607608609610611612613614615616617619629 ... LastLast
Results 6,081 to 6,090 of 6872

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by HalRexnar View Post
    I also have an update, I was able to have my license issued today. Hopefully this helps people:

I called the CFP and explained my last conversations with them and with my CFO, where we established my application was with a "jurisdiction officer" in Miramichi (despite the CFP computer system saying it's with my provincial CFO).

No new updates from the CFP general inquiries line, as they apparently do not have much in the way of direct communication with the jurisdiction officers, so I asked if it's possible to get a number for them.

The general inquiries officer transferred me and after some more time on hold and a brief conversation with the jurisdiction officer (who really was a lovely lady, certainly the most pleasant Federal employee I've dealt with outside of the National Parks Service), she verified that all my approvals had been completed, just one more box to tick to rubber-stamp it, and then she ticked that box and gave me my PAL number.

She did say that they're only printing every 2-3 weeks so not to count on a physical copy until January.

I would recommend this course of action to anyone who's been stuck at the "initial approval complete" phase.
    So do you mean we can call or email them to get the license number and we can use it to order a firearm online?

If your license application had passed all approval stages, and your license is issued, then it has a number and the CFP will tell you that number if you get in touch with them.

In my case, my license hadn't been issued before I called, the CFP officer issued it while I was on the phone with her, and she told me my license number immediately after the number was generated.

Quote Originally Posted by rohanrele View Post
    So do you mean we can call or email them to get the license number and we can use it to order a firearm online?
    Quote Originally Posted by HalRexnar View Post
    If your license application had passed all approval stages, and your license is issued, then it has a number and the CFP will tell you that number if you get in touch with them.

In my case, my license hadn't been issued before I called, the CFP officer issued it while I was on the phone with her, and she told me my license number immediately after the number was generated.
    Once the license has been issued, if you have IWS access to the RCMP site, you can find out your PAL number under your profile, as well as the endorsements/privileges related to your license.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    Once the license has been issued, if you have IWS access to the RCMP site, you can find out your PAL number under your profile, as well as the endorsements/privileges related to your license.
    How? I’ve been approved but can’t find my license info or number

Quote Originally Posted by rohanrele View Post
    Online retailers normally ask for a picture of your pal and another photo id to confirm validity. So unlikely you would be able to order online with just the number.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidion View Post
    Online retailers normally ask for a picture of your pal and another photo id to confirm validity. So unlikely you would be able to order online with just the number.
    Many don't ask for a photo. Cabela's for example.
    Businesses can confirm validity online through the CFP portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Camara13 View Post
    How? I’ve been approved but can’t find my license info or number
    Just call them (or your provincial CFO).

Can anyone help?

Received my pal in June of this year.
    Every time I purchase a firearm, the system never issues a reference number, says call CFO
    The first 2 purchased was a simple phone call and the reference number was issued. My last purchase was in August, called multiple times and I keep getting the same answer, registrar hasn’t approved it yet. It’s now been 5 months, no reference number

Brief update on my PAL/RPAL for Ontario.

Mailed Application: October 8, 2022
    Application Received: November 2, 2022
    Credit Card Charged: December 3, 2022

Application Check Boxes are all "No's".

I will call them today and see if I can get an over the phone approval.

Cheers,
    C.

Ontario R-PAL (fresh application) final update:

Assigned an online Application Number (November 1, 2022) on the RCMP Individual Web Services Site (IWS).

Application received on September 9, 2022 on IWS.

Status (IWS November 1, 2022): "We have completed the initial review of your firearms licence application. If additional information is required, you will be contacted. Please check the status again at a later date."

Credit card charged November 1, 2022: RCMP-CFP GRC-PCAF

Current status (IWS November 6, 2022): "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number (1-800-731-4000)."

Physical R-PAL license received: December 5, 2022. The letter accompanying the R-PAL from the RCMP shows "Issue Date of License" as November 25, 2022.

Current status (IWS December 5, 2022): Still shows "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number (1-800-731-4000)."