Page 112 of 691 FirstFirst ... 92102104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120122132 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 6903

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by Numitron View Post
    Hello! Newbie here, adding my info to the pool as I finally got something on the website.
    Quebec Province.
    March 17 - did CFSC/ICAF
    March 23 - Received firearm hunting license by mail (used as CFSC certificate)
    March 25 - did CRFSC
    March 29 - Received CRFSC certificate by mail
    April 2 - Sent PAL/RPAL application with all documents using standard (untracked) mail ; Had to go to my local police HQ to get an officer to fill a SQ-3007 form (Required for RPAL in Qc). Went with my dad for maximum good vibes.
    April 12 - Application received at Miramichi (according to website)
    April 21 - Did Quebec's Bill 9 training (not used in PAL/RPAL application, just here for reference in case they check such things) ; Received certificate on the spot
    May 21 - Credit card charged
    May 22 - Appears on website

Current status: ''Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.''
    The 45 day period from application reception will end on May 27th.
    Let's hope they'll stick to the schedule!

Seems to be about the norm for most. I mailed mine a few days after yours and they show it received on Apr 18th. CC charge showed up today. I always figured on the beginning of June as a reasonable date and it looks like that expectation may work out.

CGN frequent flyer
    Here is my final update for Ontario

Mar 15 - Hear about new gun control bill coming - Decide to do my RPal (Have PAL already)
    Mar 18 - Complete restricted Pal course (Test needs to go for stamping)
    Mar 21 - Priority mailed application and photo to Miramichi
    Mar 23 - Delivered with signature (DAY 0)
    Mar 29 - Test Stamped and mailed back (date on test)
    April 03 - Test arrives back from stamping (Ontario)
    April 04 - Called to ask where to send in stamped test. Told application not in system. Given fax number (Day 12)
    April 23 - Called again to check about faxing, told not in system should be soon call in 2 weeks if not online (Day 31)
    April 25 - Shows up online, Credit Card Charged - Called and faxed/emailed in report (Day 33)
    April 26 - Emailed that form was added. Online changed to completed initial now in progress. (Day 34)
    April 27 - Called to ask if anything was needed. Told its waiting for photo scan. (Day 35)
    April 30 - Called again to ask status. Waiting for photo scan then CFO for approval (Day 38)
    May 02 - Called to ask status and if interview was ready. Was told this no longer is a requirement and they would contact me if needed. Lady was extremely helpful and explained/ answered a lot of questions. Current photo scans take 7-12 days generally but can be up to 2 weeks. After that it goes to CFO office of your province. Ontario has been quick but she mentioned they are getting busier (My guess has to do with clearing restricted transfers.) Sometimes that can be quick with no issues on application (few days) sometimes it can take up to 12 weeks. She recommended calling in 7 days to verify the photo scan was complete and hopefully license was issued. One interesting point she made, once the new card is approved that old one is no longer valid. So for that time she recommended not using the old card for anything or going shooting for those days while the new card is in the mail. (Day 40)
    May 04 - Called in to ask status. Still waiting for photo scan. (Day 42)
    May 08 - Called in to ask status at 4:30pm. Still waiting for photo scan told it can be 45 days at CFO office. (Day 46)
    May 09 - 7:30 am "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued" (Day 47)
    May 10 - Called to ask for license number and expiry. Was told the application was approved but not mailed yet. (Day 48)
    May 14 - Called and told license had mailed. Got new PAL number and expiration. Called LGS to start transfers (Day 52)
    May 15 - License Arrives (Day 53)
    May 15 - Transfers Approved.
    May 17 - Pickup Restricted at post office
    May 22 - New license with ATTs arrives
    May 24 - Reg Papers Arrives - RANGE TIME
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal

Quote Originally Posted by Catzo View Post
    Im in the same boat, I did my pal testing 5 years ago. I actually sent in an application back then but something was wrong on my form and I was in school at the time and life got in the way so i just never bothered to complete the application.

So when I go to check the status of my application it says "Received 05-10-2013, you will soon be contacted about additional information etc"

When I called them they said this was no problem and that I just had to pay the processing fee again and I could send out another application because obviously my first was probably shredded a long time ago or is somewhere forever lost within the bowels of Mirimichi.

Canada post says mine was received april 20th and still is not showing online.
    I wish they couldve just skipped me past the mandatory 28 day wait I mean its technically been 5 years since they received my application.

Hoping it shows online soon I can't wait to go out to the range. I called last week, they said to call back this week, so I probably will today.

EDIT: Called, they said to call back in another week. So the cycle begins....

That is kind of funny that they have had it for 5 years and you still have to wait 28-days. Obviously we know why -- a system is a system but it's pretty silly. The worst part is we as law abiding citizens have to jump through flaming hoops when criminals can just buy a stolen firearm at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shackleton View Post
    That is kind of funny that they have had it for 5 years and you still have to wait 28-days. Obviously we know why -- a system is a system but it's pretty silly. The worst part is we as law abiding citizens have to jump through flaming hoops when criminals can just buy a stolen firearm at any given time.
    Ya, really Im just happy they still had my proof of courses conpleted on file and dont have to retake the courses because I don't have the paper work anymore and my instructor actually passed away so I don't know howd i even get it again.

I was thinking about messing with the Miramichi people and just calling in and saying wtf is going on ive been waiting 5 years! Would be kinda funny to hear their reaction. Maybe theyd just approve me on the spot

Seems to be about the norm for most. I mailed mine a few days after yours and they show it received on Apr 18th. CC charge showed up today. I always figured on the beginning of June as a reasonable date and it looks like that expectation may work out.
    SWEET! Mine was received april 20th so hopefully that means itll show up tomorrow or monday. Can't wait to get the ball rolling.

March 1 2018-day 1 of 2 day course
    March 3 2018- day 2 of 2day course
    March 12 2018 test scores recieved from CFP
    March 19 2018 mailed in my application with tracking #
    March 22 2018 application recieved
    April 20 credit card charged
    April 20 initial processing completed
    May 7 2018 I called in to the RCMP they said due to previous offences my application was flagged and I would need to speak to the AFO
    May 7 2018 I leave message on voicemail of Area Firearms detective
    May 22 2018 I am called by detective and conduct a phone interview (15 min)
    At the end of the call he says Congratulations make sure to store firearms safely
    May 22 2018 license granted!!!!!! Woo Hoo!!
    44 business days
    Last edited by Gundelero; 05-24-2018 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Forgot

Pal wait times

[QUOTE=rgh470;7568823]I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice as to what is now a reasonable amount of time to expect the full processing of a PAL. I mailed in all my paperwork on May 29th 2012, and saw online that my application became active on June 7th 2012. In late June my application was marked as "completed initial processing and now in progress". Just a note ALL my paperwork was 100% correct all T's crossed and I's dotted. The website says you can expect about a 45 day processing time, am I right to be thinking things are taking a little long, or is 60 plus day just the norm these days. Thanks

Ya, really Im just happy they still had my proof of courses conpleted on file and dont have to retake the courses because I don't have the paper work anymore and my instructor actually passed away so I don't know howd i even get it again.
    Course database is one thing the RCMP has gotten right.

I have been waiting since March 12th for my RPAL and was getting concerned that the age of my safety course was causing some hold up. When I called, the very pleasant lady let me know that despite it being a 20 years old FAC era course it still was already in there database and was not part of the hold up. Just waiting on the CFO's sign off.

If the 28-day wait truly is calendar days then I should be getting mine by the second week of June.. Yay! Last time I called in the lady told me to call again the first week of June. Should I just call now? I see that some people's references aren't even being called, and for one guy, they just called his spouse.

EDIT: I just realized my guarantor and all my references have the same last name.. Does anyone know if this will hold it up?
    Last edited by Shackleton; 05-25-2018 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Added question

Quote Originally Posted by Shackleton View Post
    If the 28-day wait truly is calendar days then I should be getting mine by the second week of June.. Yay! Last time I called in the lady told me to call again the first week of June. Should I just call now? I see that some people's references aren't even being called, and for one guy, they just called his spouse.

EDIT: I just realized my guarantor and all my references have the same last name.. Does anyone know if this will hold it up?
    You won't be getting it in 28 days. Check out some of the recent timelines posted. Last few have been 35 days just to show up online. Im at 36 days right now and its not online. 28 days is just the minimum amount of time they let your application sit in a pile before looking at it.

Same last name as you? Otherwise shouldnt matter.

You won't be getting it in 28 days. Check out some of the recent timelines posted. Last few have been 35 days just to show up online. Im at 36 days right now and its not online. 28 days is just the minimum amount of time they let your application sit in a pile before looking at it.

Same last name as you? Otherwise shouldnt matter.
    Thanks for your answer.

Also I wasn't really clear, second week of June for me would be 45 days. But still may not be an ideal estimate. I'm slowly beginning to treat it as I probably should -- "It will get here when it gets here."