Page 500 of 691 FirstFirst ... 480490492493494495496497498499500501502503504505506507508510520 ... LastLast
Results 4,991 to 5,000 of 6901

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by Freegun View Post
    Was arrested 10 years ago.. but charges were dropped shortly after… so as of today i have no criminal record… however when i have applied for a job 3 years ago the employer did a background check.. the local police found a trace of that 7 years old arrest….i Called the local police, they said that in many cases, even if the charges were dropped that you are not guilty.. the event can stay in their database for many years.. the cop explained that it can stay in the database 5-10 or forever it depends what type of possible crime.
    In my case they said that it is usually a 10 years note. The cop told me that it may disappear from the local police database really soon though because it's been 7 years already. The cop said Not to worry about it and check again in 3 years or so.

Knowing that, Everytime i cross the border (to go to the state, im kinda nervous). But never had issue with border agents either.
    Its been 10 years in 2020… so for 10 years straight i did not apply for my pal…. No incident in the last 10 years..
    Before applying for the PAL and also because my new job is asking for a background too..ii went to the local police office last summer, handed over all my ids and asked for a background check…. They said i was clean.

So i went ahead and applied for a PAL Here in QC

2021 October 04 application received
    2021 October 18 credit card charged
    2021 November early in the month. initial process completed if additional info is need will be contacted
    2021 november 19 called cfo to get an update,,, i presume they did a live background check while i was on the phone. Because i could hear them on the phone …they were looking up for stuff on their computer..

2021 November 19 application completed, your license has been issued, wait 2 weeks if not call back.

Im so happy.

Still in the mail but im starting to shop already… no more silly bb airguns… now i can use the real thing….
    Ill probably want the RPAL later, but for now the PAL is what i wanted most.

Ill update this post when i receive the card.
    Congrats!

BTW, can you please share QC CFO's phone number? I only found fax number on RCMP site.

Its the same number.. the rcmp number.. the lady will transfer you to your local cfo.. you got to ask her..

Located in Nova Scotia. Applied PAL & rPAL.

Oct 12 Mailed XpressPost
    Oct 18 Received In Miramachi
    Nov 15 Credit Card billed & able to login
    Nov 23 License has been processed and issued and should arrive within 2 weeks
    Nov 26 license arrived in mail

This was my timeline for the 2 applications sent together. I had previously held an FAC and a Possession license which lapsed years ago. So I’m not sure if the fact I was already in the database attributed to my quicker turn around or just plain luck. Good luck to those waiting and I hope you see your card soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Metrics View Post
    Congrats!

BTW, can you please share QC CFO's phone number? I only found fax number on RCMP site.
    It’s 1-800-731-4000 x7005

Quote Originally Posted by SadGoat View Post
    Located in Nova Scotia. Applied PAL & rPAL.

Oct 12 Mailed XpressPost
    Oct 18 Received In Miramachi
    Nov 15 Credit Card billed & able to login
    Nov 23 License has been processed and issued and should arrive within 2 weeks
    Nov 26 license arrived in mail

This was my timeline for the 2 applications sent together. I had previously held an FAC and a Possession license which lapsed years ago. So I’m not sure if the fact I was already in the database attributed to my quicker turn around or just plain luck. Good luck to those waiting and I hope you see your card soon.
    Congrats!

Hi All,
    Happy to share my timeline here for ONTARIO

Applied on Sept. 3rd 2021
    Credit Card Charged Oct 7th
    Was asked for additional documents on Oct. 10th, provided same day.

Called them several times to check status and they almost yelled at me every time. It is safe to say call centre guys are rude.
    However, got approved today, Waiting for Card in Mail,

All the best to all who are waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
    It’s 1-800-731-4000 x7005
    Many thanks!

Application sent Oct 27
    Received Nov 1
    Able to log in
    we have completed the initial review of your firearms licence application. If additional information is required,
    You will be contacted. Please check the status again at later date.
    I have phoned CFO and found payment didn’t go through gave them CC on phone and it went. I was advised with 30 max days and it should be at my house.
    BC applicant
    Last edited by Bosanac217; 12-02-2021 at 03:01 PM.

Are you able to login on their site before your cc is charged to check status?

Yes I was and it was showing that message but I decided to call and se what is going on