Page 136 of 691 FirstFirst ... 116126128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144146156 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 6901

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoney View Post
    Good luck, man! Mine would've been approved around day 38-40 or so if it weren't for a hit on my background check. I'd expect some good news in the next couple of weeks, things seem to be moving fast right now!

Some insight:
    I called the CFO the day they received my application, they said there will be no reference checks because their automagical system didn't put me in that queue.. or something like that.
    Sounds like if you're with the CFO & you've been assigned an officer, you wont be getting a reference. I had an arrest in the last 5 years that showed up and that didn't trigger one, so I have a feeling it may be entirely random.

I'm under the age of 30 and got my RPAL. No references called, and nor was my spouse. (sharing age because I had initially thought maybe the younger you are the higher chance your references would be called, but I know others under 25 who didn't have any ref calls for an RPAL in Ontario)

Woops. Quoted wrong post

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoney View Post
    July 28 Completed Non-restricted Course
    July 29 Completed Restricted Course
    July 31 Sent application to Miramichi via Xpresspost
    August 2 Application signed for in Miramichi
    August 14 Stamped results received from FSESO
    August 14 Called Miramichi to inquire about sending my stamped results. Told me not to fax them until my application is in their system and to call when it is so I can receive my application reference number
    August 31 Appeared online as received on August 2nd. Missing information and told I will be contacted.
    August 31 Called Miramichi. Provided information re: spouse and new payment information, payment processed over the phone. Told to fax application number and stamped test results to 1-800-411-0622 and to call back in 2-4 weeks to confirm receipt of stamped results.
    August 31 Checked after calling, site now says "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date."
    August 31 Called in again. 1-800-411-0622 fax number did not work. Rejected 3 times. Given new number (1-506-624-5010) to try. Fax successfully sent around 2:30pm.
    September 7 Called in once again to confirm receipt of my fax sent the week prior. Was told it is not showing up in their system yet and to call back next week (Tuesday or Wednesday).
    September 14 Called to confirm receipt of fax. Informed me it was received and my application is with the Ontario CFO. Told to call back in 4-6 weeks if I haven't heard anything by then.
    September 17 Called Ontario CFO. Informed my file was assigned to an officer on September 14th. Should be looked at this week. Was told I will not have my references contacted as that part has already been done. Asked about arrest in 2014. Informed that it may or may not require an interview.
    September 20 License issued. Called Miramichi and received my PAL number. Initiated transfer for an AR15 & my P226 Legion. Finally!

Day 48 or something? Not bad at all considering I had a hit on my background check for an arrest. Hoping my restricted transfers don't take too long!
    How did they let you do that (initiate a transfer I mean) . I tried to do the same thing and the lady yelled at me like I was a criminal. The lady was even cranky I wanted the licence number to go join my local gun club.

Can it really all just be luck of the draw with who you talk to?

How long after seeing "licence issued" are people typically seeing until they receive their licence in the mail? Are they pretty quick on printing and mailing the card.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgellis View Post
    How long after seeing "licence issued" are people typically seeing until they receive their licence in the mail? Are they pretty quick on printing and mailing the card.
    The cards are only mailed out on Fridays.

CGN frequent flyer
    Mine was approved on Thursday so presumably mailed out the next morning. It showed up exactly one week from approval so six days shipping. FYI I live in Calgary, Alberta so quite far from miramichi

Here's to hoping mine was mailed out then. I'm pumped to take my purchase home with me.

CGN frequent flyer
    It was really exciting taking my first purchase home

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hamilton View Post
    New here. But my application with pic and stamped results arrived in miramichi last Tuesday Hopefully I had everything correct.

I had my test results stamped in the mail about 16 days after doing the course so I sent it all at once.
    As of today I have nothing showing up online when I check.

I know they received the entire application with everything sep 11. So not sure when to see accepted online..??

It took from August 3rd when they received my application until Aug 15 for it to show up online.

Be patient.

Cool. Thanks. Read so much about timeline. Wait period. Call. Not call lol.