Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Walther PPQ in 9 mm with non-threaded barrel

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by padawan View Post
    Not sure i understand the Rant here. You were well aware that the PPQ came with the Threaded barrel. If you didn't want the threaded barrel, you might've considered asking these questions before you decided to purchase the Walther.

However, why can't someone import a factory Walther P99 barrel in for you? Just because Wolverine doesn't want to, i'm sure there is another forum sponsor willing to do it.
    I am not bitching about the fact that the PPQ came with a threaded barrel, we knew about it.All we want so far, is an answer to our question...which is : is the P99 barrel compatible with the PPQ ? if yes, can you import a p99 barrel in 9mm at 106 mm, which exists. You sell a product, you support it. If they refuse to do so, well, I'll sell the bugger and that will my last ever walther product.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer padawan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vickers vanguard View Post
    I am not bitching about the fact that the PPQ came with a threaded barrel, we knew about it.All we want so far, is an answer to our question...which is : is the P99 barrel compatible with the PPQ ? if yes, can you import a p99 barrel in 9mm at 106 mm, which exists. You sell a product, you support it. If they refuse to do so, well, I'll sell the bugger and that will my last ever walther product.
    Yes, i understand that.

The bigger question is how can you reg the PPQ in Canada with the 106mm barrel, when clearly they are not. Is that even legal?
    Poly is pissed eh...behold my field of f*cks..and see that it is bare!!

Murph83

CGN Regular
    I'll find out Monday from the folks at CFRAM, if at least they can shorten the barrel to the legal limit (i.e 106mm)........and I'll keep you posted

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by padawan View Post
    Not sure i understand the Rant here. You were well aware that the PPQ came with the Threaded barrel. If you didn't want the threaded barrel, you might've considered asking these questions before you decided to purchase the Walther.
    As for my case, I did not buy any Walther yet. I would buy the PPQ but I don't like the threaded barrel. This is why I have asked North Sylva many times, even via PM, about a PPQ with non-threaded barrel, exactly as the P99 AS is.

Just asked them to be able to make my option: Wait or forget about it and buy another handgun. It is an elementary obligation for a dealer to answer (the way they please) to inquiries on their trade.

why would you want non threaded?????? if you're going to appease the government with this stupid bull$hit it might as well be usefull....

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    why would you want non threaded?????? if you're going to appease the government with this stupid bull$hit it might as well be usefull....
    dude, it's not the thread that bothers people, it's the extra barrel sticking way out of the slide. It just happens, that most of that extra is the threaded portion. that's why we want to get rid of it....capiche ?

Quote Originally Posted by vickers vanguard View Post
    dude, it's not the thread that bothers people, it's the extra barrel sticking way out of the slide. It just happens, that most of that extra is the threaded portion. that's why we want to get rid of it....capiche ?
    Ahh, didn't realize it was longer than 106mm. My bad

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Ahh, didn't realize it was longer than 106mm. My bad
    wally, it's 118mm total

BANNED
    I am more bothered by the sleeve of a threaded barrel. I feel like I am shooting something like this:

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gundoggy's Avatar
    P99 barrel and ppq barrel appear to be identical in breech end. Fits ok too. Some threads in Walther Forum suggest they are interchangeable

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast