Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Walther PPQ in 9 mm with non-threaded barrel

Quote Originally Posted by Gundoggy View Post
    P99 barrel and ppq barrel appear to be identical in breech end. Fits ok too. Some threads in Walther Forum suggest they are interchangeable
    Perhaps an astute dealer could measure interest and judge viability of getting these barrels in. Questar does this sort of thing from time to time.

CGN Regular
    as planned , I went to see the Gunsmith at CRAFM yesterday to figure out what can be done with the threaded barrel. Crafm personnel were very helpful, and Tara called the firearm center to inquire about how much metal we can trim from the barrel, and also what was up with my registration certificate, which says the barrel is 106 mm........!!!!! we didn't know whether it was a mistake from their part or something else.
    What she was told was that, yeh we could go ahead and trim the barrel.............without amending the registration (it's already 106 mm on the paper ) ???????? WTF ?????. However, the Gunsmith tells me that the barrel length is not 118mm as walther says, but more like 114mm. Why ? it's because of the way they measure the barrel. If you start at the barrel throat ( don't know if I can call it like that ), it's 114mm. If you measure the barrel including the lug, it comes to 118mm. They're saying that we have to start at the throat, therefore, we can only trim 8mm instead of 12 mm as I initially thought. 8mm will not get rid of the whole threaded area, 12mm would have. That's where we are right now.
    For those that are a little more experts, can you find out how walther measure the barrel versus how the firearm center does it ?
    also, those who own a PPQ, what's the barrel length on your registration certificate ?
    When Tara looked up the FRT database, the PPQ isn't even listed, make me wonder if the firearm center or the province had used the P99 instead of the PPQ.....I don't even know who does what.......

Mine says 106mm, how about just getting a fake sound suppressor instead lol

For those thinking to drop a P99 barrel in your PPQ, I tried to install a P99 barrel in a PPQ last night. The barrel will fit into the slide, but the action will NOT cycle with the P99 barrel installed. The barrel in not identical and is binding on something.

Thanks,

what about restricted ppk?
    Canadian Gun Rights:

"That the Subjects which are Protestants may have Arms for their Defence suitable to their Conditions and as allowed by Law." -- English Bill of Rights 1689

CGN frequent flyer
    So North Sylva, will you import the new 9mm PPQ M2 with the 106mm barrel like you do with the 9mm AS model?
    I would sure buy it with the 106mm barrel but with the threaded 118mm barrel :no way !

There seems to be quite a few people who want it with the 106mm barrel.
    Last edited by McCoy; 02-01-2013 at 03:42 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
    So North Sylva, will you import the 9mm PPQ with the 106mm barrel like you do with the 9mm AS model?
    I would sure buy it with the 106mm barrel but with the threaded 118mm barrel :no way !

There seems to be quite a few people who want it with the 106mm barrel.
    I'd buy one

I will take one as well
    "There is no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."

I would love to get my hands on one as well. I know that the new PPQ M2 models are being made available in February, in the states. Any idea when they will be made available up here?

Dont like how the M2s dont have the paddle mag release!
    "There is no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast