Walther PPQ in 9 mm with non-threaded barrel

CristianM

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hi North Sylva,

Please, is there any dealer selling Walther PPQ in 9 mm with non-threaded barrel (something like the P99 AS has, just protruding out of the slide to be Canada legal)?

If there isn't yet any PPQ in this configuration, then do you plan to import it? When?

Thanks

In order for the PPQ barrel to be legal in Canada, it has to be the Navy with the threaded barrel.
There is no other option from Walther.

However, you can put the P99 barrel in if you can find one. Or you can wait for the PPQ
.40 S&W to arrive. No threaded barrel and Canadian legal.

it's funny but my registration certificate says barrel length 106 mm ! wtf ? I've asked on this forum if I could have the barrel shortened to the legal limit by a gun smith, but nobody could give me the answer.

There is no other option from Walther.

However, you can put the P99 barrel in if you can find one.

So, these are questions where we need North Sylva to answer:

1. At this stage, is there any Canadian legal 9 mm PPQ with no threaded barrel? If not, then will Walther make it and North Sylva import it?

2. Does North Sylva import 106 mm P 99 barrels in 9 mm that could be installed in a Navy PPQ?

I have addressed questions on this topic via PM as well to North Sylva and got no answers on the 9 mm PPQs. I don't understand North Sylva's behaviour.

it's funny but my registration certificate says barrel length 106 mm ! wtf ? I've asked on this forum if I could have the barrel shortened to the legal limit by a gun smith, but nobody could give me the answer.

This thread has your answer.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539943&highlight=barrel+shortening

thanks for the link R005t3R, I called CFRAM and they told me to call back on Monday to talk to the gunsmith himself. But they did confirm that they do shorten pistol barrel and reregister the gun afterwards. I'll wait until monday to find out, and i'll keep you posted.

Dsiwy, I emailed Wolverine asking if Theu could order a P99 barrel and I was told negative !

I have addressed questions on this topic via PM as well to North Sylva and got no answers on the 9 mm PPQs. I don't understand North Sylva's behaviour.

I don't understand it either, it's like we don't give a F*&^K !. We have the monopoly, take it as is or leave it. Wonder why people don't often buy Walther .....despite being excellent products

I don't understand it either, it's like we don't give a F*&^K !. We have the monopoly, take it as is or leave it. Wonder why people don't often buy Walther .....despite being excellent products

Not sure i understand the Rant here. You were well aware that the PPQ came with the Threaded barrel. If you didn't want the threaded barrel, you might've considered asking these questions before you decided to purchase the Walther.

So, now you find out that it's near impossible to get one with a shorter barrel, and in all likelihood Walther won't be making one for our Canadian market with the 500 owners of the PPQ in this Country. I couldn't live with the barrel, so i opted not to buy it. And making a change to the barrel would be cost prohibitive.

However, why can't someone import a factory Walther P99 barrel in for you? Just because Wolverine doesn't want to, i'm sure there is another forum sponsor willing to do it.

Not sure i understand the Rant here. You were well aware that the PPQ came with the Threaded barrel. If you didn't want the threaded barrel, you might've considered asking these questions before you decided to purchase the Walther.

However, why can't someone import a factory Walther P99 barrel in for you? Just because Wolverine doesn't want to, i'm sure there is another forum sponsor willing to do it.

I am not #####ing about the fact that the PPQ came with a threaded barrel, we knew about it.All we want so far, is an answer to our question...which is : is the P99 barrel compatible with the PPQ ? if yes, can you import a p99 barrel in 9mm at 106 mm, which exists. You sell a product, you support it. If they refuse to do so, well, I'll sell the bugger and that will my last ever walther product.

I am not #####ing about the fact that the PPQ came with a threaded barrel, we knew about it.All we want so far, is an answer to our question...which is : is the P99 barrel compatible with the PPQ ? if yes, can you import a p99 barrel in 9mm at 106 mm, which exists. You sell a product, you support it. If they refuse to do so, well, I'll sell the bugger and that will my last ever walther product.

Yes, i understand that.

The bigger question is how can you reg the PPQ in Canada with the 106mm barrel, when clearly they are not. Is that even legal?

As for my case, I did not buy any Walther yet. I would buy the PPQ but I don't like the threaded barrel. This is why I have asked North Sylva many times, even via PM,d:h: about a PPQ with non-threaded barrel, exactly as the P99 AS is.

Just asked them to be able to make my option: Wait or forget about it and buy another handgun. It is an elementary obligation for a dealer to answer (the way they please) to inquiries on their trade.:HFU:

why would you want non threaded?????? if you're going to appease the government with this stupid bull$hit it might as well be usefull....

why would you want non threaded?????? if you're going to appease the government with this stupid bull$hit it might as well be usefull....
dude, it's not the thread that bothers people, it's the extra barrel sticking way out of the slide. It just happens, that most of that extra is the threaded portion. that's why we want to get rid of it....capiche ?

dude, it's not the thread that bothers people, it's the extra barrel sticking way out of the slide. It just happens, that most of that extra is the threaded portion. that's why we want to get rid of it....capiche ?
Ahh, didn't realize it was longer than 106mm. My bad

I am more bothered by the sleeve of a threaded barrel. I feel like I am shooting something like this:

tool.jpg

P99 barrel and ppq barrel appear to be identical in breech end. Fits ok too. Some threads in Walther Forum suggest they are interchangeable

Back
Top Bottom