Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ISSC Mk 22 rifle and dealing with Jeff Chow

If I spend that amount of money on a 'new' toy....maybe other than strip/clean it.....there is no way I should have to be going anywhere, buy anyting, or do anything to it to address any issue.

Coach

p.s. to the op good luck in rectifying the issue

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post
    Yes, but it speaks volumes as to the design/quality in the first place.
    It does but it is a very simple and easy fix to eliviate headaches
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    This has been old news on them for about a year now guys.
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Mk 22

My son got one of these a few months ago. Its been to the range 3-4 times and 500 - 1000 rounds through it. Last time he went to clean it there was a rattle. Took it apart and the vertical 108 screw had come loose. Put it back tighened it up and thought maybe it just happened. Now that I read all this I will be taking it apart and puting some lock tight on them. Its a bit of a pain but not difficult. Maybe 30 minits to do it at the most.
    Its unfortunate that a new gun this expensive has a production issue. The stores should be supported by the manufacturer so they can keep the customer happy.

Just my opinion.

Rick

CGN Regular
    how is the rifle itself? does it feel nice or feels like junk?

I tried one out. Feels like ####. ergonomics leave alot to be desired.
    Not worth that kind of coin. Not like my opinion is going to change anyones mind on buying one of these, just do yourself a favour, and at least handle and/or fire someone elses first.
    This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defence. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental. *John Steinbeck*

Quote Originally Posted by Vario View Post
    how is the rifle itself? does it feel nice or feels like junk?
    Myself, and a few friends, tried one out at a gun store. Glad I didn't order it before seeing it in person. It feels like a plastic airsoft rifle, creaking and squeaking at every movement. Ergonomics were horrible, selector switch/safety was in an awkward position, stock didn't extend far enough back for people that are manly sized (I'm 6'4"), was difficult to release the magazine, we had trouble even putting the magazine into the gun.

Would be a cool gun if it were $200-$300, but $600+...hell no.

Mk 22

The rifle does have a definate plastic feel. Butt is adjustible but that makes it a little wobbley. You need high scope mounts or a scope riser to get an average size scope on it.
    Not realy my cup of tea but my son likes it.

Not what I want in a new toy going to stay with Ruger for now

Quote Originally Posted by Colin181 View Post
    I picked up a Issc mk22 rifle and same as most people got a few Rnds off till the two hex screw came lose. (part #108) and was getting FTF And FTE

Mr. Jeff Chow tells me he will send out a repair kit right away. After waiting a few weeks and a few phone calls he tells me he will send out the kit again.

Seem odd to me the customer has to do his on warranty work?

Get the kit and read the list of parts and the two #108 hex screws are on back order. No locktite issue to the stop the screws from working them selfs free and doing damage. They want you to go and buy the locktite.

And the repare kit comes with a new hammer spring and firing pin but no tool to take the bolt apart. Once againg they expect you to have the tools and do thier warranty work for them.

If you are thinking about one of these ISSC Mk22 rifes DON'T DO IT run as fast as you can. You will have more down time waiting for a repair kit to come and back ordered parts.

Call the office and you get we will call you right away and never hear from them.

For a $700 rifle you would think you are getting a cool little plinker but no you are getting junk and a work project with litte to no help from the store that sold it to you are ISSC service/warranty.

Mr. Chow give me a call when or if you get the parts in because the rifle is going back to you for the warranty work to be done. Please just give me my money back and lets just part ways.

This is not how to run a firearms company!

One pissed off ISSC mk22 owner.

Colin

It's no secret now that the first run of ISSC MKII's had some issues.

Since then, The factory has made a few minor improvements and that has since taken care of most of the issues.

Repairs kit have been made available to those with the original guns. Most of which request the kits to be shipped to them to install themselves.

Your more than welcome to bring back your gun to your point of purchase to have it sent back to us for warranty work. It will be shipped back to you as soon as possible.

Jeff is a full time customer service rep for us. He has helped a countless number of gun nutz with parts, and service issues. It is truly a thankless job.
    Please consider that before starting a rant and singling him out, especially given the tone of your initial correspondence.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12