Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Fall Truck Sale Event!!!

I got 2 cases of MFS .223 at that price I couldnt pass it up. If it wernt for me needing some other things 4 more cases would have followed me home.

I grabbed a set of those earmuff that were on sale... great deal.. and they work great too.

CGN Regular
    Unfortunately, I left empty handed. The advertising used was misleading and border-line bait and switch pricing. The ad in the Toronto Sun earlier in the week advertised $5 a box for MFS .223 ($250 a case). When I showed up, apparently the price has increase to $5.99 This was the same for the 9mm and the 45 ACP. The gentleman I spoke to said "oh, that was our cost price, we printed a retraction".

I work in merchandising and when we make mistakes, we honour them. Especially in a situation where we aren't losing money. Companies sell at or below cost all the time an d advertise it. Its called loss-leaders. If we can't honour it, we go out of our way to make it be known to the customer that the price has changed with as much notice as possible. In this case, the majority of advertising and customers come from this forum, so a heads up would have been appreciated.

I went back and found another copy of the Sun later in the week and there was an identical ad printed with just changes to the price. Hardly a retraction. In fact, the MFS went from $5ea to $5.99 but at quick glance, the subscript for the :ea" and ".99" looked very similar!

Sorry guys, not a good experience for my first time coming in... which is the main point of having great prices advertised at or near cost: to bring in NEW customers.

Contributing Dealer Target Sports Center's Avatar
    X400 Surefire Light & Laser combination - $595.00 less 15%
    600C-BK Surefire 200 Lumen Weapons Light - $425.00 less 15%
    M720V-BK SF Weapons Light - $795.00 less 15%
    M620C-BK SF Weapons Light - $525.00 less 15%
    UB3T-Invictus - $695.00 less 15%
    Surefire 318LM/3 Volt 870 Remington - $370.00 less 15%

*Limited to stock on hand*

Shipping & Tax not included
    Target Sports Canada
    905-888-8288 Phone
    905-888-8688 Fax
    RANGE/STORE HOURS

• MONDAY-SATURDAY 10AM-9PM
    • SUNDAY & HOLIDAYS 10AM-6PM

[b]info@targetsportscanada.com

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo9845 View Post
    Unfortunately, I left empty handed. The advertising used was misleading and border-line bait and switch pricing. ....
    I can understand however:

1) We ran the ad all week and we realized at day 1 that the prices were wrong so we made the changes for day 2-6 of the publication.

2) The wrong prices were actually below our cost so we needed to address them promptly.

I apologize if you feel slighted. However that was not my intention and since we corrected the pricing right away, it was my decision not to honour the first published price.

Sincerely,

JR
    Owner - Target Sports
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Silverback's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    seeing no prices on the website??? guess this is an in-store sale, us westerners are out of luck
    I bookmarked this thread two weeks ago for no reason I guess, I see that on 11 Sept (post #42) there is a copy of the add saying no phone or internet orders, that would have been a good thing to put on the first post. Must be nice to own a business that can survive without online orders, I guess they never need my sales.
    CSSA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    I bookmarked this thread two weeks ago for no reason I guess, I see that on 11 Sept (post #42) there is a copy of the add saying no phone or internet orders, that would have been a good thing to put on the first post. Must be nice to own a business that can survive without online orders, I guess they never need my sales.
    I guess it's their business and their choice whether they want to get into the hassle of shipping items that they are selling slightly above cost, to customers who live far away and are unlikely to come in and order other stuff in the future. Without being an expert, it doesn't seem to make good business sense .

It's not like they won't sell out to local buyers at those prices.
    Last edited by TJspeller; 09-15-2012 at 10:58 PM.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

CGN Regular
    I went on both days and spent money on both days. :D

Got to drool over the SAPR, very cool!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    Yup this sale was for locals only....not sure why it was hyped up on the world wide web......

Yup ... locals get the deals... Location,, location...
    Don't worry about it, you'll just get a headache