Ruger sr1911 back in stock! Wow

Just sold mine on the EE actually... For me, great gun but I'm not the 1911 guy I was hoping to be! More of an impulse buy that I thankfully could afford but figured someone else should enjoy it since I wasn't shooting it. I didn't find mine to rattle really at all. The trigger has a bit of side to side play but nothing major or anything that I'd consider a 'problem' at all. Everything on it appeared solid and well made, great fit and finish. Obviously not on par with Nighthawk, Les Baer etc. of course but for the $$, A++++

EDIT: I did not originally get mine at Epps if anyone wonders

Last edited:
9/10 are sold on epps website. SR1911 is a solid gun, when I shot it the first time, I was impressed with it. Some people didn't like the stainless finish as it is not a true USGI black/blue look. Long waiting list everywhere, only a few showed up in BC this year. Hopefully Ruger can keep up with the demand and lower the price more. I might go ahead and buy 1 more.

Last edited:
Hopefully, Ruger will also do SR1911 in .40 cal or 9mm. Nothing major to change since they have the platform to start with. Only the barrel, extractor, magazine plus bits and pieces for fit and functionality. I saw one in TX last July and it looks solid.

9/10 are sold on epps website. SR1911 is a solid gun, when I shot it the first time, I was impressed with it. Some people didn't like the stainless finish as it is not a true USGI black/blue look. Long waiting list everywhere, only a few showed up in BC this year. Hopefully Ruger can keep up with the demand and lower the price more. I might go ahead and buy 1 more.

Only thing loose on them is the trigger which has some play side to side. Absolutely nothing wrong with the SR1911 ... its cheaper to get another trigger and fit it than to spend 3-4 hundred on a diff 1911 and still have other issues to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom