Thread: Anyone know when Eastern Ontario Shooting Club will accept new members?

Anyone know when Eastern Ontario Shooting Club will accept new members?

I been waiting since the end of July. I have sent in a couple of emails and only received comfirmation that I am on the mailing list. Which they will send out once a new safety course will be run.

Hope it will be soon.

Quote Originally Posted by techwiz3100 View Post
    I been waiting since the end of July. I have sent in a couple of emails and only received comfirmation that I am on the mailing list. Which they will send out once a new safety course will be run.

Hope it will be soon.
    Do you mean the Eastern Ontario Handgun Club east of Ottawa, at Cheney?

If so, google the Club and you should find out who to contact.

As well there are a goodly number CGNers who belong. Perhaps someone will see this and give tou , more specifia information.

Good Luck.
    A Prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves.-- Machiavelli'
    RIP RCAF FO. Howard Green, just 18 years old, July 1940. A loss to the World!

We just changed our name a few weeks back to EOSC (Eastern Ontario Shooting Club). I am not sure when we are running the next course.
    EOSC Member Since 2012
    EOSC IDPA
    CCFR Member
    CSSA Member

Ok Thanks, I will keep waiting for the email.

I heard at the AGM there are ton of people waiting to joing so I would imagine a course is coming up soon.
    EOSC Member Since 2012
    EOSC IDPA
    CCFR Member
    CSSA Member

Update,

Got an email saying my name was switched over to the new waiting list.

My husband and I are having the exact same issue. We've sent emails out to the contacts on both the old and new websites and get blanket formed responses only about us being on a waiting list. My husband went to the club one night that the old web site said was a cowboy action shooting night open to the public to view (this is what I have been wanting to try for quite some time) where he met a member there who mentionned the web site had the wrong information posted. They chatted for a bit and the man told my husband to email him as he would let him know about upcoming courses and the likes. After 2 attempts over a month at emailing all we've heard back were again blanket statements. Last time we sent an email to the general email box it was full and the phone number has been down for a bit. Is this club taking new members or is it an exclusive boys club where they accept friends of current members only? I have heard it is the best range in the Ottawa area which is why we've been so keen on joining and checking it out, but so far we have had no luck at all in hearing about where things are at in terms of a new course. All I"ve found so far is the last one was in June 2012 and that was through google searches so I assume we were not on that waiting list.

Hi all, there are 2 more new members`courses left for 2013 at EOSC so if interested please sign up on their web page. They will resume from Jan - Mar 2014 and that`s it for the 2014 season.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Miaugi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikkitta View Post
    Hi all, there are 2 more new members`courses left for 2013 at EOSC so if interested please sign up on their web page. They will resume from Jan - Mar 2014 and that`s it for the 2014 season.
    Good to know thanks!