Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi Point In Stock

I read a couple out of the States. Most common comments were its ugly as sin, heavy but functions well for the price and is reasonably accurate. The most detailed review I found suggested it would be suitable for home defence or plinking but it's definitely not a competition gun.

There are videos on youtube of it being put through hell and waltzing right through it. Seems to be built like a tank...a crude, ugly, plastic tank.

Some reviews were bad but some said the gun was very good to excellent so maybe it depends on the one you get. For one thing the price is unreal, so if you get a good one you're way ahead of the game. It looks a little different but then again beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right? I'm comforted by the fact that Wolverine is selling them and they don't sell junk. As for the home defense thing, my .357 Ruger GP 100 rules the roost. Carry on!
    Gun Control: A child's idea of a safe society.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    With some sort of stock the pistol might make a decent pdw.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Any chance of getting this in a 45 instead of a 40 in the near future

I'd take a .45 also.
    Gun Control: A child's idea of a safe society.

Are there any of these Hi-Point JCP Pistols left in stock? Can't locate them on your website to order one.
    "You've Got To Be Tough, If You're Going To Be Stupid"

"'The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."' - Wayne LaPierre (CEO NRA)

Back in the spring time I made a trip up to Epps and while there I checked out the Hi Point 9mm carbine. I figured for $380 + tax, wtf we'll give'r a try. Between my gf and I, we've shot 2000 rounds through it and had no issues other than a few handfuls of failure to feeds, half of which I blame on the cheap ammo I feed it. Its been a great plinker for us so far.......I just wish I could shoot it as well as she does...LoL!!

Quote Originally Posted by banditos View Post
    Some reviews were bad but some said the gun was very good to excellent so maybe it depends on the one you get.
    I think it does. The good news is that Hi Point really seems to take their warranty really seriously, so you can always get it repaired.

What about the XCRs ,when are they coming in.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast