16 round Shotgun SRM 1216

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see if/when they will be on the Canadian market..... I like the statement of 4x4 magazines..... i.e. legal in Canada (for now)

Thanks Cadgo

We are still learning the Canadian firearm rules and talking with officials there about shipping our shotguns.

California has strict gun laws too and a magazine round limit that our exceeds too, however, our magazine is counted as 4 separate magazines because you have to manually index it.

I'll keep you guys updated with this as I learn more.

Is it just me, or does this ruling make no sense?

It's like saying if you glued 2 Lar-15 magazines together, it becomes one magazine and the total capacity now exceeds the 10 round limit for handgun magazines.

It isn't appealable, but the CFC's opinion isn't legally binding. If someone was caught with one in Canada, it would be up to the court to decide whether this is truely a prohibited device.

Is it just me, or does this ruling make no sense?

It's like saying if you glued 2 Lar-15 magazines together, it becomes one magazine and the total capacity now exceeds the 10 round limit for handgun magazines.

It isn't appealable, but the CFC's opinion isn't legally binding. If someone was caught with one in Canada, it would be up to the court to decide whether this is truely a prohibited device.

You are talking about attaching two mags together vs building one large unified piece. Apples to oranges.

My apologies for posting on another dealers forum but as they are not selling these guns I don' think I am treading on anyone's toes.

We imported two of these shotguns a few years ago and presented an argument to the RCMP SFSS as to why the magazine should be legal. I was congratulated on making a good effort with my arguments, but told no, the 12/16 mag was prohibited. The fact that SRM advertised their shotgun as having a 16 rd mag did not help. I designed a 16 rd mag for this shotgun with 4 separate 4 rd tubes but SRM were not interested in the development of a new mag for our market (Canada) and this would also highlight mag couplers. I chose not to pursue it as it would bring into question "mag couplers" an area that quote "had not been legislated". Sometimes it is better to let sleeping dogs lie.

For what it is worth I like the shotgun, I have two here, NIB each with a spare mag (Pinned to 5rds) please e-mail Wolverine if interested, I am selling at my cost as this is another R&D effort for a project that never flew!

Bummer. Too expensive for me anyways, but it would be nice to see ways around the silly mag capacity laws we have... Can we ask for a pistol version for 10rd mags!? Lol

I know this has been discussed before but I just find this to be ridiculous and have to vent anyways.
The RCMP ruling on this doesn't make any sense. Once 4 shots are done then you have to MANUALLY rotate to the next mag(tube) of 4 rounds. To me that is a mag limit restricted to 4 rounds. How is that any different then inserting a new 4 round mag hanging off of a stock mounted mag pouch on a standard mag fed semi auto shotgun? It is still a manual operation regardless of how you look at it.

I watched the hickok45 video and thought wow a cool non-res shotgun that can hold 16 rounds because only 4 are available without manually operating the firearm.... Then I thought this would be a great concept for a rifle that operates under similar principles. Now that this thread is revived I realize it's a victim of our no-sense firearms laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom