Thread: Mandatory information for firearms purchase

Mandatory information for firearms purchase

4 October 2012

Lately we have been receiving a large number of purchase requests from repeat customers. While this is great news from a retail standpoint, what we have been noticing is that the basic information required to complete any firearms purchase is not being included in those requests.

When the long gun registry was abolished in April of this year, the requirement still remained for the purchaser of any firearm to provide their PAL license information to confirm that sale. This is mandated by the RCMP as the sole acceptable means of ensuring that a firearm sale or transfer is completed to the proper buyer, and that the buyer is legally entitled to purchase and possess firearms.

If you are a returning customer to our store and are looking to purchase any firearm from Ellwood Epps (or from any other vendor), please make certain to include your FULL NAME, your PAL license number, and any CHANGE OF ADDRESS/TELEPHONE NUMBER as required.

Ideally, we would ask that every online purchase be accompanied by a copy of our electronic order form so that we can work to minimize any errors with those purchases.

We are working toward a new website that will include the ability to purchase firearms online. When this system becomes available it should eliminate the need for the order form, which many of you have lamented over due to the complexity of its use. However, until that new website rolls out, the order form is our best method for ensuring sales are received and completed properly.

If you are having difficulty with the order form, we will also accept your purchase request in standard E-mail format, providing the required information is contained in that packet.

And again, if you are not comfortable including your credit card information in an E-mail, simply contact our store by telephone and either provide that information to one of our salesmen, or place the order in its entirety by this method.

Your continued cooperation is very much appreciated.

Ellwood Epps
    info@ellwoodepps.com
    Due to the current health situation, our store is closed to walk-in traffic. We are allowing pick-ups of pre-paid orders from our front door from 10.00 AM until 4.00 PM from Tuesdays through Sundays only.

Customers are advised to call ahead before attending our store to make certain their orders are ready for pick up.

Please ring the doorbell located there to summon our staff to assist you when you do arrive at our store.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dand883's Avatar
    Good to hear about the new site, should streamline things quite a bit, any idea when you expect it to be running?

We were gunning (pardon the pun!) for a September start date, but we have run into a few issues with the E-Commerce end of things, so the roll-out has been delayed. Likely looking at a post-hunt season unveiling at this point. No definite dates available, but keep an eye on the site to see what changes are being made!
    If gun owners in this country were truly a threat, do you really think our politicians would have lasted this long??

Nice. I love your site / store. but ti would be nice if the list of available guns was easier to use and or had pictures. Its a bit of a pain in the butt to go threw 7 pages of rifles looking for the ones you want to buy. Plus they are not in alaphebitacal order.

I was considering ordering a bushmaster AR from you a while back. But there were no pictures of the modles available and couldn't really look them up on the bushmaster site with the info in the description, so I didn't order anything.

The pictures-on-the-website issue is still one that we are working on. I don't expect to see that change in the immediate future, but I am trying to convince management that we should at least have links to the photos on the manufacturer's website for reference. Keep your fingers crossed!
    If gun owners in this country were truly a threat, do you really think our politicians would have lasted this long??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy_bullpoo View Post
    Nice. I love your site / store. but ti would be nice if the list of available guns was easier to use and or had pictures. Its a bit of a pain in the butt to go threw 7 pages of rifles looking for the ones you want to buy. Plus they are not in alaphebitacal order.

I was considering ordering a bushmaster AR from you a while back. But there were no pictures of the modles available and couldn't really look them up on the bushmaster site with the info in the description, so I didn't order anything.

I think photos are more valuable for used guns to see the condition. I've never had any issues looking up a model of gun online when it's a current model. Having said that, I don't understand why (again, talking used) all the guns aren't at least broken down by model. Would be great to have a search function that would function with something as little as "870" or ".223" Even on CGN...that doesn't work! I should also mention~the last 2 guns I bought were from Epps, and they've been great about sending me photos of guns (new or used) when I've asked. Has only taken a day or so.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Have a "new to the store" section would be great. I browse your gun list fairly frequently, and >90% of what I see this week, I saw 2 weeks ago, and 2 weeks before that. If something new and sexy came in I would be able to see it much more quickly if I only had to browse the list of what was new in the last few weeks. A lot of retailers have this feature in their web site.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

[QUOTE=Harrier .45;7750684]The pictures-on-the-website issue is still one that we are working on. I don't expect to see that change in the immediate future, but I am trying to convince management that we should at least have links to the photos on the manufacturer's website for reference. Keep your fingers crossed![/QUOTE

I was trying to find a pic of the bushmaster ar's you have. When I google'd the model number on your all i got was links back to your site. And when I looked on the bushmaster website, there were no products with the same description.

No biggie. You guys have great stock and great prices.

I might drive up tomorrow and grab a Mossberg .22