Important Message about Knight's Armament Warranty and Servicing

One Shot Tactical Inc.

Sponsoring Business
Business Member
We would like to bring this to the attention of all Knight's Armament (KAC) owners and prospective buyers.

One Shot Tactical Inc cannot and will not warranty any items that are not distributed in Canada by us.

An issue today has brought this to light and we hope to prevent similar disappointment should a Knight's product require warranty or servicing.

All KAC products are International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) controlled and thus we require the original importation paperwork when shipping these items back and forth across the border. If we don't have the paperwork we cannot legally send items back to KAC under any circumstances.

Sending illegally exported/imported items across the border puts both One Shot Tactical and Knight's Armament at risk of fines, export/import license being revoked and possible jail time.

For One Shot Tactical to process legally exported items we must have a copy of the original paperwork showing that it was imported thru One Shot Tactical thus we cannot process any item that was legally exported via a third party.

If in doubt, please contact us and we'll point you in the direction of an authorized Knight's Armament dealer.

Last edited:
After spending a day working to sort out a possible warranty issue yesterday, even those items legally exported/imported by a third party would be extremely difficult to do. It also requires that third party to give us their import/export paperwork, showing the US dealer they bought from and prices they paid.

I doubt that any company would give up their sources when they are circumventing exclusive agreements.

Yesterdays issue though, it seems that the item was illegally exported/imported which give us zero chance of doing anything.

You buy from a distributor for a reason: because they have the resources to take care of you. If you're buying from somewhere else, its unreasonable to ask that same distributor to look after things.

I seem to recall Korth Group having to do the same thing in regards to Leupold rifle scopes and optics.

or that the other companies selling KAC on here are going through the grey market, i ll leave that to you to figure out but theres one in particular thats rather well known for doing this and its not OSTS

Since this is more relevant now. BTT

Also note that KAC WILL NOT warranty any products that did not come through us.

since your the exclusive, why not complain to kac and stop them, they are a boutique firm anyway and every gun that someone else imports is one less gun avaliable to you, impeding your right and infringing on your written contract with kac, this is money out of your wallet.

since your the exclusive, why not complain to kac and stop them, they are a boutique firm anyway and every gun that someone else imports is one less gun avaliable to you, impeding your right and infringing on your written contract with kac, this is money out of your wallet.

We've been through this before with others. It's been written into US dealer/distributor agreements as well.

KAC does not authorize US Dealers or distributors to export our products to Canada. It is a violation of KAC Dealer/Distributor agreements.

KAC will NOT warrantee items that are acquired outside official channels

interesting, i see one dealer who commented in his thread they will be exporting items back to usa to receive warrenty work to circumvent that....

interesting, i see one dealer who commented in his thread they will be exporting items back to usa to receive warrenty work to circumvent that....

So the guy buying a grey market product through that firm is relying on there being in business down the road if he should have an issue...

Good to know although it seemed fairly obvious that you guys shouldn't be expected to service products bought from another company. Also part of the reason people would buy from oneshot tactical is good customer service. I always consider that when buying something. Often it's worth paying a bit extra.

Now that being said competition is a good thing for consumers. It keeps prices down while monopolies as seen in Canada often keep prices high.

Back
Top Bottom