Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: History of the m14s/m305 from Marstar- John, how about filling us in?

and the wait continues, if I was a betting man, and I am not, unless you count the odd lottery ticket, I'd say you will see the M14 m305 in by June 2013. I will repeat I am not taking any bets on this just my guess. Go Notre Dame Go

I have one that I bought in 2002 from P&D for $695 if memory serves me correct , Marstar didn't have any (did Marstar supply them ?) that is stamped
    M14 .308
    CJA SFLD MICH
    NORINCO MADE IN CHINA 006xxx
    Great rifle . I scoped it and used it moose hunting one year . Took down my moose at near 300 yds . Can't beat that . It's just like the one canuck has in his post but with the Chu wood and long slotted flash hider . Gotta love this rifle .
    Can anyone give me some history on this from the info I've given , production date for instance ?
    All the best
    " It was a magnificent display of trained and disciplined valour , and its assault only failed of success because dead men can advance no further . "
    ( General de Lisle -29 Div comments on the NFLD Regiments Beaumont-Hamel advance on July 1 , 1916 )

Quote Originally Posted by skully View Post
    I have one that I bought in 2002 from P&D for $695 if memory serves me correct , Marstar didn't have any (did Marstar supply them ?) that is stamped
    M14 .308
    CJA SFLD MICH
    NORINCO MADE IN CHINA 006xxx
    Great rifle . I scoped it and used it moose hunting one year . Took down my moose at near 300 yds . Can't beat that . It's just like the one canuck has in his post but with the Chu wood and long slotted flash hider . Gotta love this rifle .
    Can anyone give me some history on this from the info I've given , production date for instance ?
    All the best
    CJA = "China Jing An"
    "They went with songs to the battle, they were young,
    Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.
    They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted;
    They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning
    We will remember them."

-Laurence Binyon "For The Fallen"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t-star View Post
    well, i have one from way back when that's marked AL 000xxx- al stands for ALAN LEVER- that would be back about 88 or so- it's a BLUED number, and you can see where the bayonet lug and the f/a selector switch were milled off- they also screwed with the scope mount hole to appease the americans
    Can you and others who have older models of the Norc M14's post some pics?!

I would love to see some pics of the '80's models as I have never laid eyes on one.

It would be much appreciated.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    i just sold receiver, serial number A000*0 to a member here, had no scope mount detail at all and a very slick finish. had the set screw hole and also had the hole in right side receiver lug like the usgi ones. maybe that member can post a pic or two.
    I also was fortunate enough to get my mitts on several unmarked chinese receivers as well as 2 other allan lever early imports with serial numbers under 00100 :D
    very cool thread

Thanks eos
    " It was a magnificent display of trained and disciplined valour , and its assault only failed of success because dead men can advance no further . "
    ( General de Lisle -29 Div comments on the NFLD Regiments Beaumont-Hamel advance on July 1 , 1916 )

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Any other site sponsors have any 305s in stock as marstar is sold out

Expired Business
    BIG MOE;

Long story short, We have a container of M-305 rifles being held in a foreign port snce earlt November, we are awaiting its release....
    John

Expired Business
    EOS; "CJA = "China Jing An" "

I hate to contradict you, these receivers were made for a Chinese based importer in Michigan, when the ban came up in the US and they could no longer ship there they were put in storage at the factory.... There were others as well....
    Years later we purchased thousnds of these receivers and had them built into rifles. for sale here in Canada
    John

del
    Last edited by granite; 12-30-2014 at 01:16 AM.