Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: TNW Aero Survival Rifle: Are you guys bringing these in?

Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    Guess you should sue JR then cause they must have stolen your idea ! :D
    Cork soakers!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TERMINATOR101CA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    To change calibres, do you replace the entire bolt, or just a small bolt head?
    At about 3 minutes in the video, he mentions the bolt and carrier, but at about 3;15 it looks like one big honking bolt.
    My idea of a clever quick swap system would be one bolt with several swap-able head inserts, cut to fit
    9x19, 40S&W, 45ACP, and perhaps even 7.62x25 Tok
    https://www.canadaammo.com/product/d...2280-rd-crate/
    (I'm not sure if the recoil impulse of x25 Tok is comparable to the other 3. Anyone know for sure?)
    The 7.62x25 are hot rounds and they pack a punch. Better than the 9x19 recoil.
    Kate Beckinsale :
    Quote Originally Posted by fireball View Post
    I'd love to look at her Underworld!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by smelly pete View Post
    And give it a lycan

Edited to comply per CGN Rules.
    Last edited by TheZreturns; 11-09-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheZreturns View Post

But my point of view is the same as yours. If you head to the range and change the barrel over there and after, you change it back to his non-restricted status when leaving the shooting range, you should be ok.
    It's only if you want to keep your restricted barrel on and leave the range with it, that you have 30 days to notify them:
    Edit: Mods don't want us talking about this.

Me, I don't really care about multiple barrels, or some silly backpack. Just get these selling in Canada for a sub $600 price tag and I will happy.
    Last edited by Moose308; 11-09-2012 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Moderators said so.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose308 View Post
    So, the way I read this is that the 30-day grace period is only really applicable to using the firearm at the range? In otherwords, this little quick barrel switcheroo from NR to R would not work in a hunting environment, since that's not the range, and you can't be off the range with an R?

Sort of puts the damper on the multi-barrel, some NR and some R, idea, at least in Canada.

Me, I don't really care about multiple barrels, or some silly backpack. Just get these selling in Canada for a sub $600 price tag and I will happy.
    That's why I understand too... Shooting restricted barrels at shooting ranges only, not on hunting or plinking at the local sand pit with friends!

BANNED
    Have fun in jail....

Quote Originally Posted by cadgo View Post
    Have fun in jail....
    Never seen anyone done some jail for a firearm status offence... This is not the case where jail would be the sentence.

Jail is more for negligent use of a firearm by rendering it a prohibited weapon or like when people are unpinning their capped magazines, or using supressors, or converting to full-auto, etc

And even then...

If the person don't have any priors, he would not do any jail and only lose his possession of firearms for 10 years (unrestricted) and for life (restricted)
    See: C.c Art.109 (2) a) ii) b) ( http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/a...-20030101.html )

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by TheZreturns View Post

Edited to comply per CGN Rules.
    Oh.... that soo much better. I have a problem with idiots giving terrible advice to other gun owners on a public forum. There is no situation in which a police officer sees you with an unregistered restricted firearm and you aren't arrested and charged.
    Last edited by kombayotch; 11-16-2012 at 02:02 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pres717's Avatar
    .40 cal and non-restricted... yes.
    "I like guns, I like the way they look,
    I like the shiny steel and the polished wood.
    I don´t care if they´re big or small,
    if they´re for sale, hell, I want´em all!
    I like guns, I like guns, I like guns!"
    (Steve Lee)

Quote Originally Posted by cadgo View Post
    Oh.... that soo much better. I have a problem with idiots giving terrible advice to other gun owners on a public forum. There is no situation in which a police officer sees you with an unregistered restricted firearm and you aren't arrested and charged.
    I don't think you're telling me I'm an idiot, don't you?

Oh and by the way, first sentence of the advice I gave to "haha49" was: "You should contact the CFC-RCMP as it's a grey section of the law."