Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: TNW Aero Survival Rifle: Are you guys bringing these in?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by TheZreturns View Post
    I don't think you're telling me I'm an idiot, don't you?

Oh and by the way, first sentence of the advice I gave to "haha49" was: "You should contact the CFC-RCMP as it's a grey section of the law."
    No, I didn't mean you or I would have said so.

Quote Originally Posted by cadgo View Post
    No, I didn't mean you or I would have said so.
    Allright. Good night!

As for the TNW Aero Rifle, do we know if it will be classified as a restricted or unrestricted rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by Vimy Ridge View Post
    x2...

Me ---> <--- TNW "that is correct" guy

Anyone know the barrel length on the one in the pic?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheZreturns View Post
    You should contact the CFC-RCMP as it's a grey section of the law.

For myself, I own a Ruger 10/22 with the Krinker Plinker kit on it:

As you can see, the rifle looks like a "AKS-74U Krinkov" and gets a folding stock and 2 barrels.
    One short barrel with a ½ x 28 tpi tread at the end of the barrel to fit the Krinkov Muzzlebrake or a fake can.
    Also there is a longer barrel that comes with the kit which you can also screw a fake can on it.

When I bought the kit, they included a little 10mm pin with a letter. In that letter it stated that for Canadian Customers, you have to install this pin permanently into the stock (so it stays open) if you want to install the shorter barrel so the firearm can stay Non-Restricted. As for the second barrel (the longer one), you can fold the stock, as even folded it is respecting the legal lenghts for non-restricted.

SO... Back in 2011, I talked with someone at the CFC-RCMP (Miramichi), they told me I have to pin the stock, if I want to install the shorter barrel so it stays non-restricted.
    If ever I wanted to have the short barrel WITH the folding stock working, I'll have to call them to change the status of the firearm from non-restricted to restricted...

From their Point Of View, even if you're shooting at the shooting club, the minute you install the shorter "restricted" barrel, your rifle becomes restricted and you have to advise the CFC-RCMP.

But my point of view is the same as yours. If you head to the range and change the barrel over there and after, you change it back to his non-restricted status when leaving the shooting range, you should be ok.
    It's only if you want to keep your restricted barrel on and leave the range with it, that you have 30 days to notify them:

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/r.../FullText.html
    You have 30 days to report it because They're not open 24 hours a day 7 days a week. If you changed it and it's a holiday or weekend you can't because there not open. They also close at 5:00pm your local time so if you call after your out of luck.. You would have to call another day just because you could do this and some people do doesn't mean I do it.

The video was annoying, but if nr and came at a reasonable price i wouldn't mind throwing one into the trunk.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonn View Post
    Anyone know the barrel length on the one in the pic?
    Most likely 16 inches for the American market.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    I want that green tiger striped one.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Halger280HVMag's Avatar
    From the CGN Rules.

Just sayin' Eh!

The following topics will not be tolerated. Violation will result in immediate and permanent suspension. Some quasi legal/ grey/downright illegal examples that are specifically not tolerated are:

Swapping non-restricted barrel for restricted barrel at gun range.

Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    You can legally make a non restricted firearm restricted and back. You have 30 days to report any change to the firearm that changes the Classification of it. Meaning you screw the restricted barrel on you call on the 29 day and ask them to change it they will. If you want to change it back they might ask for you to have the firearm verfied you take it to someone who can do that they verfiy that there is a non restricted barrel length on it and it gets changed. Thats it...

Now here is the tricky part some people do this.. They leave the non restricted barrel on the firearm because once it changes you need a authorization to transport. So they leave it non restricted head to the range put on the restricted barrel and before leaveing they switch it back that way they shoot at the range with a restricted firearm and don't have to go through the hassle of getting paper work to take it out because it's non restricted in transport....
    Jack

Keep yer Powder dry Eh!
    73 de VE7DT

CGN Regular
    Since it uses an ar buffer for its recoil spring I think this could be made 10mm pretty easily with a heavier spring and a reamer.

Just need a compatible magwell really...
    Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit.

~Oscar Wilde~