Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Henry Mare's Leg .44MAG Non-Restricted IN STOCK

Expried Business Member

Lightbulb Henry Mare's Leg .44MAG Non-Restricted IN STOCK

We have these bad boys back in stock! Henry has been super hard to get this year (then again, what hasn't?) and these are the first Henry rifles we've seen since about June of 2012. It's hard to find a nicer lever gun than a Henry and surely hard to find a nicer mare's leg style gun... these have the full brass receiver and the target-profile octagonal barrel with the buckhorn sights. These have the brass buttplate and barrel band, American walnut stocks, and an all-steel large-loop D-shaped lever assembly rather than the round large loop lever of a Rossi. Henry rifles are one of the finer things in life these days.

I can't tell you when I'll get more of these, so if you've been on the fence for awhile, now is probably your best bet of getting one before Christmas!

Click here!

Cheers,
    Dan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    I would like one

I got one but mine is a colt 45. That brass sure shines up like a perty new penny!

CGN Regular
    I'm interested because it looks neat - sort of like a cowboy CQB gun - but wondering:
    • How do you shoot these? The stock looks pretty short for a typical offhand hold.
    • It shows the magazine capacity as 5 rounds, this is not enough for most SASS or similar games (most revolvers hold 6), so what is this really used for?

Snapshot

It is used for looking cool! LOL!
    It is kind of weird to shoot. Hold it up like a regular rifle, but away from your shoulder.
    Like I said, looks cool but thats about it.
    Nice camping gun.

BANNED
    My fiancé brought one of these bad boys home. Let me tell you, with a good eye and a shooting stick this makes a perfect bush deer gun!

My GF works in the forestry industry, therefore spends a lot of time in the bush (all day everyday actually). I am considering one of these (with a full stock) for a bear defence gun. I am aware that the standard is a 12g, but she has a hard time with the recoil of my sawed-off. Any thoughts on the matter?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.fatstacks View Post
    My GF works in the forestry industry, therefore spends a lot of time in the bush (all day everyday actually). I am considering one of these (with a full stock) for a bear defence gun. I am aware that the standard is a 12g, but she has a hard time with the recoil of my sawed-off. Any thoughts on the matter?
    She will love shooting a mares leg thy are fun to shoot.
    The Ranch hand and Chiappa are lighter but with a full stock and a low powerd scope or reflex sight the Henry is better.
    I have a reflex sight on my Chiappa and Ranch Hand make it lighting fast to get it on target

Quote Originally Posted by carverk View Post
    She will love shooting a mares leg thy are fun to shoot.
    The Ranch hand and Chiappa are lighter but with a full stock and a low powerd scope or reflex sight the Henry is better.
    I have a reflex sight on my Chiappa and Ranch Hand make it lighting fast to get it on target
    Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of armacoat or nitron as it will be an everyday working rifle, and was considering one of the small aimpoints as well. From what the online guys down south are saying I might have to roll my own 300gr hard cast rds for reliable penetration in this caliber, but there are so many different opinions out there it's tough to make a decision. I agree it does look like fun to shoot, always a bonus but won't be this gun's primary mission.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.fatstacks View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of armacoat or nitron as it will be an everyday working rifle, and was considering one of the small aimpoints as well. From what the online guys down south are saying I might have to roll my own 300gr hard cast rds for reliable penetration in this caliber, but there are so many different opinions out there it's tough to make a decision. I agree it does look like fun to shoot, always a bonus but won't be this gun's primary mission.
    44 will work grate its bin the got handgun for a long time in the bush it has a hell of a kick in a SBR but a fat recoil pad will help
    You don't lose much in FPS out of a 12inch barrel compare to 16inch barrel sumthing like 46 FPS
    I think that if she has fun shooting with the Mare's Leg she will spend moor time playing with it at the rang and in the filed so wen she needs it becooms instinctive
    For a working rifle I like trijacon I have one on one of my Mare's Lag it alwase ready day or night and you dont have to tern it on or off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast